Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New style TB Label on all bags?

Couldn't see a thread talking about this but I was really pleased when my new Grey/Olive MCB turned up last week with the new style TB label. The one with both 'Since 1972' and 'Made in USA'.

Although I'd love a return to Portable Cuture, I really like this newer version of the label which is a little subtler than the bolder previous 'Made in USA' version.

Hope this one is here to stay, unless a Portable Cuture return is on the cards ever :-)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can second that.
    I'd also love the portable culture tag back, but I'm also happy with a more subtile version.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - I agree - excellent that you find it on your MCB now. I noticed and commented on the same thing on a new Synapse that @pinkknits just picked up. I love my Portable Culture Bags but this new label is a good second.

I also have seen the new label on the new A30/45, Night Flight, Founders Briefcase and is on my DLBC.

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 04-25-2015 at 11:47 PM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes @tpnl, it was your post referring to the synapse that made me think about it. I've made two separate orders over the last month and my synapse 19 came with the previous version label but the more recent MCB had the newer one.

A nice improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, i just learned what portable culture was the other day. I'm not being a "smart alec", but, is having the portable culture like a status tag?

Massachusetts
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps there can be a label where it says TOM BIHN at the top, or bottom, and have the outline of the plane graphic be made up of the the words "Portable Culture Made in the USA Since 1972"

I will now prepare for the hard look of you've got to be kidding me from Tom's label makers. Wink

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope nobody attaches too much status (as in crazy status) to a TB label - that is not what TB is about IMHO.

From what people write, the Portable Culture label is just the best looking logo (and I agree). I think it just nicely states the theme of TB products - why they are made. I also admire a bag with an older label because it has lasted that long and still looks new Smilie.

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just didn't get it - I've barely looked at the label, but I like it. Just never thought about it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jujigatame View Post
    Perhaps there can be a label where it says TOM BIHN at the top, or bottom, and have the outline of the plane graphic be made up of the the words "Portable Culture Made in the USA Since 1972"

I will now prepare for the hard look of you've got to be kidding me from Tom's label makers. Wink
    No, no, no, it should be one those banners dragged by the TB plane, it would make the logo waaaaaaaaay longer. Wink

The best thing about TB changing logos, is that, they help date the production of the bags.

Kent, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't even noticed the updates to the labels until @tpnl mentioned it in regards to my new Black Dyneema S19 photo. Embarrassment I admit, the nerdy part of me likes having a slightly differently labeled S19, kinda makes up for me missing out on a Nordic version when I had the chance (okay, I'm kidding myself but play along)...Cool I don't have a preference per se about the labels since I always get compliments on my TB (copilot, side effect, shop bags, need I go on?) by coworkers and fellow BYOB'ers at the grocery store; just find it nifty that TB thinks of unique details to change up his branding every now and again.

This also makes me want to go back and buy a new shop bag so when I grocery shop I can choose between an oldie Portable Culture SB and a new one. Either way, it makes me want to buy more Tom Bihn!Stick Out Tongue
    Last edited by pinkknits; 04-25-2015 at 10:06 PM.
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @marytattoo

FYI - one other interesting past TB label event was the "infamous" interior TB tag ...

Cheers!