Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 220 of 222 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3329
  1. #3286
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    12
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    OK, I bit the bullet and ordered frame sheets and hip belts for our Aeronauts and I hope that I don't regret parting with my hard-earned cash (not because of quality, I'm sure of that, but just because of general grumpiness about spending money). Also, nothing else found its way into the order apart from a few parts (gatekeepers, slides, side buckle and triangle hooks). $4 worth, that I can live with :-) $45 for shipping was not so easy to swallow.

    I shall continue my attempt to replicate the smaller stuff at home, it's working OK so far!!!
    well, the alternative is inflating the prices and offering "free shipping" i'll go for transperancy of true costs with fair profits and fair treatment of employees. that's part of what we like about TB. on the upside, being outside the US, perhaps you're not having to pay our state and local sales taxes. move to the US and shipping will only be $10. move to the PNW and enjoy in-store shopping with NO shipping charges!

  2. #3287
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Share
    Sweden
    Posts
    214
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think itís fair of TB! And I donít mind paying the price for quality and fair wages. Itís just a lot of money.

    Iíd rather pay shipping and get free childcare and after school care and health care also, so good reminder of why I made the choice to move... perspective duly adjusted.

  3. #3288
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Share
    France
    Posts
    90
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deuxcv, I think you’re response is rather strong. I did not read anything in ejvc’s post suggesting pricing at expense of fair treatment of employees.

  4. #3289
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Share
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    51
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gah! I just placed my 4th order with Tom Bihn. I waited for small travel trays and they're back in stock today. Woot. Got three -- Island, red, and gray.

    At this rate, TB is going to have to be its own special line item in my budget. Part of it is I'm new to TB and am still exploring the best way to organize my S25 and S19 so I'm ordering and trying different organizers. Think TB will have mixed feelings about me, though because I have a number of things to return post-experimentation.

    The hard part now is I'm on the East Coast so at least 7 days -- Maybe more, depending on whether the TB crew still has time to process my order today. Fingers crossed. I have UPS notifications though -- which is love hate with TB. I get to see exactly how loooooong it will take for my order to get to me. :-(. I get notified the day before delivery. :-).

  5. #3290
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Share
    UK
    Posts
    179
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxcv View Post
    well, the alternative is inflating the prices and offering "free shipping" i'll go for transperancy of true costs with fair profits and fair treatment of employees. that's part of what we like about TB. on the upside, being outside the US, perhaps you're not having to pay our state and local sales taxes. move to the US and shipping will only be $10. move to the PNW and enjoy in-store shopping with NO shipping charges!
    LOL, sales tax in the UK is 20% *plus* random customs fees for importing any TB items, so I doubt us international folk have it better than the US when it comes to taxes!

    Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

  6. #3291
    Forum Member fredlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    167
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    OK, I bit the bullet and ordered frame sheets and hip belts for our Aeronauts and I hope that I don't regret parting with my hard-earned cash (not because of quality, I'm sure of that, but just because of general grumpiness about spending money).
    The frame sheet and hip belt was an amazing difference on the A30! Iím sure youíll love it!


    fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

  7. #3292
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Share
    Sweden
    Posts
    214
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reassurance! It's already shipped, and (actually) I am quite excited, even though everything in the order is black :-o The hardware will be used to make attachments on my homemade snake charmer and sidekick(ish) bag.

    I've been spending the morning looking at the Swiss train map and reading various guidebooks from the library!!

  8. #3293
    Forum Member melminimalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Share
    Alabama
    Posts
    407
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just won an A30 on eBay, looking forward to bringing the bag into the fold to join my others. I just did a de-stash and they just keep rolling in! TB Anticipation Syndrome


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

  9. #3294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Share
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    7
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this would be so simple, just order the Cafe bag I wanted....but then.......I found the forums! I just placed my first order not only for the bag, but also parts, bags, straps and pieces that I saw in some of the forum posts. YIKES.
    Now I just wait for the shipment to arrive.
    Thanks to all who post here for the advise and ideas.

  10. #3295
    Forum Member lizziejean3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Share
    Montana
    Posts
    209
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salted radish View Post
    I thought this would be so simple, just order the Cafe bag I wanted....but then.......I found the forums! I just placed my first order not only for the bag, but also parts, bags, straps and pieces that I saw in some of the forum posts. YIKES.
    Now I just wait for the shipment to arrive.
    Thanks to all who post here for the advise and ideas.
    It's a (wonderful) slippery slope!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

  11. #3296
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Share
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    7
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So true....and it has shipped already!!!
    I am truly giddy.

  12. #3297
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Lost in the Midwest
    Posts
    343
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on my 10th day waiting...(ordered on a Sat, TB shipped on Mon, expected arrival Fri) UPS had issues somewhere near MN, delayed until Mon.

    Today (Mon) is delivery day and it usually arrives by 1pm, it is almost 5pm now and hoping it shows up by tonight!

    I'm actually really good about not constantly checking once I have a delivery date, and when it did not show up on Fri afternoon, that was a challenge that required some deep breathing and my favorite chocolate bar

  13. #3298
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Share
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    7
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no! hope it arrives soon.

  14. #3299
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Share
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    51
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    I am on my 10th day waiting...(ordered on a Sat, TB shipped on Mon, expected arrival Fri) UPS had issues somewhere near MN, delayed until Mon.

    Today (Mon) is delivery day and it usually arrives by 1pm, it is almost 5pm now and hoping it shows up by tonight!

    I'm actually really good about not constantly checking once I have a delivery date, and when it did not show up on Fri afternoon, that was a challenge that required some deep breathing and my favorite chocolate bar

    Even though UPS tells me exactly when to expect my package, I always recheck midway through delivery. Just in case...maybe...some magic occurs to speed up delivery. Sadly, it’s never happened. But will I look midway through the next shipment? You bet!

  15. #3300
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Share
    Sweden
    Posts
    214
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I am crying because UPS sent me a message and said I owed SEK 1260 in duty. That's $136, on top of $45 shipping and (of course) $120 for the actual frame sheets and belts. $300 even, the actual merchandise 40% of the cost! I can't understand how it can be more in duty than the actual cost of the items, UPS must be making a lot of money...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •