Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I miss Parapack

California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this thread to also voice my great love for and missing of Parapack! Was an announcement made or explanation provided for the disappearance of Parapack option for the Synapses and Cafe Bags? Is it due a lack of supply or is the fabric being phased out (I hope not!)?
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Bumping this thread to also voice my great love for and missing of Parapack! Was an announcement made or explanation provided for the disappearance of Parapack option for the Synapses and Cafe Bags? Is it due a lack of supply or is the fabric being phased out (I hope not!)?
    I've got the same question! I don't recall seeing an announcement.

I have one bag in parapack - a steel/iberian MCB which I now use as my EDC. But on a total whim I decided to email CS yesterday to see if they happened to have any parapack cafe bags of any sort. Hannah made my day when she notified me that there was ONE parapack LCB left in olive/olive(!) and the bag shipped today!

I still really hope to see the return of parapack as an exterior fabric. I just NEED a parapack SCB to round out my cafe bag collection Smilie
    kindness is contagious.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudajes View Post
    There was some discussion under the Now available/Back in stock thread that certain bags wouldn't be made in parapack again, but I don't know if it's a supply thing or a demand thing. Since one of those bags was the Swift, the thread prompted me to bite the bullet on an olive/UV Swift and I couldn't be happier with it. It's sitting right behind me as I type Smilie

Forum Member
    Bellingham
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudajes View Post

I have one bag in parapack - a steel/iberian MCB which I now use as my EDC. But on a total whim I decided to email CS yesterday to see if they happened to have any parapack cafe bags of any sort. Hannah made my day when she notified me that there was ONE parapack LCB left in olive/olive(!) and the bag shipped today!

I still really hope to see the return of parapack as an exterior fabric. I just NEED a parapack SCB to round out my cafe bag collection Smilie
    Congrats, Bermudajes; I sent a reply to an email question about the olive parapack LCB and found out someone had just bought it. I'm sad, but happy it made your day. I've added onto the 2015 wish list a desire for small and medium cafe bags in parapack. I hope others join me and they consider it!

Matthew told me that the parapack is used for the guide's pack and founder's briefcases, so I believe they're still getting the fabric. I love the navy and olive!

California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwright17 View Post
    I've added onto the 2015 wish list a desire for small and medium cafe bags in parapack. I hope others join me and they consider it!
    Yes! And Parapack SEs also, please.
    -- David Whyte

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would LOVE a parapack SE. I only have a couple of organizer cubes in parapack and I love them.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwright17 View Post
    Congrats, Bermudajes; I sent a reply to an email question about the olive parapack LCB and found out someone had just bought it. I'm sad, but happy it made your day. I've added onto the 2015 wish list a desire for small and medium cafe bags in parapack. I hope others join me and they consider it!

Matthew told me that the parapack is used for the guide's pack and founder's briefcases, so I believe they're still getting the fabric. I love the navy and olive!
    If for whatever reason the LCB doesn't work out for me, I'll definitely let you know.
    kindness is contagious.

California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I would LOVE a parapack SE. I only have a couple of organizer cubes in parapack and I love them.
    I dithered when the SE was available in Black Parapack because I already had one in Black Ballistic. Now I really regret not getting the Parapack also for its lightness and bend-ability. I have a Navy/Solar Parapack SE that I can squeeze into many bags that the Ballistic one has more difficulty fitting in.
    -- David Whyte

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Bumping this thread to also voice my great love for and missing of Parapack!
    Another parapack lover chiming in. I like ballistic, too, but I'm not all that inspired by the Great Cordura Invasion.

When I 'discover' something I'm usually late to the party and the most appealing items have already trundled off into the sunset. I'm so pleased that I found Tom Bihn bags and got my olive parapack MCB before they disappeared! (I did also get a Pilot in the now-discontinued Forest, so maybe my luck is changing.)

If there were any olive parapack Synapses I'd be all over them.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have y'all seen the blog post about parapack? It makes it sound even more desirable. Except, maybe, on the color option front. I don't see parapack ever coming in the fun brights that are possible in Cordura.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binje View Post
    Have y'all seen the blog post about parapack? It makes it sound even more desirable.
    Ah, swell. So I did miss a Parapack Synapse after all. I'll keep an eye peeled for something on Ebay.

New TV show in development for bag lovers: The Walking Discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by binje View Post
    Except, maybe, on the color option front. I don't see parapack ever coming in the fun brights that are possible in Cordura.
    When I googled Parapack I saw comments from parachutists saying that while it looked great at the get-go, Cordura kept its looks for much longer. However, I'm not in the habit of dropping my bags from a great height and then possibly rolling around on them. :-)

Illinois
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone is selling MCB in Steel Parapack. I'm a sucker for gray and Steel looks like a nice color. But Parapack was discontinued long before I learned about TB bags. I would love if someone could show/tell me how parapack looks and feels compared to the 525 ballistic. My only MCB is halcyon and I don't care for how "slouchy" it is. I prefer the structure that my ballistic SCB has, but there are times I need to carry more.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've talked about my love for parapack before, I also wish it was available again as an exterior in bags other than just the Guide's Pack(which I already own!). As for as how it feels compared to Halcyon/Dyneema....I would say it's a bit smoother, feels more premium, and has a beautiful shimmer depending on light. I dig it.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I've talked about my love for parapack before, I also wish it was available again as an exterior in bags other than just the Guide's Pack(which I already own!). As for as how it feels compared to Halcyon/Dyneema....I would say it's a bit smoother, feels more premium, and has a beautiful shimmer depending on light. I dig it.
    I have thought that a DLBP in Parapack would be excellent!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The resurrection of this thread has come at a good time for me, as I just bought a second hand parapack S19 (arriving soon!). I love the lighter weight of Halcyon so I am really excited for a Navy pack that is similarly light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast