Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Wish List

Forum Member
    Chula Vista, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back parapack. Navy/Solar was my favorite.

Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
    I second this request...adding Olive/UV as my favorite. 2015 Wish List

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After spending the past few weeks in search of a small, day-pack-sized backpack that is durable, comfortable, and well-made which I can convert into a camera backpack, I now say: I'd love a Synapse 14 (or 13 or 15.) My Synapse 19 is just a bit larger than I'd like to use for this (plus it's my EDC so I can't leave it camera-packed all the time) but even my other/former favorite bag company doesn't make one like this. A slightly smaller Synapse would be just freaking perfect - comfortable, well-made, heavy-duty. . . . the Packing Cube and Daylight backpacks aren't wide enough to hold my dSLR kit.

And also an official Wish List for a Mini Cafe Bag. For when the Small Cafe Bag is too large.
    Rambling On. . . . .

San Pedro, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
    YESSSS! I love my Navy/Solar A45 (not in parapack though) and I wanted my NFTD to be Navy/Solar, but had to settle for Navy/Wasabi. If Navy/Solar came back, I'd convert all my bags to that scheme.

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With so many carriers these days limiting carryons to 7 or 8 kg, the weight of a bag is a really big factor. My wish is for a TB Daylight carryon: a minimalist, ultra-lightweight bag designed to comfortably carry the essentials.

Atlanta, GA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please bring back the Ruc Sack! With all the airline size/weight restrictions, it seems like it would make a perfect personal item.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by al85 View Post
    @shinyacorn If not a SCB, what about something with a little less interior organization like the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. It's the same orientation as your SE, but smaller than an SCB (I think, I can compare the two when I get home today if you'd like.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the PCSB is interesting, but it doesn't have any o-rings does it? If it did I would try it out.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I have been wishing for and requesting over the years is an an all dyneema Synapse 19.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    With so many carriers these days limiting carryons to 7 or 8 kg, the weight of a bag is a really big factor. My wish is for a TB Daylight carryon: a minimalist, ultra-lightweight bag designed to comfortably carry the essentials.
    What an interesting idea. What size would such a bag be -- are you thinking of 20 liters or so? A backpack or a shoulder bag?
    I like the Smart Alec for its relatively light weight to volume ratio, but even in dyneema the weight is not insignificant.

On the other hand, the Daylight series works well because they are slim bags and can be organized to keep their shape. I wonder if a larger bag or backpack would end up getting unwieldy to carry if it did not have enough internal structure. I have a super-lightweight duffel -- not Tom Bihn -- that I have considered using a few times in situations where I was worried about my bag being weighed. However, I usually decide that I prefer the ease of carrying bags like the Smart Alec or Aeronaut, which I assume hold their shape well because of their extra linings, pockets and internal dividers.

Fortunately, I have never had a bag of mine weighed, even on my recent Brazil flight which stated a 5kg carry-on limit that had me worried. My choices might be different if I was regularly flying airlines where that seems to be more common.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

The Earth, we share.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    I am looking forward for a Grey Daylight Carry-On with about 35-40 Liters.
    Perhaps further up the discussion, what not this Daylight Carry-On is intended to be Modular. In a sense, if user would like further enhance the experience/features of the Bag, user have the chance to purchase Guide's Pack de-attachdable frame to create a hiking/backpacking-capable Daylight Carry-On in a Clamshell Opening format, not Top-Loading. Or even, purchase Brain Bag's Padded Hip Belt. Just my (weird) thought. I'd been dying to see a Clamshell-Opening Carry-on, with de-attachable padded Hip Belt by Tom Bihn.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 08-22-2015 at 07:03 PM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the mid-90s I moved to Hungary and acquired essentially the perfect lightweight travel bag. It is the maximum carry-on dimensions, lightly padded back, padded shoulder straps and hip belt, top and side handles, and two external compression straps. The hip belt and shoulder straps tuck away inside the back panel. Inside is just one big open compartment. You just load your bag appropriately and cinch--so it works whether you've got bulky light stuff or heavy compact stuff, or a 7 kg limit or a 10 kg limit or whatever. I'd love to see a TB-ized version of that: something in cordura or Dyneema, with o-rings inside and a couple of zippered mesh pockets

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    What an interesting idea. What size would such a bag be -- are you thinking of 20 liters or so? A backpack or a shoulder bag?
    This makes me think how much I would still love to see a large Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. 20 liters worth of Dyneema goodness. It would essentially be a bigger sibling to the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag but the size of the Packing Cube Backpack. Just imagine! You could clip the strap off. Pack everything in it, then slide it in and out of the main section of the Western Flyer or Tri-Star. On the way out, it's just a packing cube. On the way home, you pull it out of your TS/WF and turn it into its own personal carryon to stuff with your souvenirs or dirty clothes.

I could even see a convertible Packing Cube Backpack/Shoulder Bag ("Packing Cube Shoulder Pack"?). Essentially all the straps clip off, so you can use it as a large shoulder bag, backpack, or packing cube.

Hehehe.

One can hope!

...speaking of hope, I'm still hoping to see a PCSB and PCSP in Zest. Pweeeease!!

North of the TB Mothership
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soooo - is it looking likely that the Cross Body Knitter will come out this year? Appreciate y'all perfecting it, just budgeting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having used the Ruck's Sac for the past 5 days, I find myself wishing for a bag with a similar concept, i.e. a boxy, bin-like bag that's really easy to pack items of all shapes into. Kind of like a S19-sized SA, only without any in-set pockets/compartments to detract from the storage capacity of any of the compartments.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 08-25-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Italy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I was preparing my gym bag and I was like "It would be so nice to have a sort of Size 5 Travel Stuff Sack for shoes". Big Grin

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast