Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps it was in the past (I never saw it) but I've only seen it in black in the m/l version.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logella View Post
    Perhaps it was in the past (I never saw it) but I've only seen it in black in the m/l version.
    It was relatively recently (I have two m/l in that color and they are the most recent I have bought).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried v2 and v3.
    So far v2 fits me the best - for some reason I can't get the v3 to work well with my glasses as it seems to fog it up no matter how I adjust the mask. I suspect it might have something to with the seams down the middle of the mask on both v2 and v3. This seam seems to be gone in the v6. So far it looks like v6 might be the one that will work the best for me. I'm going to give it a try once it's available.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone comment on using the V6 for paddling/cardio activities?

I have the V1 s/m, V2 m/l and V3 s/m.

The V1 is a bit too small, the V2 is good, the V3 design is my favorite.

I collected 6 masks from other manufacturers that were recommended for paddling/sports. All of them get clammy/difficult to breathe very quickly and their designs are poor - they slip off my nose or chin and I do not have a long face!

So I continue to look for masks I can wear during dragon boat padding/training. I had worn the V3 during training sessions - it stays put and the extra room is really good but I wish it were more breathable.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Can anyone comment on using the V6 for paddling/cardio activities?

I have the V1 s/m, V2 m/l and V3 s/m.

The V1 is a bit too small, the V2 is good, the V3 design is my favorite.

I collected 6 masks from other manufacturers that were recommended for paddling/sports. All of them get clammy/difficult to breathe very quickly and their designs are poor - they slip off my nose or chin and I do not have a long face!

So I continue to look for masks I can wear during dragon boat padding/training. I had worn the V3 during training sessions - it stays put and the extra room is really good but I wish it were more breathable.
    I canít say Iíve done cardio with my V6 but it is my favorite mask. It is the most breatheable by far. Iíve had other masks get clammy but not this one. I say the V6 would be a pretty good bet for anything where youíre breathing more heavily than normal.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, @Christina . I appreciate your feedback very much.

I signed up to be notified. I look forward to getting at least a couple, maybe a few, of the V6.
    Last edited by G42; 01-04-2021 at 10:02 PM. Reason: fixed your mention typo so that it works

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I am very eager to try the V6 once it becomes available, if the fit is the same as the V4, especially if it is also fairly breathable. To date my favorite versions are V1 and V4, as the nose seams are the most comfortable. For me V1 has the best close fit for my size small face, and it is also the most breathable for me in hot weather. That said, yesterday as I had to wait outside a shop while it was in the mid 30s, I was exceptionally grateful for the soft and warmer feeling V4 material in the cool weather. It sounds like the V6 could be a great all day indoor compromise if it does not fit larger.

Thanks for continuing to innovate through additional versions!
    Same love the V1 and V4

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masks V6 in stock! I placed an order for 3 Pacific Blue Small/Medium.

I am looking forward to receiving them to replace the ďsportĒ mask I have been using for paddling, which fits terrible.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masks V6 in stock! I placed an order for 3 Pacific Blue Small/Medium.

I am looking forward to receiving them to replace the ďsportĒ mask I have been using for paddling, which fits terrible.
    Thank you for the in-stock heads-up. I hadn't been checking so I appreciate your post. I ordered both sizes plus a head strap.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

France
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the useful V6 mask feedback. Order placed to add to my well used V2 and V3 masks.
    Curious about the usefulness of the head strap, added it to order - anyone had opportunity to try it?

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the V4, but the flannel is too warm for Florida and takes forever to dry when washed. And then it's awfully floppy. I just ordered some V6 masks.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I love the V4, but the flannel is too warm for Florida and takes forever to dry when washed. And then it's awfully floppy. I just ordered some V6 masks.
    I've washed my V6 several times so far and it's still fairly stiff - to the point of me noticing... not bad, just aware... I've noticed that it takes longer to air dry than the other versions as well - which makes sense.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I think the V6 mask will work well for a range of locations, because it doesn’t use flannel on the top layer. It doesn’t have a central seam, which is part of what makes the V4 more comfortable, but also, unlike the previous mask versions it doesn’t rely on the structure of a cotton twill or flannel fabric to hold its shape. That’s part of the reason that the vertical seams are needed in the earlier version masks. And while the V1 masks have a really comfortable fit for me, and I always carry a few extra of these, you can see from the videos of people running while wearing that mask, that if you’re really breathing hard while wearing it, the structure holding the mask away from your mouth/nose isn’t preserved by the fabric responsible for the mask shape when worn. I think it’s the interior layers of spunbound polypropylene that provides the structure, probably with a finer grid that remains breathable with the additional layers. The top layer fabric can remain lightweight and comfortable.

One thing I’ve personally found is that while for the version 2 and 3 masks I get about the same fit whether i’m Using either the included metal nose piece or the Peet’s Coffee ties that I’ve shown, and that @G42 likes to use, for the version 4 and version 6 masks with a folded over design, I get a better fit with Peet’s coffee ties and their extra moldability. For @BigBad, I haven’t found it convenient to use the head strap in combination with masks, but I have long hair that I usually put into a hair clip.

ETA: I think that structured multiplayer masks are all going to take longer to dry on washing, as @G42 commented.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USPS just delivered the 3 V6 masks that I ordered on 01/12/2021. That is some fast shipping from Seattle to Miami, Florida.

I ordered the S/M. I like the Pacific Blue color. It looks greyish blue to my eyes. I am glad that I bought 3 because I tried one on - and it is the best fitting of all the masks I have thus far.

Thank you so much to the Tom Bihn crew for these useful and quality masks.

Question: can I put an iron-on patch on the V6 mask? Reason: to distinguish which one is which since my 3 masks are same color.

Otherwise, I can just use a sharpie to label the masks 1, 2 and 3 in an inconspicuous spot.

Have a great day everyone.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: can I put an iron-on patch on the V6 mask? Reason: to distinguish which one is which since my 3 masks are same color.
    I don't know if you can iron-on, the internal poly layers may not like that, but hopefully @Darcy can answer

Another option would be to just do a couple whip stitches on the edge somewhere of a contrasting colour thread.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast