Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update. Oof. We edited the product page template — or thought we did — so that we could share early previews of new designs like the Paragon with you *before* the full pre-production batch (PPB) process at our Seattle factory was completed. The PPB process is how we determine the price of the bag, the final volume/dimensions, the final BOM (bill of materials/what materials are used) and other key details that you guys need to know. We thought we hid some of the page sections with those details (like the price) in the template before we made it active, but apparently we didn’t. Our bad. We’ve fixed that now. We’ll share the final price of the Paragon this week; it does require a lot more work to construct than the Daylight Backpack, so it won’t be anywhere near that price, but it won’t quite be $200 either.

I’ve also corrected the dimensions and volume of the Paragon. The actual volume and dimensions are:
    Volume 1200 / 19.8 liters
    13.4" (w) x 17.9" (h) x 6.8" (d) / 340 (w) x 455 (h) x 175 (d) mm

The information on the Paragon pages is now accurate (price hidden, to be finalized next week.)

***pretending to ourselves that this is all a very calculated marketing ploy meant to increase the dramarama around the release and not the actual case of human error that it is***
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We’ll share the final price of the Paragon this week; it does require a lot more work to construct than the Daylight Backpack, so it won’t be anywhere near that price, but it won’t quite be $200 either.

I’ve also corrected the dimensions and volume of the Paragon. The actual volume and dimensions are:

***pretending to ourselves that this is all a very calculated marketing ploy meant to increase the dramarama around the release and not the actual case of human error that it is***
    Good to know the pricing will be less, since I'm seriously tempted to get one of each (GE and DL).
    I was Ok with 16.5 liters, but I promise not to complain about the extra 3 liters.
    Gotta watch out for those computer gremlins!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's interesting. On paper that's very close to the Western Flier: 17.9" (w) x 12" (h) x 7.1" which is 26L ...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Egads happy to hear that, I was hoping initially that it would be close to a 20 liter capacity and while I was still excited to order it, not gonna lie I had a near apoplectic shock at the sticker price, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on exterior dimensions, it is also the same volume as a Goruck GR1 26L, which has a somewhat similar shape and simple organization, and weighs 3 lbs, compared to the 12 to 15 oz of the Paragon.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aha good question! Yes, the Paragon is the new name for the Insigne. Looking up Taika Waititi now!

We plan to offer more "coming soon" pages like this one. The next coming soon page will likely be for another vintage design reissue ("Le Grande Derriere", I kid you not!)
    Darcy, if I had met Tom when we were both living in the Bay Area, I would have taken dibs on that name.

But...

So funny. Smilie

Much Loving Care for the Crew!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More photos of the Paragon are up! And more photos are coming later this week.

See 'em here:
    Design Lab Edition Paragon
    Guide's Edition Paragon

And a heads-up for those of you who love Halcyon 400d. The upcoming pre-order/debut won’t be without controversy — in the email newsletter being sent out later this week, we’ll share an essay about how sometimes things just don’t line up perfectly... and why we think that can be okay. We’ll also share the launch date for the pre-order (which is also the debut of the Paragon.) Stay tuned!

Early preview of the upcoming Paragon backpack-og-halcyon-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy , the photo of the Paragon Guide’s Edition in Ursa looks the same as the photo for aubergine. Is it my phone’s screen’s rendition?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    @Darcy , the photo of the Paragon Guide’s Edition in Ursa looks the same as the photo for aubergine. Is it my phone’s screen’s rendition?
    You're correct - the Ursa is showing Aubergine
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    You're correct - the Ursa is showing Aubergine
    I noticed that while the Ursa originally shows Aubergine, if you look in the thumbnails below you can click on them and then it shows Ursa. Weird little bug.

Anyways, I really like the look of this bag, I just wish it was a teensy bit smaller-it's the same width as my GE Synapse 25, so even if I flat packed it to be a daypack I feel like it would be an incredibly tight squeeze.
    Last edited by Skirata44; 01-25-2021 at 03:59 PM.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be a good backpack for when my classes transition back to being in-person, wider than the Synapse 19 (which is still my perfect backpack but not great with binders!), although I do not see a water bottle pocket . . .

I love the aesthetic of the 525 Nebulous Grey/Ultraviolet 200 Halcyon but would go with the Black 400 Halcyon exterior because my experience with the Luminary 12 doesn't make me confident about putting harder objects inside without their outlines showing up in wear on the 525 exterior. The warning about Halcyon 400 is not comforting, Darcy!

(Aside : Would y'all know when repairs can happen again? My Synapse will need the main zipper replaced.)

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    This might be a good backpack for when my classes transition back to being in-person, wider than the Synapse 19 (which is still my perfect backpack but not great with binders!), although I do not see a water bottle pocket . . .

I love the aesthetic of the 525 Nebulous Grey/Ultraviolet 200 Halcyon but would go with the Black 400 Halcyon exterior because my experience with the Luminary 12 doesn't make me confident about putting harder objects inside without their outlines showing up in wear on the 525 exterior. The warning about Halcyon 400 is not comforting, Darcy!

(Aside : Would y'all know when repairs can happen again? My Synapse will need the main zipper replaced.)
    Smirk I hope repairs are happening now, I just sent a Makers Bag back for a zipper replacement.

And I definitely agree with you and the others about the water bottle pocket, I really wish there was one in this bag (even the Luminary style one, which I love for its versatility).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The water bottles of the Luminary and the side mesh pockets of the Makers Bag should just become standard features for TB backpacks and shoulder bags Smilie.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ursa photo is updated; now showing as expected. Ursa/coyote is beautiful! So is Wildness Green/coyote.

Forum Member
    St. Paul, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the Wilderness Coyote GE Paragon! Does it still have the two lash points on the bottom of the bag? Or is it only the one on the top center?
    Synapse 19 (Burnt orange/Steel) | Side Kick (Deep blue/Wasabi) | Side Effect (Nordic/Wasabi) | Travel Cubelet (Burnt orange/Northwest sky)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast