Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently I needed a place for my glases while I sorted out my unruly hair and Ceepee took a picture:

Ilkyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to turn one of my pouches into an undercover hidden pocket. I have been wearing this for over a week in Europe and it worked great. I used a 1 inch width strap and a mini pouch, as I wanted this mainly as "deep storage" for cash and a credit card or two (no passport). I used super strong upholstery sewing thread to attach the strap to the pouch.

At first I was not sure about comfort, but I was surprised how little I even noticed wearing it. The Halcyon is a nice soft fabric and also more moisture resistant than cotton. The strap went on my belt and the pouch was inside my jeans under my front pocket. I was not too happy about the split ring as closure, while it was secure it also was a pain to open and close. However, this was deep storage and I did not have to access it too often. Do not use this a wallet replacement! Smilie

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-dscf6166_res2-jpg
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses

I always found the Apple Pencil too long to fit nicely in the pen slot of my Synapse 19. Then, I had a lightbulb moment.....

Inserting it down through the webbing loop of the O-ring stops the top leaning out into the pocket Smilie

Northeast US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one's a bit silly, but when you find yourself at your parents' house to help your mother through chemo treatments and you didn't bring a small bag with you, you improvise.

Here's my medium Yarn Stuff Sack acting as a purse-like object, holding my phone, wallet, keys, and tissues. Hooking the string through the outer hook creates the perfect handle.

blackbird

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    This one's a bit silly, but when you find yourself at your parents' house to help your mother through chemo treatments and you didn't bring a small bag with you, you improvise.

Here's my medium Yarn Stuff Sack acting as a purse-like object, holding my phone, wallet, keys, and tissues. Hooking the string through the outer hook creates the perfect handle.

blackbird

Nice hack! I'm thinking of you and your mother. I hope all goes well and your mom is restored to full health.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has this been shown before? I like to keep my car fob in the mesh pockets of my Freudian Slip, but I’m worried it might fall out. So I ran a split ring around the elastic at the top of the pocket - instant o-ring!

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really obvious and has probably been posted before, but I use some paracord with a cord stopper to keep my water bottle upright and secured in a mostly empty DLBP.

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-img_20171213_210950092-jpg

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-img_20171213_210859384-jpg

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ That was not obvious to me, but ingenious! Thanks! I just hacked my Pop Tote with this for the times when I don't want my water bottle on the outside or can't fit it because I have too many other things in the outside pockets.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    This is really obvious and has probably been posted before, but I use some paracord with a cord stopper to keep my water bottle upright and secured in a mostly empty DLBP.

That works well with an umbrella too.

Forum Member
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a DLBP and my water bottle was my only real concern, awesome idea!!!

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johntubbs View Post
    That works well with an umbrella too.
    My umbrella usually just lies on the bottom of the backpack when it's mostly empty (fits next to the water bottle) or is upright between other stuff when the bag is full. But it's true, this could be used for an umbrella too.Smilie

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    OK, I made a half-joking comment in the Azure thread but now it's kind of got me thinking - has anyone hacked their Field Journal notebook to hold an iPad Mini or e-Ink Kindle? It seems like it would be about the right size to make an all-in-one holder for mini device, mobile phone, and wallet as sort of an on-the-go reading/surfing kit to take to coffee shops or on airplanes, etc.
    You can fit an iPad Mini with a keyboard case or a Nook tablet in a Medium Padded Pouch inside the FJN, even with the rings, provided you use only a handful of paper in the rings.

Securing either is the problem, a Pouch can be clipped to the o-ring but I don't find it ideal.

If I need a bag to carry either a Small Cafe Bag or a Side Kick would be better.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This forum is awesome, amazing, and addictive. Smilie Keep'm coming!
    " The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. "

--Dr Seuss

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this solves problems I didn't know I had

This is genius! This whole thread blows my mind. I thought I was just ordering an Aeronaut 30 (for my 18 year old son to take to Japan for 10 days) and I would have to pick a color. I go to order it and I see I have to decide about packing cubes. All I wanted was for someone to tell me what would be the best packing cube arrangement and now I see I am going to have to order one to two of every little part and string and clip and strap and cube XD From bags that aren't even the one i'm going to buy! This is crazy and wonderful -- thank you all!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of genius ideas in this thread! But do you still need help with which packing cubes to order for the A30? If so, feel free to start a new thread -- perhaps in the Accessories and Organization Strategies category -- and people will help you out.
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by Emmadog View Post
    This is genius! This whole thread blows my mind. I thought I was just ordering an Aeronaut 30 (for my 18 year old son to take to Japan for 10 days) and I would have to pick a color. I go to order it and I see I have to decide about packing cubes. All I wanted was for someone to tell me what would be the best packing cube arrangement and now I see I am going to have to order one to two of every little part and string and clip and strap and cube XD From bags that aren't even the one i'm going to buy! This is crazy and wonderful -- thank you all!
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast