Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missing My Tom Bihn

Does anyone else go through withdrawals when they don't have their TB? I'm testing out a new backpack for a week for a review and I find myself missing/craving my TB BB that is left at home. Not sure I'll be able to make it the full week!

Does anyone else miss their packs like mad when they don't have them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

I certainly do too Smilie It's automatic for me to grab my SE, slip my phone in and attach my keys to an o-ring, grab the shop bag with whatever is needed for the boys that day, and rush out the door. Oh, and when I finally grow that much needed third hand, I'll grab my Imago with my loom knitting project inside.
    Last edited by RDR3; 06-22-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a confession: since I got a Synapse 4 years ago, I haven't used any other brand of bag. I sometimes miss my Synapse when I have my Smart Alec, and vice versa, though.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it is like Rocks describes it: I miss one Tom Bihn while useing another. Have not bee seen without one since Summer 2013.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just can't decide which to use! So many choices, so few places!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a confession. I still have one leather bag that I use on occasion (though I think I've only used it once this year). Of course, my SE is in it and I've outfitted it with carabiners to act as o-rings so I can attach my OPs.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only have one Tom Bihn pack (for now) so it's an easy choice... however not grabbing it on the way out the door this morning was very, very difficult.

I might have to bus down to the Tom Bihn store on lunch to get my fix.

Atlanta, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only miss the lack of o-rings in my non TB bags. I have three bags that aren't TB that I use for very specific purposes. While I don't miss carrying a TB bag at those times, I always wish I were handy/crafty enough to sew o-rings into them for easier organization and security.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missing My Tom Bihn

Like Ilkyway, I haven't looked at any other bag since I started with a MCB (weekend EDC) and an 11" Ristretto (work EDC) since 2012....that is non- TB, that is. So, yes, I would miss my TB bag terribly if I had to use another bag for the day, let alone for the week!
    PS: I did use my Imago as EDC from 2010 but it's larger capacity made me switch out to smaller non-TB bags from time to time. So, finding the right-for-me TB bag was the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WenV; 06-22-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an entire room of non-TB bags which need homes. I'm not one to sell on ebay. I do have a few I like which I'll keep because they are rare "perfect" bags. You know, it's the goldilocks thing, finding something "just right". I'm not sure if I'll use them again, but I won't get rid of them for awhile.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    PNW
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! On the last overseas trip I took with my husband, I allowed him to use my Aeronaut, while I used another, non TB, bag. I hadn't used this non TB bag before, and found it really didn't work well for me. I kept looking wistfully at the Aeronaut, saying to myself, never again!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TB bags and accessories only since 2006. Old travelling bags and backpacks are used for the monthly big shopping trip. Other bags are used for storage and organizing of things, in this manner, they can quickly be stashed into a closet in case of tornado warning or grabbed and taken to the car very fast in case of flood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine traveling with anything else, but I'm still a sucker for my leather crossbody bags. I couldn't trade them out as easily without TB pouches for the contents, though!

Kansas City, MO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't carried a non-TB bag in close to a year now and am slowly getting rid of the non-TB bags. Keeping a couple for sentimental reasons, but I tend to not use them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always hated carrying a purse. I carry a tiny wallet, a phone, lip balm. As needed, I might carry a pack of tissues. This usually fits in my pockets. The few purses I own are very small. None are as awesome as the SE, but a few are smaller. I've given a few away and plan to donate all but the tiny Baggallini. I am hoping for more SE in Dyneema colors.

Backpacks are disappearing at my house with every trip to the donation center. I've aquired both sizes of Synapse, so no other backpack compares.

My hard side luggage (graduation gift) was replaced years ago with Ricardo roller bags. Security routinely cuts the zipper tabs off the Ricardo bags and they are heavy. I've been looking for a replacement for over ten years. Rick Steves convertible bag made one trip overseas. It was too big and therefore floppy for me.

For a luggage type bag, I tried the NFTD. It's an excellent bag, but it doesn't fit my shoes very well, so I got a WF. Haven't traveled with the WF yet, but test packing looks very promising.

My holy grail bag is a book-end style duffle. Backpack straps and convertible carry is a bonus. My new A30 (black dyneema/island) is nirvana! I got it Friday and have not had free time to test pack, but I almost don't feel the need to do so.

I doubt I'll ever be happy with a non-TB bag again. TB sets the bar high and has no competition! I can see how it is possible to miss one TB bag while using another. elisa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast