Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it time for Darcy to taunt us yet?

After the last release of goodies, there was a hint that there would be a part 2 that same month, that didn't happen. Then I heard something about a Skookum release in mid April, and the latest I remember is that there would be something released "end of May".

So is time for Darcy (and others she authorizes) to start dropping some hints so we can get whipped up into a frenzy over the next few weeks? OK, I admit the real reason is selfish. Work is a bit slow for the next couple of weeks, and I want to have something to look forward to.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sturbridge the 9 likes you got here (so far) say it all but I have to voice it anyway: YES! Very good question!
    Lets bug Darcy a bit (in a very nice way of cause) so that she might give in and tell us something. A date perhaps?

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Skookum release is the updated Citizen Canine

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please tell us about the new knitting bag. Any hints? elisa

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm super excited for the release of the new crossbody knitting bag, too! I can't wait to see what springs forth from the brain that is Bihn! It's sure to be wonderful!

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything new Syneema would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have an exact date for the next round of debuts.... yet. It's looking like June, though. As usual, we had some last minute ideas of things we could do to make this next debut even better, which means it's been delayed slightly. (I think it'll be worth the wait!)

The new knitting bag won't be in this next round of debuts, but I've seen a more recent prototype of it and it's looking good.

(Was that enough taunting?!)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We don't have an exact date for the next round of debuts.... yet. It's looking like June, though. As usual, we had some last minute ideas of things we could do to make this next debut even better, which means it's been delayed slightly. (I think it'll be worth the wait!)

The new knitting bag won't be in this next round of debuts, but I've seen a more recent prototype of it and it's looking good.

Nope. Taunt more, please.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, uh... clarification: will those of us who don't have pooches in our lives have something(s) to look forward to this next release? (Just wondering; I'm good either way. Even if only the CC debuts the next round, I suspect there will be enough outpourings of joy to make checking in during the debut hour lots of fun. And I for one think it is nothing short of amazing that we have debuts nearly every quarter. We are almost too spoiled.)
    Last edited by adalangdon; 05-08-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "some last minute ideas"... since the CC is a long around idea, there is hope adalangdon. There is always hope, as I come to think about it.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    So, uh... clarification: will those of us who don't have pooches in our lives have something(s) to look forward to this next release? (Just wondering; I'm good either way. Even if only the CC debuts the next round, I suspect there will be enough outpourings of joy to make checking in during the debut hour lots of fun. I for one think it is nothing short of amazing that we have debuts nearly every quarter, and feel like we are almost too spoiled.)
    Yeah, the CC doesn't do it for me since I don't have pets. But I understand. ...

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still want to see different sizes of Packing Cube Shoulder Bags. Specifically, a larger one, since I can use the Side Effect or the 3D Organizer Cubes for smaller things. A perfect size, based on the packing cube size list, is something like an Aeronaut 45 large size PCSB. It would be almost square on the length and height. Maybe not as wide so it doesn't stick out so much when worn as a shoulder bag, but that would be great. PCSB is 11.75" x 7.75" x 3". An Aeronaut PCSB could be something like 13.75" x 13.75" x 4".

Oh, and a shoulder strap/messenger bag version of the Packing Cube Backpack, please. Please!!!

[Yeah, this is in the wish list thread too. lol!!]

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ms Darcy
    I know you cannot answer but
    My request is
    For clips for the handles on the crossbody bag --- not sewn

I have a hard time with a thick strap like the webbed one on the cafe bags

The padded ones like on the shop bags or Swift and little swift were/ are perfect , and the rolled nature of the strap makes it not dig into the shoulder-it rests so easy and does not abrade clothing
    Just my two cents to consider a removable strap clip so we can opt for
    1)an optional rolled shoulder strap
    2) And a short rolled strap to go over our arm -short style or
    3)long cross body
    Women love versatile products --three possible handles made possible ...if the strap was not sewn but clipped!!!
    Yes we would pay for the quality hardware
    See you all can offer strap choices to buy / make money -( and we would be happy for choices and prob all end up with two of the three choices of straps and eventually all three)
    It maybe too late but women love items which transform
    Shoulder carry. Crossbody and over the arm
    Rolled straps are easier on clothes and the shoulder
    But this is just my imagination land
    Last edited by gulfcoastgal; 05-08-2015 at 03:16 PM.
    Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. +Indigo /sapphire /green
    ISO. Swift Red (❤️)
    my TB fleet:
    Swift: Turquoise / Halcyon-UV/ Indigo
    SSB: Black /Solar/monarch viridian
    SCB azalea/azure/canary/purple
    LCB in azure/Azalea /dk brown
    Imago green /cork
    Plus too many others to list

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great. At least some tips, for us - outside USA Buyers so we could plan ahead to save on the shipping fees.

I actually thinking to make an order by coming weeks, before Darcy's Post for my upcoming short trip with my wife. It is nothing terribly urgent. I could still use my current Tom Bihn Bags. Who knows, they will have Summer Color like Azure, Orange 152, Kelly, Red Blend for DLBP!

Actually, Im not sure whether you guys saw this discrepancy or could-be-usual case - for the past few days under Tom Bihn's All Bags, in a few instances, I saw several blank spaces in between the listing products. Im not really sure whether this is some sort of preparation or just technical glitch.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more we hear from you Darcy, the happier we are!

Keep it coming because there not enough hints, a nice couple of pictures, you know, the ones which reveal nothing but keeps the wheels of the forum speculations going...
    Last edited by backpack; 05-08-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast