Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to help us test out an idea *and* get sneak peeks at Taiga 200d and 400d?

We’ve figured out a way that we can give you first 24 hour access to the February pre-order/debut — if you are subscribed to our email newsletter and you have a TOM BIHN website account, we can tag you so that you can view a product page and able to purchase an item when the general public can’t (yet.) Folks who aren’t subscribed/logged in would see the product page with a message of “Available to order on _____”.

To test whether this works and you’re able to see things the general public can’t — like the first photo of Taiga 200d / 400d — try this:

1. For this to work, you need to be a newsletter subscriber. If you aren’t a subscriber yet, sign up and try the below in 1-2 minutes.
    2. Log into your TOM BIHN website account.
    3. Go to the Guide’s Edition Paragon page and refresh; where the text blurb with the date estimate above the Add to Basket/Wish List buttons used to be will be the Taiga image.

In response to the last debut, some of you asked us to come up with ways to make debuts/pre-orders a less rushed or stressful experience. This is one of the solutions of several solutions we’ve come up with that we could implement for the February debut that we *hope* will help — it’s really about getting clever and implementing several solutions that, altogether, would hopefully make debuts more chill. So, test it out as outlined above, and let me know if it makes sense and works for you — I think my main concern is that the instructions make sense and everyone’s able to see the secret first access info. We’d present this in a more succinct way in the next newsletter, I just wanted to share more of the details with all of you. And if you don’t want to test this but still see Taiga… fair enough! I’ll post the picture here later this evening Smilie

The 24 hour first access idea/solution doesn’t magically transform us from a company of 47 people who sew everything ourselves in Seattle into a larger company that can turn on the spigot of a mega-manufacturing facility — what we hope it’ll achieve is this:

After the first 24 hour access is over, we can begin the production process for the bags ordered within that window. That means we’ll be six days ahead of things and you’ll get your bags that many days more quickly.

We hope it will have a small but potentially meaningful impact in regards to reducing how quickly bags sell out. It’s not like the newsletter is some secret thing and we’re of course encouraging folks to sign up, but despite that, we do think it will could make a difference. Or, at least we hope it will!

In addition to the first 24 hour access idea, we’re ready to shift allocated pre-order inventory (example: reduce quantities on less popular bags and increase quantities on more popular bags) and, if the first pre-order date (example: “Ships mid-April”) sells out we’ll immediately offer a second pre-order with a farther-out date so folks can at least place orders if they’d like. The one exception to this is if we sell out of colors or fabrics and can’t increase pre-orderable inventory because of that. For the February debut, we’ve decided to allocate the majority of the limited edition 200d Halcyon colors to the Design Lab Packing Cube Shoulder Bag and the Side Effect in order to do what we can to prevent them from selling out too quickly.

Questions? Feel free to ask!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The method works and I see the photo. Very nice color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The far west
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djkindred View Post
    The method works and I see the photo. Very nice color!
    Yay!! Thank you!

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked for me. Thanks, Darcy!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked for me. Let me be one of the first to congratulate you on addressing this issue, and making the Kool-Aid drinking TB enthusiasts very happy.

Taiga - interesting and pleasant looking. Not my cup of tea, but kudos for doing something different.

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I definitely see where the lichen comparison comes from. That's a super neat color!
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked! Thanks, Darcy. I like the color

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to do this but it didn't work. (I *thought* I was already subscribed to the newsletter from before but it let me sign up again so maybe not? I haven't received the confirmation email this time around though.)

I don't know if you can search for my email in your system with a keyword but my username here is part of it. (Don't want to post my email publicly so if that doesn't work let me know and I'll PM you.)
    Last edited by Surrealle; 01-20-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy - thank you for putting your heads together to come up with a way to reduce some of the ordering stress. I really appreciate it since last debut day I had issues with product selling out before I could check out. I am eager to see how this method will work in February.

Taiga is a very pleasant color. Looking forward to seeing it in person.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Links worked for me as well Smilie

ETA: worked with Firefox on a macbook and Chrome on an Android phone
    Last edited by G42; 01-20-2021 at 08:51 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

The far west
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    I tried to do this but it didn't work. (I *thought* I was already subscribed to the newsletter from before but it let me sign up again so maybe not? I haven't received the confirmation email this time around though.)

I don't know if you can search for my email in your system with a keyword but my username here is part of it. (Don't want to post my email publicly so if that doesn't work let me know and I'll PM you.)
    Okay, try again! (Making sure you're logged in to the website account + refreshing that Guide's Edition Paragon page.) If that doesn't work, PM me Smilie

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy It worked, thank you!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I signed up for the newsletter at 5:57pm and then logged in. I refreshed the browser but don't see the photo. I also tried logging out and then back in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That worked! Thank you to everyone for working out an option to make things a little smoother for us. Just one more thing that makes TOM BIHN one of the best companies ever.

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked for me too!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast