Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pika Shoulder Strap Problem

Dear all,

The Pika pouch has been extremely useful during Covid as a place to store my face mask and non-contact door access cards for my building.

I do have one recurring problem with the shoulder strap though. From time to time when I pick up the Pika to sling on my shoulder, one side of the shoulder strap would detach from the attachment point and the pouch will fall to the ground. This happens in a frequency of a few times per week. Looking at where the shoulder strap attaches to the Pika, it doesn’t look like such a problem could be even possible, but it does happen.

Once I almost lost the pouch forever as I got out of a taxi, slung the Pika to my shoulder but it fell to the ground, just inches away from a rain gutter.

Just wondering if anyone has the same problem with the Pika shoulder strap/attachment contraption?

— Cuica

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @cuica I'm so glad your PIKA has been useful during these times! We've had a few other reports of what you're describing. It's a weird issue in that a few folks seem to experience it, but not everyone does. Regardless, it's definitely not ideal.

The good news is that you can emailus@tombihn.com and we can send you a different style of strap that should work better for you.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for bringing this up Cuica. Some thing has been happening to me.... and I really love my PIKA as an EDC.
    And thanks Darcy, for having a solution!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had this happen once with a 5/8” shoulder strap, when a strong preschooler grabbed my bag and pulled on it. Dislocated the ball and socket joint on the swivel clip completely!

I cannot remember if I brought it up with TB or not, (probably not, I tend to blame myself for these things) but for whatever reason I now have a different-style one, quite possibly the same as what Darcy mentioned. I haven’t had (and don’t expect to have) a problem with it. Hooray!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    @cuica I'm so glad your PIKA has been useful during these times! We've had a few other reports of what you're describing. It's a weird issue in that a few folks seem to experience it, but not everyone does. Regardless, it's definitely not ideal.

The good news is that you can emailus@tombihn.com and we can send you a different style of strap that should work better for you.
    Thank you very much @Darcy , really appreciate it.