Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are the same. I tried signing in and out as well. Having the same problem on my MacBook.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lami View Post
    I never receive a confirmation email. Anyone else have that issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby84 View Post
    @Darcy
    update-still unable to access on my laptop. I'm registered and subscribed with TB.
    @Gabby84 and other new folks who have signed up for the newsletter,

Can someone who has just done the newsletter signup for the first time and who can also now see the image of Taiga on the Paragon page describe whether they received an e-mail notification that they have signed up? I’m guessing from @KAB ’s post that folks with older subscriptions might not get a notice. But I last tested this in December when they added the feature of also participating in a bag giveaway to that page, and that did send me an e-mail to confirm my subscription (to the giveaway) by clicking on the link. I know they changed the format of that in response to feedback, but I don’t have current info, since that was ar the end of December when I tested this.
    @Gabby84 , you may need to ask customer support to help you troubleshoot.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby84 View Post
    they are the same. I tried signing in and out as well. Having the same problem on my MacBook.
    One last thought, since I've now tried this on my Mac, saw that it worked, and then went back to my iPhone, where I started at this forum post without being logged into the forums. When you do the newsletter signup, you should see a signup email box on the linked page above the picture and directly below the text that says "Don't see a sign-up box below? Make sure your ad blocker is cool with us!". Then there is a text box with "Email address" as the grey text prompt for the contents to be filled in, and a red right double arrow button to the right of the text box. Below that is an open checkbox which has to the right of it the text "You're also signing up for our top-shelf newsletter". When I signed up on my iPhone to test this, I filled in the email address in that first text box, checked. the check box below for the newsletter subscription, and submitted this by pressing the red right double arrow to the right of my entered email. (There may also be a box you have to check in lieu of a CAPTCHA that says you are not a robot)

It might be misleading that on the very bottom of each web page, including the ones for the forums, there is a "Subscribe to our newsletter" text box which was set up way before all of the present tests. Try using the procedure I outlined on your iPhone to subscribe in the first step. (I don't know whether you'll get an email notice back after that step, because they changed things a bit after I tested this at the end of December).

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 01-22-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy - thanks for this clarification. I discovered that I have two email addresses -- an older one for the TB account and my newer (preferred) one for the newsletter.

Unfortunately, it looks like your account system does not allow one to update the email address so I've contacted TB at the address you gave in hopes of resolving the issues.

Many thanks in advance!

Looking forward to the February debuts & reappearances!

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It did work for me. Im one of the people with separate forum and account log-ins though. So I made sure to log into my account, not the rocks account. I think I was supposed to merge them at some point, but didnt.
    Taiga looks how I thought it would! I had a dark khaki greenish neutral in mind, and its lighter than that. But not enough for me to be far wrong Wink

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey folks! We've just implemented another way to sign up for the newsletter and check if you're signed up. If you login to your account on the main site and go to your "My Account" page, you should either see a bit of text that says "Subscribe to Our Newsletter" (it is grey text but is clickable) or "You are subscribed to our newsletter".

ETA: If you have text that says "You are subscribed to our newsletter" you should be able to see the Taiga image on the page. If you aren't for whatever reason let me know!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks, Matthew, for syncing my email addresses.

I can now see the Taiga fabric -- it's much prettier than I'd imagined!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Your suggestion worked on my iPhone!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was finally able to subscribe with what Matthew said above, with my account page, and then see taigi. (I am the one who emailed saying I never received a subscription confirmation email. Even when it was sent from the TB crew directly, and I confirmed, it still showed I wasn't subscribed on that account page. Something must be wrong with the subscription process?) Anyway, thanks for the work arounds.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now it worked! Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked fine for me (Chrome on Mac).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a slightly different routing to check to see if I could see the new taiga screenshot, and it worked, so I wanted to share it here. When I logged into my account and confirmed I'm signed up for the newsletter, I typed "Paragon" into the search feature, and it opened up the two choices of GE or Design Lab. I clicked on GE, and the taiga screenshot appeared where Darcy said it would be. This was from my iPad, not from a laptop.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Weve figured out a way that we can give you first 24 hour access to the February pre-order/debut if you are subscribed to our email newsletter and you have a TOM BIHN website account, we can tag you so that you can view a product page and able to purchase an item when the general public cant (yet.)
    Questions? Feel free to ask!
    @Darcy This may be a dumb question but how will we know when the 24 hour window opens? I just signed up for the newsletter for the first time this month so I don't know for sure if I'll receive it. (I'm also not on FB.) Will we get a heads up here when you guys have the date set?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewR View Post
    Hey folks! We've just implemented another way to sign up for the newsletter and check if you're signed up. If you login to your account on the main site and go to your "My Account" page, you should either see a bit of text that says "Subscribe to Our Newsletter" (it is grey text but is clickable) or "You are subscribed to our newsletter".

ETA: If you have text that says "You are subscribed to our newsletter" you should be able to see the Taiga image on the page. If you aren't for whatever reason let me know!
    So, I was able to see the new taiga samples, and had the 'you are signed up for the newsletter' notice when following the process. That said, I never got the confirmation email, and as I think about it, I typically don't get the newsletters. When I clicked on the 'rare bag giveaway' link, that also indicated I'd get a confirmation email, and that never came. I'm wondering if there's a glitch on the back end for some of us in which it appears to us that we're signed up, but somehow, that sign-up isn't tracking through so that we're actually receiving the newsletter? I think across the 3-4 years I've been (supposedly) signed up to receive them, I can only remember getting one or two - I just never think to follow up.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update! The February pre-order will open *for everyone* on the same day -- Wednesday, February 3rd at 7:00am PT. We’ll be sending out an email newsletter tomorrow with more details. In the meantime, you can view all of the bags being offered for pre-order here: https://www.tombihn.com/collections/febpreorder

And thank you, everyone, for helping us test the first 24 hour access plan. Overall, it works well, and we hope to deploy it as a solution for future pre-orders…. but not the February pre-order. Here’s why: this is a reallllly big pre-order and we’re concerned that, if tech support issues do pop up, it could make the debut more stressful, not less.

We also think we've figured out enough other solutions to do the best we can (note that it is our best, the best we uniquely can do: we are still a small Seattle factory at the end of the day!) to prevent stuff from selling out too quickly. Lisa and Fong came up with some useful reflections and strategies in regards to efficiency and Mike and Nik have been working to further nail down production capacity and work what magic they can.

I also want to thank all of you for being there while we try new ideas, get your feedback, and make changes based on it. It’s risky to put ourselves — and our ideas — out there. But risky can be worth it: we’ve seen over and over again that combining our expertise and experience with a little vulnerability and openness results in collaboration, and collaboration in our experience can often lead to better outcomes. And I don’t think we’d feel as comfortable sharing our process so openly with you if this little corner of the Interwebs wasn't the awesome place that it is. So: thanks! At the same time, it's important to us to make sure you know it's totally okay to share feedback about how/if/when things aren't working for you (we also like hearing what does work for you!) so don't hesitate to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by aungrl View Post
    So, I was able to see the new taiga samples, and had the 'you are signed up for the newsletter' notice when following the process. That said, I never got the confirmation email, and as I think about it, I typically don't get the newsletters. When I clicked on the 'rare bag giveaway' link, that also indicated I'd get a confirmation email, and that never came. I'm wondering if there's a glitch on the back end for some of us in which it appears to us that we're signed up, but somehow, that sign-up isn't tracking through so that we're actually receiving the newsletter? I think across the 3-4 years I've been (supposedly) signed up to receive them, I can only remember getting one or two - I just never think to follow up.
    Everything looks just like it should on the backend! You are subscribed to our newsletters and they do appear to be sent to you. Maybe we just don't send out that many?! Smilie (We're going to work on being better about that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    @Darcy This may be a dumb question but how will we know when the 24 hour window opens? I just signed up for the newsletter for the first time this month so I don't know for sure if I'll receive it. (I'm also not on FB.) Will we get a heads up here when you guys have the date set?
    Wasn't ignoring your question, just wanted to wait to answer it until I posted what I posted above!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast