Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 226 of 228 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3418
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First-time poster, long-time visitor to the forum and site!

I ordered a Side Kick in Nebulous Grey and Northwest Sky (for EDC use as a "man bag") and an Absolute Strap on the 11th and both arrive tomorrow! The wait, as aptly described in the forum title, is real! Though the holiday shipping combining everyone's orders at once is a stressful factor, I am excited to use the SK for my needs and I look forward to pairing it with a carry-on bag (WF).

Excited to be part of an amazing community!

- Christopher

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c.pratts View Post

I ordered a Side Kick in Nebulous Grey and Northwest Sky (for EDC use as a "man bag") and an Absolute Strap on the 11th and both arrive tomorrow! The wait, as aptly described in the forum title, is real! Though the holiday shipping combining everyone's orders at once is a stressful factor, I am excited to use the SK for my needs and I look forward to pairing it with a carry-on bag (WF).

Excited to be part of an amazing community!

- Christopher

Welcome! I love nebulous gray...good choice.
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c.pratts View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @c.pratts - the Side Kick is a great bag! Be sure to post some pics of your pack out, once you settle into the SK
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made my husband carry a grey Side Kick as a man bag on one of our trips, and he loved it.

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else's order get an unexplained delay by UPS?

I ordered a medium cafe bag to try along side an icon 12/13 and on Wednesday my tracking said it would be delivered Monday. No notice on the site stating a delivery delay or anything, other than an "updated delivery window." So only one extra business day, but 3 calendar days!

The wait already feels super long shipping to the east coast, but a delay just makes it worse. I'm wondering now if it would have been worth the extra $30 to use 3-day to avoid the wait.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nolegrl; 12-22-2019 at 05:42 AM.

NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post

I ordered a medium cafe bag to try along side an icon 12/13 and on Wednesday my tracking said it would be delivered Monday. No notice on the site stating a delivery delay or anything, other than an "updated delivery window." So only one extra business day, but 3 calendar days!

The wait already feels super long shipping to the east coast, but a delay just makes it worse. I'm wondering now if it would have been worth the extra $30 to use 3-day to avoid the wait.

Yes, my last 2 shipments took 10 days instead of the usual 7. I loathe UPS.
    "Ignoring isn't the same as ignorance, you have to work at it." -- Margaret Atwood, "The Handmaid's Tale"

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. My last order from TB was delayed due to a “mechanical issue“ with UPS.

Good luck!!
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Natick, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From TB to Boston it takes a full week (business days) to get items with the regular price shipping...and this past order I believe it took 9 days due to UPS delays (probably a combo of holiday volume and recent snowstorms). It is so tough to wait!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPS regular shipping uses trains to railway hubs then their small brown trucks if you live near the hub (in a major metropolitan area).

In winter, any snow delay in the Rockies impact shipments east of those mountains, there maybe also snow storms in the northern plains and that may cause delay to people in the northern states.

Usually TB shipments go from an Oregon hub to Colorado, then Kansas, then Missouri hubs, then Memphis main hub when it is dispatched north, east and south.

In high volume delivery seasons, especially around the winter holidays, UPS shares USPS infrastructures and people to deliver to rural areas.

I believe that the 3 days maybe using trains, big brown trucks and small brown truck from TB to states west of the rockies and planes east of it. Planes are the most expensive to run, so I believe that they are mostly used for overnight shipping but because the U.S is so big, I am sure they are needed for 3 days shipping from coast to coast destinations.

Snow has the most impact on every mode of transportation, planes require lengthy deicing, so do trains, and big trucks must be fitted with chains and are delayed if a state(s) they must travel through or, are delivering to, is having road clearing "challenges."

It usually happens when states have a transportation authority where the "leadership" spends time playing "candy crush" or other computer activities, instead of making sure plows maintenance are up to date, deicing medium has been delivered and loaded in the plows, on time and, the crews that make them work are scheduled to work before a big snow storm hits the state and the region.
    Last edited by backpack; 12-22-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so helpful, backpack. I usually am not in any rush but even so, it’s useful to be able to picture the route and all the potential obstacles our shipments must take from Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    UPS regular shipping uses trains to railway hubs then their small brown trucks if you live near the hub (in a major metropolitan area).

In winter, any snow delay in the Rockies impact shipments east of those mountains, there maybe also snow storms in the northern plains and that may cause delay to people in the northern states.

Usually TB shipments go from an Oregon hub to Colorado, then Kansas, then Missouri hubs, then Memphis main hub when it is dispatched north, east and south.

In high volume delivery seasons, especially around the winter holidays, UPS shares USPS infrastructures and people to deliver to rural areas.

I believe that the 3 days maybe using trains, big brown trucks and small brown truck from TB to states west of the rockies and planes east of it. Planes are the most expensive to run, so I believe that they are mostly used for overnight shipping but because the U.S is so big, I am sure they are needed for 3 days shipping from coast to coast destinations.

Snow has the most impact on every mode of transportation, planes require lengthy deicing, so do trains, and big trucks must be fitted with chains and are delayed if a state(s) they must travel through or, are delivering to, is having road clearing "challenges."

It usually happens when states have a transportation authority where the "leadership" spends time playing "candy crush" or other computer activities, instead of making sure plows maintenance are up to date, deicing medium has been delivered and loaded in the plows, on time and, the crews that make them work are scheduled to work before a big snow storm hits the state and the region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother used to work for a courier company (that I won’t name) in Canada. He had a local truck, meaning he took packages from their sorting centre and delivered them to recipients.
    In an attempt to prevent crazy long working hours and excessive overtime, they would often load their trucks full for their route but give the drivers a time limit. Whatever isn’t delivered by 6pm gets bumped, for example. I believe they’re required to enter a reason for things not being delivered when scheduled, so they would just pick the most plausible option and use it on every box not delivered that day.
    So the package might say “out for delivery” because it was scanned onto the truck, but then suddenly say “undeliverable” or “unable to deliver due to weather” or something like that. Yes, sometimes bad driving conditions actually prevented them from delivering all the items on their truck. But sometimes they just ran out of time.

Forum Member
    Mississauga, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. For my early December Synic 22 delivery: “We’ve missed the scheduled transfer time”. This is my third consecutive delay with UPS (though not all from Tom Bihn). I wish Tom Bihn would ship via USPS to Canada for over $50.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always strange to me to see so many people talk about bad experiences with UPS, because UPS is the only carrier that consistently delivers to the right house for me, let alone follows the delivery instructions! (FedEx frequently leaves my packages three blocks away at a building with a similar address, and USPS usually ignores the delivery instructions.) I wonder how much of it comes down to UPS having a good driver on my route.

I'm sorry that not everyone has the great experiences with UPS that I do (and for that matter, I'm sorry that I don't have the great experiences with FedEx and USPS that some of you do!)

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    It's always strange to me to see so many people talk about bad experiences with UPS, because UPS is the only carrier that consistently delivers to the right house for me, let alone follows the delivery instructions! (FedEx frequently leaves my packages three blocks away at a building with a similar address, and USPS usually ignores the delivery instructions.) I wonder how much of it comes down to UPS having a good driver on my route.

I'm sorry that not everyone has the great experiences with UPS that I do (and for that matter, I'm sorry that I don't have the great experiences with FedEx and USPS that some of you do!)
    Same here. UPS always reliable, USPS definitely not so :/

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t realize that the Q-Kit was so big! Should have opted for the Mini now I have to place another order.

"Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes