Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, the Bag exceeds my expectation and looks better on your back. Thanks for sharing the photos!
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this thread. It has always puzzled me why Tom Bihn bags--especially the larger ones--do not have a better weight-bearing hip belt. While I do understand they are not meant to be "backpacks" in the truest sense, it would still be so helpful to have them. Red Oxx also does not offer waist belts. So I do not honestly know if "padded waist belts" is a "sport invention" of some sort, or if they really do serve a purpose. I know they do for hiking packs--as they do balance load between shoulder and hip. One of the best in this line are the old Mountainsmith products; they are not as good as they used to be.
    I would really like to hear more from TB about the rationale for not including it. I realize this is all meant for more urban travel--but considering that many of the TB customers are also "older-er" people, and more of us are carrying on, it would be really helpful.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petite person's take on the A30

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Thanks for this thread. It has always puzzled me why Tom Bihn bags--especially the larger ones--do not have a better weight-bearing hip belt. While I do understand they are not meant to be "backpacks" in the truest sense, it would still be so helpful to have them. Red Oxx also does not offer waist belts. So I do not honestly know if "padded waist belts" is a "sport invention" of some sort, or if they really do serve a purpose. I know they do for hiking packs--as they do balance load between shoulder and hip. One of the best in this line are the old Mountainsmith products; they are not as good as they used to be.
    I would really like to hear more from TB about the rationale for not including it. I realize this is all meant for more urban travel--but considering that many of the TB customers are also "older-er" people, and more of us are carrying on, it would be really helpful.
    Agreed. Granted, my hubs isn't in the best of shape, but he cannot be the only male who's winded after carrying a fully-loaded TS on his back all over the airport... I am pretty sure the current setup is less than optimal even for some of those in the "young(er) and (somewhat) fit" category.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 10-04-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3