Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which bag / cache for Surface Pro laptop?

Hi folks
    I am starting a new job soon and have been told I will be using a Surface Pro laptop.
    Any recommendations for bags which work well with this model?
    Or bags which did not work well for you?
    I am considering Pilot, Cadet, Synapse 19, open to ideas.
    I also need advice on cache size from user experience, as I'm aware that sometimes a slightly larger laptop than advertised can fit into TB zipped caches.
    Thanks for any advice you can give Smilie

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Michigan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you getting a Surface laptop or a Surface Pro tablet hybrid? I have a Surface Pro 4 (tablet hybrid) and use a 13D cache. It works well in my DLBC, DLBP, Pilot, S19 and S22, and fits vertically in my MCB. But the Surface laptop has different dimensions, I'm sure.
    EDC: Side Kick/Medium Cafe Bag | WORK: Daylight Briefcase/Synik 22 | GYM: Truck | TRAVEL: Synik 22/Smart Alec/Aeronaut 30

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldYam View Post
    Are you getting a Surface laptop or a Surface Pro tablet hybrid? I have a Surface Pro 4 (tablet hybrid) and use a 13D cache. It works well in my DLBC, DLBP, Pilot, S19 and S22, and fits vertically in my MCB. But the Surface laptop has different dimensions, I'm sure.
    He said Surface Pro, but I'm aware of the potential for mix-ups !
    It would make more sense if it were a Surface laptop....
    I don't think I'll buy a cache until I've got the thing in my hands and can measure the size directly.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the word "Pro" was used, I'd assume you are getting a Surface Pro. That said, it doesn't hurt to follow up about the specifics of the device so you can be sure it will fit in whatever you get.

Also, FWIW, I use a Surface Laptop 3 for work. It is a snug fit in the 13C cache (none of the other 13s would be tall enough for it due to the unusual 3:2 aspect ratio), which in turn *just* fits in the daylight briefcase. It will also fit in the Luminary 15.

Hope that helps. Congrats on the new job!

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    If the word "Pro" was used, I'd assume you are getting a Surface Pro. That said, it doesn't hurt to follow up about the specifics of the device so you can be sure it will fit in whatever you get.

Also, FWIW, I use a Surface Laptop 3 for work. It is a snug fit in the 13C cache (none of the other 13s would be tall enough for it due to the unusual 3:2 aspect ratio), which in turn *just* fits in the daylight briefcase. It will also fit in the Luminary 15.

Hope that helps. Congrats on the new job!
    Good to know, thank you.
    Kinda hoping it will be the laptop version as I could really use the bigger screen - I do a lot of spreadsheet work - we shall see !