Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skookum Dog and TOM BIHN Team Up

One day, a few years back, we (the creative team at TOM BIHN) were hanging out with our dogs, as we do most of the time. It was at the beach, or on some mountain trail, as the story is now told. At some point we all looked at each other and said: “We are designers. We have our own factory. We have dogs. We should design and make our own dog gear. Duh.” And so it was: Skookum Dog was born.

The Skookum Dog company was on its own for its first year — now we’re bringing it back into the TOM BIHN family. Many of you wrote to us over the last year asking us to do this so that you could get TB and SD gear from the same website, and we realized that’s a good point. So from today on, you’ll find all Skookum Dog gear available at TOM BIHN: here’s the link.

The new Citizen Canine will debut tomorrow as a Skookum Dog bag available through tombihn.com

In the meantime, we've written a bit more about all of this:
    Skookum Dog and TOM BIHN Team Up
    The Story of the Skookum Dog Bat
    Dogs Don't Need Stuff

And Tom has written a post introducing all of us to his new dog Kasper.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was very touching! I am not even a dog person but it made me tear up. Seems like Kasper has a great new home (and friend).
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved the essays, your love for your dogs is reflected in both the essays and in the products you all design.
    Also, really happy Skookum is now part of the Tom Bihn website Smilie

Forum Member
    Oklahoma but I'm a native Kansan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend who has an Irish Wolfhound, so sent her a link to the article. She also does some international travel occasionally, so maybe TB can get another new customer. Wink

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very touching post about the loss of a best friend and the start of a whole new friendship. "Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished." D. Koontz

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad that I can order Skookum and TB items from same website. I lost one of my Sookum hats - need a replacement.

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post, Tom and for sharing the link, Darcy. I read the very touching story in the company of my two Petfinder.com dogs. They are resting up in preparation for the big reveal tomorrow, and send lots of wet kisses to Kasper and the Crew.
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kasper is adorable. Looking forward ordering Skookum Dog gear.

Washington State
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How lovely to read Tom's post introducing Kasper. While I am terribly sorry for all of Tom's losses, I am so glad for the joy that Kasper brings!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom's artikel made me sad and happy in one go. So many losses is such a short time... Cant imagin how I would cope. I am so glad that Kasper is there now and that Kasper seems to be the kind of guy who does not let you be gloomy a lot. Looks like the right dog at the right time and place to me.

Reading through all the posts regarding Dogs made me very Dog-sick in the way one gets home-sick. I love all the cats around the house but I am a dogperson in my bones. Badger has started a good deal of this dog-longing in me via pictures of Titus. So let me tell you a something quite personal here:

When I was 22 a doctor tolled me I cant have kids. I had not intended to get them at 22 but I was looking forward to get kids later in live. So I was sad and thought: well lets see if Doctors are always right...
    Some day at age 23 I saw a cute little light you pluck into a power suply that will bring a little light in the night to a childrens room with a Clown on it. I bought it and put it aside for my child to come. (I was of cause NOT precnet at that time)
    I moved a LOT and moving means losing stuff due to downsizing or things brake or just plain losing them. BUT at age 28 I got precnant and my oldest daughter was born and she HAD this very light in her powersuply in her room I still have it but it does not work anymore. Than I got devorsed and chances for sisters or brohters for Finja looked a bit slim... So I rememberd the "charm" of whishing so hard that you prepear for the event even so it seems unlikely. I bought a thing you hang over the bed for a baby to look at for my next baby to come... Well Linah had that over her bed and Emmely came before I needet to put out another wish.

Why am I telling you this here? Partly because I am all soggy from the exitment of debut and Toms story and partly because I will buy a collar and a leash for the dog to come in my futur. At this moment it still seems to be too early because dogs are demanding too and with the three girls and the four cats... But I will try and test this sort of "charm" a thirt time and I am sure it will work.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Tom's artikel made me sad and happy in one go. So many losses is such a short time... Cant imagin how I would cope. I am so glad that Kasper is there now and that Kasper seems to be the kind of guy who does not let you be gloomy a lot. Looks like the right dog at the right time and place to me.

Reading through all the posts regarding Dogs made me very Dog-sick in the way one gets home-sick. I love all the cats around the house but I am a dogperson in my bones. Badger has started a good deal of this dog-longing in me via pictures of Titus. So let me tell you a something quite personal here:

When I was 22 a doctor tolled me I cant have kids. I had not intended to get them at 22 but I was looking forward to get kids later in live. So I was sad and thought: well lets see if Doctors are always right...
    Some day at age 23 I saw a cute little light you pluck into a power suply that will bring a little light in the night to a childrens room with a Clown on it. I bought it and put it aside for my child to come. (I was of cause NOT precnet at that time)
    I moved a LOT and moving means losing stuff due to downsizing or things brake or just plain losing them. BUT at age 28 I got precnant and my oldest daughter was born and she HAD this very light in her powersuply in her room I still have it but it does not work anymore. Than I got devorsed and chances for sisters or brohters for Finja looked a bit slim... So I rememberd the "charm" of whishing so hard that you prepear for the event even so it seems unlikely. I bought a thing you hang over the bed for a baby to look at for my next baby to come... Well Linah had that over her bed and Emmely came before I needet to put out another wish.

Why am I telling you this here? Partly because I am all soggy from the exitment of debut and Toms story and partly because I will buy a collar and a leash for the dog to come in my futur. At this moment it still seems to be too early because dogs are demanding too and with the three girls and the four cats... But I will try and test this sort of "charm" a thirt time and I am sure it will work.

Ilkyway
    Ilkyway, thank you for sharing. You are such a dear, positive light here and I see in your story a lot of why that is. I for one am sending you (((hugs))). I'm sure the right dog will be along. (And maybe you'll name it "Bihn"?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kasper looks like loads of fun. And now I've got one more reason to stop stalking petfinder and start actually visiting with available dogs. We said goodbye to our Katie Liz last summer and, while we have a senior cat (my avatar) who is opposed, the humans in the house are feeling ready for a new girl. Besides, Velo-the-cat can hold his own.

I've wanted a Skookum bat, but Katie didn't do toys and there's no telling about Future Dog. My mom is a bat aficionado and she passed that on to me - yay for giving bats their due!
    Last edited by binje; 06-16-2015 at 06:01 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting skookum inside tb.com makes total sense to me. There are a lot of folks who just didn't get the word about another website and I was told last year that ordering was separate so shipping was separate and I couldn't see the sense of shipping costs for a hat or a bat, but now all is right.

WHEN is the debut of the new CC? (as the new Citizen canine, destined to be called)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone needs walkies right now, so it better not be in the next hour or we are going to howl....

Skookum Dog and TOM BIHN Team Up-walkies-jpg

(did ya notice the nordic PCBP in corner waiting by the door to go out. pampered pooch. guilty.)

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post

WHEN is the debut of the new CC? (as the new Citizen canine, destined to be called)
    I think it is TODAY with the 10am pacific time debut!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast