Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    What is the music in the new video on the blog (for the DLB)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    An original compositions by Daniel L.K. Caldwell.

And the hike: somewhere in the Olympic Mountains in Washington. There's so many amazing hikes up there with those kinds of views!
    @bltkmt and others! You can check the Video Music blog entry for January 27, 2014 to find a download link of the music tracks by Daniel L.K. Caldwell for earlier Tom Bihn videos, along with a list of those videos with links. The Matterhorn image at that site is a 1024x1024 image. You can also download Tom Bihn Matterhorn logo backgrounds for your iPhone or iPad from the blog. (This hasn't been updated for the iPhone 5 screen)

HTH moriond

ETA: There are some other sources of music for the videos. For example, the Side Effect video uses music by by Serge Essiambre:

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    The music is by Serge Essiambre. The song is called "Only Human". Glad you enjoy it! SergeEssiambre.com
    Last edited by moriond; 09-04-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added reference to Serge Essiambre music

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    I do agree with @Janine. The Daylight is better suited to humid weather (I would know, I'm in Singapore where it is HOT HOT HUMID all freakin' year round). Because the back is floppy and flexible, it won't stick to your back as much. The Synapses' padding is, by contrast, a constant weight against your back, and if your bag is loaded up, there is no surer way to soak the back of your shirt! (Speaking from experience here.) Another thing is that if you're fussy about keeping your bags odour-free, I reckon the DLBP is easier to rinse the sweat and dirt from.

I don't use my DLBP much (it's good, but just doesn't fit my pattern of bag-use), but I think you'll be OK if you put something thin behind your bulky stuff to prevent them from poking you, like a spare t-shirt in an organiser pouch. Even magazines sufficed from my brief experience. I think the main focus should be on packing a balanced and tightly-packed load so that stuff doesn't roll around too much in the DLBP because that can be distracting and uncomfortable.

Straps are definitely good unless your load is on the heavy side (say, 5kg).
    I am also in Singapore. How do you get your TB's? I have about 7(?) of them so far (not counting accessories/ small sacks/bags), all shipped. It's pricy...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daylight Backpack

Quote Originally Posted by jelt2359 View Post
    I am also in Singapore. How do you get your TB's? I have about 7(?) of them so far (not counting accessories/ small sacks/bags), all shipped. It's pricy...
    Sadly, that's probably the best way to go about it. Well, I vpost stuff that I "must" buy ASAP for fear they will go out of stock, but you will need to have multiple parcels for that to be economical. (It works out for me because I eBay a lot as well from US-only merchants)
    Last edited by adalangdon; 09-05-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is kind of an old thread but I am curious about something: they mention the Dyneema version of the DLBP should probably just be used as the occasional daypack and not as an everyday bag. But in your collective Tom Bihn experience, do you think Dyneema would hold up OK for a daily work commute? I don't put my bags through much trauma, just carrying a few things like a lunch and a couple personal items to and from work. I'd also love to have the bag to fold up and stick in my S25 for trips, so it seems like Dyneema might be a little bit better for that. I'm torn!

Connecticut
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have carried a Dyneema S25 daily for a few years and it has held up just fine. It is 400d which I think the DLP is as well.
    --------------------------------

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool--good to know! Thanks bitkmt!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16