Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

San Jose, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought on the TB website -Search by Color

I think it would be a great feature to be able to search by color. For example if I wanted to know all the products that are avail (or coming soon) in French Blue, I could do a search and all the items in that colour would show up. I'm as motivated by colour as I am about functionality. If I saw that a certain item, lets say a pouch, was available in my favourite colour I might buy it solely for the color. Even if I didn't need a pouch.

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My want of all things matchy say YES! My wallet and lack if self control says NO!

Lexington KY USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES! I would love this feature. Heck, I'd code this feature into the website for free for them, I want it so much. *sigh*
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh! This would be very cool. It's sadly a bit complicated to make real, though: we first brought this up to our web gurus a couple of years ago and they gave us the less than great news that there's no reasonable way to make this happen with our shopping cart. It might be a feature added in a future release of our shopping cart, though, or maybe this functionality will be created as third-party development. We'll keep hoping (and checking!)
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Ahh! This would be very cool. It's sadly a bit complicated to make real, though: we first brought this up to our web gurus a couple of years ago and they gave us the less than great news that there's no reasonable way to make this happen with our shopping cart. It might be a feature added in a future release of our shopping cart, though, or maybe this functionality will be created as third-party development. We'll keep hoping (and checking!)
    Darcy, it might be possible to do a partial implementation of this feature, depending on the way you set the color code updates for the product pages. That would only flag exterior colors for the product listing, but it might still be useful. (I've been a bit puzzled lately about some of the color swatches that got turned on, when these are supposed to be for Dyneema, though.) Of course, what this doesn't alert people to is how rapidly a color combination option can go into back order, or sell out entirely. I'm thinking of cases like the first Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 option -- which wasn't even up for a week before it disappeared (think it was just over 5 days, maybe 5.5), or the disappearance of the first Black Dyneema/UV Western Flyer option between the Friday when it showed up, and how it sold out over the weekend before you could even list it under the blog post on Monday. (It did show up as available for back order a few days later.)

BTW, I noticed yesterday that you've started reorganizing some of the web pages to have a Briefcases/Messenger category.

moriond

The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Darcy, it might be possible to do a partial implementation of this feature, depending on the way you set the color code updates for the product pages. That would only flag exterior colors for the product listing, but it might still be useful.
    Hmm, I'll think about that a bit more. There might be a way.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond
    (I've been a bit puzzled lately about some of the color swatches that got turned on, when these are supposed to be for Dyneema, though.)
    I'm confused, but it is 4:51 and so far I have only had a Larabar (raided the photo shoot stash) to power me through the day, so that probably doesn't help. Tell me more about that. Did we turn some of the incorrect swatches on?

BTW, I noticed yesterday that you've started reorganizing some of the web pages to have a Briefcases/Messenger category.
    Always tinkering!

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    (I've been a bit puzzled lately about some of the color swatches that got turned on, when these are supposed to be for Dyneema, though.)
    I'm confused, but it is 4:51 and so far I have only had a Larabar (raided the photo shoot stash) to power me through the day, so that probably doesn't help. Tell me more about that. Did we turn some of the incorrect swatches on?
    Try going to the Accessories and look at the color swatches under the Yarn Stuff Sacks, Shop Bags, and Travel Trays, for example. Black Dyneema, Wasabi, and Ultraviolet appear to be solid colors in some instances. I'm not talking about cases where products have sold out, or the colors have not been updated (e.g. Smart Alec Modular Pockets & Straps shows Aubergine (for UMP and LMP), but not Navy (for LMP), or Black Dyneema (for UMP), since those multiple entry cases are difficult to get right. Just puzzled about some of the solid color swatches showing up for Dyneema fabrics. Also, Smart Alec should have both Black for Dyneema and for Ballistic Nylon, I think.

HTH moriond (Go get something to eat and take care of yourself!)
    Last edited by moriond; 10-15-2014 at 05:28 PM.

The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Try going to the Accessories and look at the color swatches under the Yarn Stuff Sacks, Shop Bags, and Travel Trays, for example. Black Dyneema, Wasabi, and Ultraviolet appear to be solid colors in some instances. I'm not talking about cases where products have sold out, or the colors have not been updated (e.g. Smart Alec Modular Pockets & Straps shows Aubergine (for UMP and LMP), but not Navy (for LMP), or Black Dyneema (for UMP), since those multiple entry cases are difficult to get right. Just puzzled about some of the solid color swatches showing up for Dyneema fabrics. Also, Smart Alec should have both Black for Dyneema and for Ballistic Nylon, I think.

HTH moriond (Go get something to eat and take care of yourself!)
    Ahhh! Thanks for pointing this out, we'll fix these.

Went home and made pasta with some last-of-the-season oven dried tomatoes. Yum! Do we have a recipe thread here yet?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahhh! Thanks for pointing this out, we'll fix these.

Went home and made pasta with some last-of-the-season oven dried tomatoes. Yum! Do we have a recipe thread here yet?
    We do now, @Badger has just started the Recipe thread, and there are other posts. Thanks for the fixes.

ETA: Aargh! You mean I have to wait to take pictures of the food I prepare before I can post to the recipe thread? @Badger and @Pokilani are setting high standards.
    Last edited by moriond; 10-16-2014 at 12:22 PM.