Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Morgantown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The struggle is real.

Having talked myself out of a CP and finally settling on a PU when I ordered earlier this week, I thought I was feeling solid about things. Then, lo and behold, here comes a Black Dyneema/Iberian CP in the restock list. Now, granted, I don't like Iberian as much as I like the others. But, that darn CP is just so cute. And I've even convinced myself that that fact a folder does not fit is a secondary concern. After all, there is the back pocket I might be able to make work when needing to carry documents.
    I was so torn between BO and Aubergine, but after reading all the reviews I could find thought: When a Dyneema pops up, I'll scoop it up. I liked the idea of it being less weighty but also less rigid. So I ordered the PU and decided to wait it out.
    My dilemma, that I posted in another thread, is that:
    1. The color combo is not perfect for me...right now. I could fall in love with the Iberian.
    2. I have a PU on the way. Is having a CP redundent?
    3. If I wait to order until I get to try out my PU on Tuesday, do I run the risk of the CP being out of stock again?
    4. If I order the CP today, what if I fall in love with both that and the PU? I don't need both!
    5. If I wait to test the PU, then it would set my order back while I have to wait until the PU is returbed before ordering the CP (I bought that with a gc).
    6. Do I simply order the CP now, and if I find I don't care for the PU I just use the exchange for even more bags??

Anyway, what are some of the struggles the rest of you have gone through in choosing what to get? What is the worst order-return-reorder situation anyone put the poor Tom Bihn staff through?

PS feel free to say, as my husband often does, that I'm over-thinking this. Lol

Michigan, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jennygoat View Post
    1. The color combo is not perfect for me...right now. I could fall in love with the Iberian.
    2. I have a PU on the way. Is having a CP redundent?
    3. If I wait to order until I get to try out my PU on Tuesday, do I run the risk of the CP being out of stock again?
    4. If I order the CP today, what if I fall in love with both that and the PU? I don't need both!
    5. If I wait to test the PU, then it would set my order back while I have to wait until the PU is returbed before ordering the CP (I bought that with a gc).
    6. Do I simply order the CP now, and if I find I don't care for the PU I just use the exchange for even more bags??

Anyway, what are some of the struggles the rest of you have gone through in choosing what to get? What is the worst order-return-reorder situation anyone put the poor Tom Bihn staff through?

PS feel free to say, as my husband often does, that I'm over-thinking this. Lol
    I can't tell you that you're overthinking, because that would mean I overthink all of my TB purchases, too!

1. Don't count on it. I got a MCB in steel parapack/iberian because I REALLY REALLY NEEDED a parapack MCB and that's all that was left. Six months later, the interior of my MCB kind of bores me. It's still a great bag, but I can imagine I'd love it more if I loved the interior.
    2. For me, having both the PU and CP would be redundant. Really think this depends on the individual, though. I can't justify owning multiple bags that do basically the same job. I find that once I move on from one bag, I never go back and end up destashing the older bag (TB or otherwise).
    4. This happened to me with the NFTD and A30. Not that these bags are so similar in function, but that my wallet wouldn't allow me to have both. Ultimately, the A30 stuck and the NFTD went back because I felt the A30 was more versatile for my needs. You might love both, but I bet you'd have a preference for one over the other.
    5. If you wait, test the PU, and find you want to return it, I bet the TB crew would hold the CP for you while your return was in process. Just a hunch. They tend to be helpful like that Smilie
    kindness is contagious.