Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    San Francisco, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S19 ultrasuede pocket carries ...?

Hi,

I'm a new TB bagger, S19 black/wasabi and I've been playing the What-can-i-stuff-in-here game.

Looks like the ultrasuede pocket was designed for an iPhone/iPod touch but phones have gotten larger and the 6+ won't fit.

Then I thought let's try sunglasses, but that is not much protection.

I could cut out the ultrasuede and use it as the most expensive potters chamois in the world Big Grin

Alas, seems like a waste of ultrasuede Confused

So now, I'm curious what you S19 folks carry in the ultrasuede pocket (if not a phone or glasses)?

Thank you,
    3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to put whiteboard markers in that pocket. Anything elongated and not too wide can go in there, especially if they are too wide for the pen pockets.

Anyway, you'll figure out in good time what to put in there if you stick to using your S19. A good use for the US pocket will reveal itself to you with prolonged use; it's fine if none of the suggestions mooted here work for you. (Speaking from personal experience with a lot of TB bags.)

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That pocket is great for not-too-tiny things that are frequently in and out of my bag, so they're easy to get, but also easy to put away. I have my multi tool and a glasses-cleaning cloth in there.

Forum Member
    San Francisco, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies. So far an old iPod settled in there for extra music; maybe there is another shiny metallic/glass object in my future Smilie

Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put headphones in there.
    Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put in tweezers/nail clippers/lipbalm. I don't use makeup so that helps.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My iPhone 6 in big case fits just fine,maybe something to think about?

That 6+ is a huge gauge for what passes these days for a phone.

I am confident you will find/purchase a suitable item for protection in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are talking about the suede pocket in the front R side pocket on the S19, right? I have a galaxy note 4 in a pretty slim case and there's no way it would go in there. Hard to imagine an iPhone 6.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess: AVservice is your front pocket the one under the water bottle pocket, made in ultrasude? I recall that this was the case in some early moddles. (Hopefully my memory is corect).

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    San Francisco, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until I get a Dyneema SE, I ended up doing a marsupial hack hanging a small eagle creek pack-it pouch inside the main compartment and the iPhone 6+ fits in the 8.5 inch wide pouch. There was another helpful thread on where this phablet fits TB products. For the s19, the only place was the bottom or side pockets, ignoring the middle pocket for the water bottle. I wonder if the s19 evolution will forego the ultrasuede material in the future because of lack of specific utility as the phone case market seems quite thriving!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    My guess: AVservice is your front pocket the one under the water bottle pocket, made in ultrasude? I recall that this was the case in some early moddles. (Hopefully my memory is corect).

Ilkyway
    Nope mine is on the side too.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AVService, you are right mine fits too (iPhone 6 in an Otter Box) but it is not my dream. Took some pictures.

S19 ultrasuede pocket carries ...?-img_0178-jpg

S19 ultrasuede pocket carries ...?-img_0179-jpg

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sometimes clip a Benchmade Mini Griptilian knife inside the pocket.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller