Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Auckland
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping for a navvy/uv synapse 25..or rather my daughter is. Her new to be school bag....lets hope before christmas...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Washu View Post
    No temptation for me this time - like others, I am holding out for new Little Swifts (although the Kiwi/UV combo is lovely). And while I would love another Side Effect, again I am waiting - hoping that some day there will be a burnt orange version!
    Though I am thrilled to finally see some new colors for one of my favorite TB bags, I too am still wishing and hoping and dreaming for a Burnt orange SE one day! [And does this mean that Little Swifts will be coming soon?]

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New color combos for the Side Effect!

Hopefully they add a picture of the coyote SE. I was going to order one of the Black Dyneema but saw a coyote option. May just have to get both...haha.

A coyote/Nordic would of been awesome if Nordic was still around and if they used the 400d Dyneema for the inside. Would be cool if you could custom order a SE, wouldn't mind waiting a couple extra weeks or so to get it.
    Last edited by chrisc983; 10-09-2014 at 06:55 AM.

Auckland
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    linen/nordic would have been nice too I think...

San Jose, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Whenever I'm about to give up hope on a Black/UV S25, I tell myself that one *will* come out some time because:
    - Black/Solar (not happening anymore)
    - Black/Iberian (check)
    - Black/Steel (check)
    - Black/Wasabi (check)

Black/UV's the only one left for the backpacks and SE. There *has* to be a black/UV bag emerging from that factory sometime!
    I called. From what I can understand, it's whatever fabric they have on hand, and what they feel like making. Which ever way the wind blows.... Smilie

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initially, I was deeply disappointed that there was no Burnt Orange SE: and I also couldn't warm up to the new Verde color. I couldn't see the difference between it and Olive. But then I was burrowing through the TB website, and I found a photo of the new A45 with the flap open to show the Steel Dyneema interior. I'm not sure whether it was the contrast with the Steel, or the lighting in that shot, but the color seemed a bit deeper to me in that one, and I could see what Darcy meant by it being brighter and more green than Olive.

So then I went to the wonderful color sample page, and I downloaded snapshots of Olive, Forest, and Verde—along with Burnt Orange and Aubergine, which are the colors of the bags I most want my new SE to "go with." And when I did that, I could clearly see the difference between the three shades of green—and also how beautifully Verde pairs with both BO and Aubergine.

That decided me. I'd been waiting a long while to get another Dyneema SE, so I ordered one in Black Dyneema/UV. But I couldn't resist trying out the new Verde/UV as well, so I was bad and pre-ordered both! [I almost got a Coyote/Steel as well, but decided to show a teensy bit of self-restraint.]

I've been up in the Smokies this week, and I think the Verde will remind me of autumn in the mountains when paired with my Burnt Orange Daylight. (Shown here on the North Carolina side of the Newfound Gap in the national park, with the Tennessee side visible in the background.)

New color combos for the Side Effect!-daylightnewfoundgap-jpg

I love love love my Side Effects: it's like the old Lay's potato chip commercial said, "You can never eat just one."

~Nancy

PS But if you ever decide to make a Burnt Orange SE, Darcy, could I get on some waiting list for instant notification? Embarrassment

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Nancy. I was instantly attracted to Verde and would love to have something in it. I just can't get on board with the ballistic SEs though. I love Dyneema for it's flexibility in the SE--the ballistic nylon just seems too stiff for me. I have a Steel/UV one that I only kept to use for my 10 essentials kit--it's great for that purpose. I am super excited to get one in black dyneema/UV. I have one in steel dyneema right now, but it never looks as gorgeous as my black dyneema bags. If there are steel lovers out there, keep an eye out for it for trading once I get my new one.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mreh View Post
    I am crying tears of joy. I had pestered poor Hannah via email about Dyneema Side Effect and I am beside myself with joy seeing that there are some up for pre-order! But now the problem is... Which one do I get!?! Black Dyneema with Iberian, UV, or Wasabi are all very beautiful, and I'm almost tempted to get all three (my wallet would not be happy with that decision).
    I'm glad you finally are going to grab that SE you were looking for! (I'm personally into Black Dy/UV, if you need a vote to sway you...)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nancy,

I just placed an order for a Burnt Orange DLBP and it is completely your fault. I was so proud of myself for holding out, even after seeing a lovely picture of a DLBP with coyote Q-kit that looks positively like the essence of autumn. But your picture did me in....lost cause.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpinter View Post
    Nancy,

I just placed an order for a Burnt Orange DLBP and it is completely your fault. I was so proud of myself for holding out, even after seeing a lovely picture of a DLBP with coyote Q-kit that looks positively like the essence of autumn. But your picture did me in....lost cause.
    Ooh, at long last I'm going to get some major enabler points! [She said, chortling with glee.] I think you are going to love your new Burnt Orange Daylight; the color is even more satisfying in person than it is in a photo.

Enjoy!

~Nancy

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Nancy. I was instantly attracted to Verde and would love to have something in it. I just can't get on board with the ballistic SEs though. I love Dyneema for it's flexibility in the SE--the ballistic nylon just seems too stiff for me. ...
    @Pokilani, I know what you mean about ballistic being stiffer. I have a gorgeous Aubergine SE that I never carried because of that stiffness. But recently I decided that I shouldn’t let that stop me, so for the past few weeks I’ve made myself carry the ballistic Aubergine, even though at first it was tough to fit all my usual stuff inside.

In playing around with it, however, I discovered that the problem may lie with the corner seams at the top of the bag. After being in storage over the summer, when I first took my Aubergine SE out, those seams on the top edge kept wanting to pull in, which effectively reduced the carrying capacity of the bag to a marked degree. But when I pushed those seams out with my fingers, the bag almost magically seemed to hold as much as my Black Dyneema. Unfortunately, the moment I stopped pushing out on the ballistic seams with my fingers, they would immediately suck back in [if that makes any sense.]

So I’ve made it my mission to deliberately over-stuff the Aubergine SE, in an attempt to “teach” those seams to stay fully expanded. Ballistic has such good memory as a fabric, however, that it’s taking a while for this training to take. But I do think the bag has loosened up a bit.

Maybe this would help you as well.

~Nancy

Downeast Maine
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just snagged a black dyneema/uv Side Effect. I'm a very happy camper. Thanks for the reminder to check out the page.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Cambridge, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yup, but I'm waiting for new Little Swift color options. Many of the Swift color options were previously popular combinations, but you may notice they've added Black/Steel (for those who don't like UV)
    Me too! Please please PLEASE can we have a Steel/UV Little Swift? Huh? Huh?
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19
    Leisure: SCBs, FJN, Swift, lots of YSSs
    Travel: WF + Pilot or SA, with SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: A new dyneema colour for YSSs; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

NY Finger Lakes
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Me too! Please please PLEASE can we have a Steel/UV Little Swift? Huh? Huh?
    Oh yes, that would be wonderful!! I would definitely buy one and they would make wonderful neutral Christmas presents for folks on my list! Any chance, Darcy?
    Last edited by celtical; 10-10-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by celtical View Post
    Oh yes, that would be wonderful!! I would definitely buy one and they would make wonderful neutral Christmas presents for folks on my list! Any chance, Darcy?
    Adding my voice to the chorus for Steel (UV or Steel interior) or anything remotely work-appropriate, for that matter!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast