Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any way to get insight into manufacturing schedule?

I've been holding off on an order waiting for Nik's minimalist wallet #5 to be back in stock, but if that's going to be a long time I might just go ahead with the rest. Is there any way to know (in general or in this specific case)?

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy sometimes pops into these threads so she might be here shortly, but you can always email customer support-they're really great about letting you know if/when stuff will be back in stock.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @cujo

As @Skirata44 said, you can always email or IM the fine folks in Customer Service

If you'd like to draw @Darcy 's attention to a particular post, please us the @ in front of her username (as I did with yours) so that it will show up as a 'mention' notification as there are a lot of posts

Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My recommendation is to not wait if something is in stock now, unless you're sure it's not going to run out. A lot of people do large orders on release day and things go quickly. You may miss out on your original items waiting for that last one.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy did mention in December I believe (these months all run together) that they were doing their first half planning and she'd be writing a blog post "around the first of the year". So we are still waiting. Whenever I get frustrated with waiting, I remind myself that when things take longer than planned that there is good stuff in the works. Darcy did mention that in February, 12 bags will be up for pre order. I assume that's a lot of work to get it all in order before communicating that to us.
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not frustrated, but if I go ahead and order and then the wallet is back in stock a week later, then I'll be frustrated. Smilie

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you @Skirata44 @G42 @sturbridge @Surrealle for sharing advice and knowledge here: this is a big part of what makes these Forums so amazing and it's especially helpful to us right now as we are gathering all of the details for that upcoming February pre-order so that we can share them with you.

@cujo Nik's Wallets in #1, #3, #4, and #5 have all been ordered in colors Black, Dawn, Coyote, and Island. We're focusing on those colors right now to build up stock of the most popular colors. (The #2 has been retired.) I expect that we'll begin sewing them within the next two weeks, so it shouldn't be too much longer before they're restocked. Does that help? Feel free to ask follow-up questions.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy that'll work... thank you!

Yes, this community is great.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy do you have any information on when frame sheets will be available for the Aeronaut 30? You guys have been out of stock on them for months now. I have a bunch of items I want to order from you guys I've just been waiting on the frame sheet. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you Any way to get insight into manufacturing schedule?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by G42; 01-18-2021 at 03:54 PM. Reason: added @ to Darcy so that it flags as a mention

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, @Darcy ! Is the Swift retiring to make way for the new knitting/craft bag that was mentioned? Also, the Maker’s Bag...Nebulous Gray/Acuity has disappeared from the “In Production” lineup; is it gone forever or just for now? Just curious Embarrassment
    I’m looking forward to seeing what coming up next!

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    Thank you, @Darcy ! Also, the Maker’s Bag...Nebulous Gray/Acuity has disappeared from the “In Production” lineup; is it gone forever or just for now? Just curious Embarrassment
    I noticed that too! I was bummed when I saw that change. I'm hoping it's a glitch, or that they'll add more colors soon.

Not that I need any more Maker's Bags, although that hasn't stopped me yet..

The far west
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejt830 View Post
    @Darcy do you have any information on when frame sheets will be available for the Aeronaut 30? You guys have been out of stock on them for months now. I have a bunch of items I want to order from you guys I've just been waiting on the frame sheet. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you Any way to get insight into manufacturing schedule?
    I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on when those would be restocked: it won't be anytime soon. We double-checked the warehouse and don't have any A30 Internal Frames. I'm checking with our studio photographer to see if they have one in the collection of bags in their studio. Hoping to be able to share some good news with you soon!

Thank you, @Darcy ! Is the Swift retiring to make way for the new knitting/craft bag that was mentioned? Also, the Maker’s Bag...Nebulous Gray/Acuity has disappeared from the “In Production” lineup; is it gone forever or just for now? Just curious Embarrassment
    We do think the Swift might be retiring to make way for the new knitting/craft bag. But, before that happens, we're thinking of offering one more production run of the Little Swift. You know us: we're working on that new knitting/craft bag design but it could take us a while (read: years) to complete it. In the meantime, we can't not offer a knitting/craft bag *and* we thought the LS would be pretty amazing in the 630d Recycled colors (and Wilderness!! Constellation! Ursa!)

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    I noticed that too! I was bummed when I saw that change. I'm hoping it's a glitch, or that they'll add more colors soon.

As for that Maker's Bag in Nebulous/Acuity.... it'll only reappear if we happen to have some Acuity left after February's pre-order. We're making extra sure we have enough Acuity to offer the Design Lab Packing Cube, Side Effect, and Everyday Cubelet in that color without fear of it running out!

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post

Same here! The Maker’s Bag was slow to grow on me, but now it’s one of my favorites!

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do think the Swift might be retiring to make way for the new knitting/craft bag. But, before that happens, we're thinking of offering one more production run of the Little Swift. You know us: we're working on that new knitting/craft bag design but it could take us a while (read: years) to complete it. In the meantime, we can't not offer a knitting/craft bag *and* we thought the LS would be pretty amazing in the 630d Recycled colors (and Wilderness!! Constellation! Ursa!)

Ohhhh! That is exciting!! The Little Swift was gone before I discovered TB, so I don’t have any...it would be nice to add one (or more!) to my collection!Heart Eyes

The far west
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhh! That is exciting!! The Little Swift was gone before I discovered TB, so I don’t have any...it would be nice to add one (or more!) to my collection!Heart Eyes
    I still have a Cork Little Swift that I carry on certain occasions! It's a great size. Not too big and not too small. I love the Cork, but I'd also like a chance to get one in Black 525d (goes with everything of course!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast