Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 213 of 231 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3454
  1. #3181
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh goodness...
    I don't know how you guys do this. I ordered my first Tom Bihn bag late last week. I didn't pay for any of the upgraded shipping options. I'm in the Midwest/Great Lakes region, and my estimated arrival date via UPS was Monday. Waiting THAT long was about killing me.
    Now it's delayed due to weather, with no expected delivery date.

    Lesson. Learned.

    My next few orders (and there will be more orders, I'm sure), I will
    Pay. More. For. Shipping.

  2. #3182
    Volunteer Moderator aedifica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Boston; she/her
    Posts
    1,092
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definityx, I live across the continent from Seattle and it almost always takes 7 days for an order to get here... but I rarely pay for upgraded shipping because if I save that money I can spend it on bags instead. Smilie The waiting is hard, you have all my sympathies! Maybe you can look at it as extra time to enjoy the anticipation?

    Last time I ordered I did treat myself to upgraded shipping, but I did it to make sure the box would arrive on a day I was home. Well, I say "make sure," but of course there can be weather delays and such, like you ran into. Fortunately there weren't any delays that time and my shipment did arrive right on time.

    (And to everyone here who lives in other countries, I suppose it takes even longer for shipments to get to you. You have all my sympathies too!)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

    I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

  3. #3183
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    definityx, I live across the continent from Seattle and it almost always takes 7 days for an order to get here... but I rarely pay for upgraded shipping because if I save that money I can spend it on bags instead. Smilie The waiting is hard, you have all my sympathies! Maybe you can look at it as extra time to enjoy the anticipation?

    Last time I ordered I did treat myself to upgraded shipping, but I did it to make sure the box would arrive on a day I was home. Well, I say "make sure," but of course there can be weather delays and such, like you ran into. Fortunately there weren't any delays that time and my shipment did arrive right on time.

    (And to everyone here who lives in other countries, I suppose it takes even longer for shipments to get to you. You have all my sympathies too!)
    It actually takes less time to get to the U.K. than it does to New England (using Ground)! But of course it costs 4.5 times as much, so I would hope so. TB Anticipation Syndrome

  4. #3184
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Share
    Springfield, MA
    Posts
    360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checking the forums every couple of hours, waiting to see when the ghost whale pouch page is up. Doot dee dooooo...

  5. #3185
    Forum Member sturbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checking the forums every couple of hours, waiting to see when the ghost whale pouch page is up.

    hahahaha So I'm not the only one!
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

  6. #3186
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Lost in the Midwest
    Posts
    370
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Just checking the forums every couple of hours, waiting to see when the ghost whale pouch page is up. Doot dee dooooo...
    Every couple of HOURS? Wish I had that restraint! ; - )

  7. #3187
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Just checking the forums every couple of hours, waiting to see when the ghost whale pouch page is up. Doot dee dooooo...
    Yep! Haven't even gotten my first TB order in the mail yet (today while I'm at work maybe?) and I'm already loading stuff up for my second... and that little guy will be a part of it!

  8. #3188
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Every couple of HOURS? Wish I had that restraint! ; - )
    Really want a couple of these, maybe more lol.

  9. #3189
    Forum Member chaimonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Share
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I still look at the MCB and DLBP pages now and then with a certain wistfulness, I'm finding new joy in my seldom-used S19 and too-often-ignored SCB. To that end, when I saw the order pages pop up for the Ghost Whale Organizers, I jumped. I already have one in the small size (a ghostly gray one, actually, my forum holiday gift), but decided to snag a Mini in Coyote mesh and an A5 one in Viridian 210. I discovered it's as much fun kitting out my existing TB bags as getting new ones. So now I'm dying to get my new little pouches and kit out my bags in a new way.
    Last edited by chaimonkey; 02-27-2019 at 06:57 AM.
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

  10. #3190
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Indiana
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post
    I discovered it's as much fun kitting out my existing TB bags as getting new ones. So now I'm dying to get my new little pouches and kit out my bags in a new way.
    I'm always pleased when I figure out what fits where!

    I finally ordered a cubelet, in super cute Alphaviolet. It's too much for me in a big bag, it doesn't match any of my work clothes! But with jeans, as an occasional PLO? Sure!

  11. #3191
    Forum Member chaimonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Share
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I'm always pleased when I figure out what fits where!

    I finally ordered a cubelet, in super cute Alphaviolet. It's too much for me in a big bag, it doesn't match any of my work clothes! But with jeans, as an occasional PLO? Sure!
    I donít carry a water bottle in the middle compartment of my EDC S25. Instead, thatís where I stash my Cubelet, Q-Kit, and (not shown) Oakleys in their little microfiber pouch.



    Iíve never thought of using it as a PLO. Hmm.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

  12. #3192
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,901
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post

    I’ve never thought of using it as a PLO.
    I keep forgetting to ask - what the heck does PLO mean in the context of these Forums...?

    I know we're not talking the global/middle east crisis... and none of the other answers google offers seem to fit...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  13. #3193
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I keep forgetting to ask - what the heck does PLO mean in the context of these Forums...?

    I know we're not talking the global/middle east crisis... and none of the other answers google offers seem to fit...

    Purse like object. Smilie
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

  14. #3194
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Share
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,525
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I keep forgetting to ask - what the heck does PLO mean in the context of these Forums...?

    I know we're not talking the global/middle east crisis... and none of the other answers google offers seem to fit...
    To supplement @pammy’s quick explanation of PLO=purse-like object, see my post (#6) in the Acronyms Guide sticky thread, that cites the history of its use. The earlier few posts identified both @backpack and @dorayme as early adopters/users of this acronym and concept in forum discussions, but I linked the first instance that I can remember of the abbreviation’s use (by @dorayme).

    HTH

    moriond

  15. #3195
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,901
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    To supplement @pammy’s quick explanation of PLO=purse-like object, see my post (#6) in the Acronyms Guide sticky thread, that cites the history of its use. The earlier few posts identified both @backpack and @dorayme as early adopters/users of this acronym and concept in forum discussions, but I linked the first instance that I can remember of the abbreviation’s use (by @dorayme).

    HTH

    moriond
    Am I the only one who keeps thinking (unidentified flying object for purse like object!?)

    Thanks @moriond - that linked post was pretty funny!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Page 213 of 231 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •