I used my 3D Clear Organizer Cube to hold snacks for a day out with friends, it did double duty as temporary trashcan for the wrappers too, so it got a little dirty with crumbs, chocolate flakes and other tasty morsels and I decided to turn it inside out for quick cold shower.
I hung it up to air dry after that. Something kinda struck me after I looked at it while it was drying and I took another one out to turn inside out as well.
1. It's lined with another layer of Dyneema on the inside. (I know I know, it's clear and the lining is a different color, how did I miss that?!)
2. It seems bigger, and I think it is, since the bindings are now on the outside, not a huge increase in volume though.
3. It can stand on its own! I definitely like this!
4. I remember someone saying that he/she found the hook to be in the way, well now the hook is outside.
5. The o-rings and zipper pulls are now inside and in the way lol, but not that bad.
This is totally random, and probably doesn't do much for travel, the hook on the outside will be a hassle as it'll catch on stuff while outside for one. But if you use it for desktop organization, the self standing feature could be pretty nifty. I don't know if I'll be making extensive use of this little discovery, but it's a good thing to know that it has a different "mode" I can activate when needed.
I've read through various reviews of TB products, and of course the TB blog. Most, if not all of the reviews gushed about the workmanship of TB products while the blog gives us insight into just how much care goes into the construction of a TB product. But more often than not, it's the bigger bags that hog the limelight. I'd like to point out that equal care goes into making their smaller products too. The extra layer of Dyneema that lines the inside of the cube would probably have been left out in other cheaper similar products. Same thing goes for the binding on the inside to close off the edges as well. If they put so much effort into making a simple Cube, I'm now wondering just how much more about their other bags I am not noticing. I shall definitely look forward to discovering more!