Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of selling Empire Builder and getting a Brain Bag... Am I crazy?

So I've been using the Empire Builder for a few months. Very limited use at that. I've found that I'm just not a briefcase kinda guy. I carry all sorts of crap everyday so I like organization (I love the Empire Builder for that). Which of the amazing TB backpacks would I enjoy the most? Brain Bag? Smart Alec? Synapse?

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you're finding it difficult to fit everything you need on a daily basis into the Empire Builder, it seems like the Brain Bag would be overkill (since it's 13.5L larger). If you love lots of built-in organization, the S25 might be the backpack for you. It really would depend on what you're carrying. My only experience with TB backpacks is the S19, so I'm sure others can give more educated opinions.

But I definitely understand where you're coming from. I am a crossbody bag user, through and through. I've tried backpacks (including the S19) and tote bags (currently using the Swift when I need to carry a larger load), but for my EDC, I need something I can wear crossbody. You can't force yourself to love a bag, no matter how great the organization, that you can't wear/carry in a way that's comfortable for you.
    kindness is contagious.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does any of this have to do with being CRAZYY!?!

The Synapse has a lot more organization for my daily use and I have 3 Brain Bags.
    I also love my Empire Builder and will never get rid of it.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bryncntr
    Having both an Empire Builder and S25, I think the S25 would work well for you as it is 25L vs 22.5L for the Empire Builder and you like built-in organization. I would also recommend a SA but that is not as organized.

@bermudajess
    For a cross-body bag, I actually use a Pilot with a Q-AM and I really like it. It does not have the built in stabilizer strap option but I can simulate it by attaching a QAM stabilizer strap to the Shoulder Strap attachment point. I never was a cross-body bag user but after trying the Pilot this way, I am a convert.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed with the above advice to consider a Synapse 25; I have a Brain Bag as well as an S25, and they're both great bags. Only downside (depending on context) is that it's really easy to stuff the Brain Bag fuller than is healthy to carry. For big travel, that's often useful; for everday carry, I think the S25 is easier to lug, to carry in a crowd, to sit on your lap on a bus or a train ...

But nothing crazy, No, siree Wink