Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-2ea499d8-47d6-4fac-827d-f333c950e3a0-jpegShare Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-9e4883d3-5f69-4f56-b049-81cdbaca2584-jpeg

I added a tether ring to Nikís wallet number 5. Love this wallet so far! Awesome design!!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    And the HLT 2 hangs nicely at the top of the S25:
    The bulk of diamond stopper knot seems to be plenty to keep it from slipping out - Iíve been using this for a week and itís been very secure.
    terayon, you have a nice, clean solution. It reminded me of both a "soft shackle" and "nacrabiner" that I've run across on Hammockforums. The big knot is the difficult part; these two "soft carabiners" make use of a hollow rope and a way to thread the rope through itself to do something similar.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy and convenient way to carry a camera. My apologies if someone else posted something like this before....not really any different than many other ideas in this board.

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-4356bc93-15ef-456e-894a-6f2032aa46d0-jpeg

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIMT View Post
    Easy and convenient way to carry a camera. My apologies if someone else posted something like this before....not really any different than many other ideas in this board.
    Are you able to use the viewfinder, or would you need to untether the camera for that? The straps seem a bit short to keep them attached.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am able to use the viewfinder.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is amazing! Thanks for sharing. I just tried it and it worked great!

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I adapted an idea I read about on here (although now I can't find it, or else I'd give credit--sorry!) where you use a gatekeeper clip to attach a Side Effect to the waist belt attachment on a backpack and then hook the waist strap to the other side of the SE, giving you an easily accessible place for your phone/wallet/etc without removing the bag.

In theory it sounded great but in reality it didn't work for me--the SE ended up under my arm where I couldn't see the contents, and I was worried about putting stress on the bag or contents since the waist strap is weight-bearing.

I had an aha moment, however, when I realized I could use 2 gatekeeper clips to attach the SE to any part of the waist strap, thus letting me slide the SE around as needed and minimizing stress on the bag.

See this album for pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/9z69eCy

First picture is of the bag in front, second is with it slid off to the side. I used 1" clips on a 1.5" strap in this photo, so I did have to fold the strap over; however, it doesn't seem to really hurt anything to do so (and of course it's avoidable with a different size clip or strap).

Requirements:

--$1-$2 gatekeeper clips of your choice
    --A healthy dose of "I don't care how it looks, I just want it to work" (as admittedly it's not the most fashionable hack around!)

Works great to fix the one annoyance I have with backpacks--having to take the whole thing off to get to frequently-used items. (I tried attachments that go on the backpack straps, but they're super bulky/clunky and get in the way a lot more.)
    Last edited by Surrealle; 06-16-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15