Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamiltee View Post
    Has anyone tried this with the triangular clips? How well does that work?
    Not great. The clips are a bit too close together. The double carabiners are not bad, though; they're longer than the triangular clips so they can splay out to reach the o-rings on the organizer cube better.

Another good option that I saw in a post somewhere is to thread a handle loop through the rail loops so that the key clip is outside the loops on one end to be clipped to one side of the org cube, and a carabiner is clipped to the handle loop outside the rail loop on the other side and then to the other side of the org cube. I don't think words really do this idea justice; I'll see if I can dig up the thread with the picture. The beauty of this is that you just undo the carabiner for the handle loop and pull the handle loop through, and the org cube is free and clear in about one second flat.

cave of caerbannog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No NEVER - that's why Walkman were invented. If someone wants to hear your music or you want to share, carry a headphone splitter.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
    be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Boulder, Colorado
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too out-there, and I'm sure not original, but for quite some time I've been using an ultraviolet 3D organizer cube with a 16" ultraviolet keystrap as my purse. It's just the right size to carry by hand, over the arm, or tucked up under the arm with the strap over the shoulder.
    Does it come in purple? Rainbow

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a twist on some ideas I found on the forum: many have attached pouches in a Synapse 25. The idea using 1" Triangle Metal Hook was from Scribe I think. Ceepee added to that in cutting in the outer bar of the 1" Triangle Metal Hook to slide it into the web-loop of the Synapse Rail-System. When I was playing around with the Upper Modular Pocket from the Smart Alec I found, that the shape of it would be ideal for the S25.
    So I took an other thingy from the part-list, but I can not recall which one this was because there are a few sounding nearly similar. Than I cut it like Ceepee suggested and slit one in each rail-loop an the front panel of my S25. Now I can attach and detach the Upper Modular Pocket as I pleas. I find this works best since I have the Freudian Slip for the S25 before that the Backpack tended to sack if I had too much weight in that Upper Modular Pocket.

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-img_0365-jpg

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-img_0366-jpg

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-img_0369-jpg

There is something in the Part-list that has two of these clips with a bit of webbing in the middle. This would work without having to cut the part, but for my taste the UMP comes down too far that way.

Ilkyway

PS: By the way: you do not need that extra clip from the Parts when you did not cut off the attachment-clips from your UMP first (which is most like the case I think). I just did that so that I could use that UMP as a purse too. Now I can just detach it, clip on a Shoulder-strap and have a purse to go. But that idea is linked somewhere above already.
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a hack as such, more an observation. The blurb for the Night Flight Travel Duffle states:
    "Use two (packing cubes) to fill the main compartment......two cubes will stack best if they are turned 90 degrees to each other".
    However, if you stand them on end, as in the end compartments, you can actually fit 3. Apart from making the open-topped pockets a little tighter to access, the end compartments are not encroached upon (assuming you don't stuff the packing cubes to bursting that is Smilie).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ceepee; 01-20-2015 at 06:05 AM.

Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done this, but I read someone else's tip for the Synapse:

Put your portable charger at the bottom of the middle water bottle pocket, and put your phone in a side pocket. Run a short cable from the charger to the phone via the small hole at the bottom of the water bottle pocket. It'll allow you to charge up your phone in your bag, while keeping things neatly in place.

GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nano Travel/EDC Tray

Objective:

Make a EDC/Travel Tray that may fit in on SE internal pockets, 3DOC or even in your pants pockets.

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-1-min-jpg

Ingredients:

1. Size 1 Travel Stuff Sack (Extra Small) - color of choice $16.00
    2. Nano Coyote Organizer Pouch $7.00
    3. Double Carabiner $1.00

Total Cost = $24.00
    Level of skill required = minimum
    Time necessary = less then one minute

Directions:

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-2-min-jpg

1. Fold the Stuff Sack as shown

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-3-min-jpg

2. Place Organizer Pouch in the bottom of Sack

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-4-min-jpg

3. Attach Double Carabiner as shown

Uses:

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-5-min-jpg

1. Pen Holder while working on a Coffee Shop (Tip: You may place your wrist watch inside for additional stability)

Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses-6-min-jpg

2. Catch all before shower at Gym or Hostel (glasses, rings, wrist watch, etc.)

3. Minimalistic catch all for the hotel night stand

4. To add organization to your backpack

Final note:

May be done also using a Size 2 Travel Sack and a Micro Coyote Organizer Pouch!

Credits:

This hack was inspired by Moriond´s post
    Last edited by eWalker; 01-21-2015 at 11:05 AM.
    So much to catch up! Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Objective:

Make a EDC/Travel Tray that may fit in on SE internal pockets, 3DOC or even in your pants pockets.
    Genius! But how do you use the Double Carabiner; is that to attach to an o-ring inside a larger bag?

GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Genius! But how do you use the Double Carabiner; is that to attach to an o-ring inside a larger bag?
    Exactly! The YSS may have the snaphook but they are too fat... this option is much thinner and therefore better to handle the small items.Smilie
    Last edited by eWalker; 01-21-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    So much to catch up! Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an upcoming airplane trip. At my destination, I'll be using my small shop bag most of all, but I hate to use that as my personal item because its just so open. I was going to bring my PU instead, just because it zips up, but it'll be overkill for the rest of the trip and I wouldn't be using it. Seems silly to bring 2 bags, particular since I'm also bringing a 3rd bag (small sling bag) that I'll be using as my purse at my destination.

So my bag hack is this: using two #1 Nite-Ize carabiners. Hook one end of the carabiner to the O-ring and the other end to the strap on the opposite side. Its not secure, secure, but I'll have everything important tethered inside anyways. It just keeps the bag from flopping open and things casually falling out without my noticing. I'm hoping anyways.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best hack ever... add a pouch to the top of your Synapse 19 or 25:
    http://forums.tombihn.com/general-ba...html#post64223

Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Bag Hacks can be defined as clever ways to use various TOM BIHN bags and accessories with each other to achieve a new utility.
    Frown

All my Brain Bag hacks consist of attaching non-Bihn stuff to it.
    Blue Parapack Brain Bag with Brain Cell

Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ever feel like turning your MCB into a backpack for some reason, you can do it with Gate Keeper clips. Big Grin

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ms. Ferret you might have just revolutionized the way I use the Cafe Bags. On long walks sometimes my shoulders get sore and this will help tremendously with that.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Downeast Maine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ms. Ferret, more detail please. This is brilliant! I must do this.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast