Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Cincinnati, OH
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion: more pockets on Vertical Brain Cell

I just bought a Vertical Brain Cell for my Brain Bag. I also have a Vertical Freudian Slip and as I was looking at both of them next to each other it occurred to me that the VBC would be more useful, and could even replace the VFS thus saving weight/space in my bag, if it had more pockets going up the exposed side instead of just the 2 pockets on the bottom.

Has that ever been discussed?

Jason
    Jason
    Aeronaut 45 | Brain Bag | Medium Cafe Bag | Various odds and ends

Columbus, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall seeing this idea before, but it's a very good one! It would add a lot of functionality to an otherwise singular use box.
    [2004] Brain Bag (w/Lg. A45 Packing Cube, Q-kit & 2 Brain cells) ___________________________________________ "Be excellent to each other."
    - [2010] Aeronaut45 (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray PCSB, Passport Pouch & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/S.O.S. strap, Cache, Clear Org wallet, 3D mesh cube, whistle, Sm. COP's & Q-kit)
    - - - [2015] Tristar (traded for A30)
    - - - - [2016] ID, Aeronaut30 (w/Absolute & Lg. Aether cube), Side Effect

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that it would add a lot of functionality and it is a great suggestion.

I would add that the "pockets" be removable. This is to have it continue to be Checkpoint Friendly. I currently use my Brain Cell as my Checkpoint Friendly cover for my laptop and have never had an issue. I definitely do not want to lose the security check functionality.

If it is about adding more capacity while carrying it alone, I do add on some of the TB pouches. I wrote a blog on it too:

TPNL’s TB Design Spotlight

I have found the most convenient easy addition is a PCSB, GPLP or Side Effect hooked piggy back style onto a Brain Cell for additional organization. It does not cover your large papers but I find I can fit them in the main Brain Cell compartment with my computer if need be.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!