Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Bad Influences (SA Purchase)

Everyone here is a bad influence Wink

After looking at tons of pictures of SAs I ended up taking Uber down to the TB store and buying one... along with a top modular pocket and a travel tray (the Island color is too good to pass up!)

Thanks everyone... can't wait to use this Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllDayRuckoff View Post
    Everyone here is a bad influence Wink

After looking at tons of pictures of SAs I ended up taking Uber down to the TB store and buying one... along with a top modular pocket and a travel tray (the Island color is too good to pass up!)

Thanks everyone... can't wait to use this Smilie
    Umm… @AllDayRuckoff, Could you tell us what color Smart Alec and Upper Modular Pocket you got? (A picture would be even more appreciated!). Inquiring minds would like to know just which bad influences are most effective.

moriond

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Current EDC: S25 (BlkHyc)
    Current Closet: BB (Blk/Blk/Blk), SA (Blk/Blk/Iberian), UMP (Blk), TT(Island)
    Owner of All Day Ruckoff

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Smart Alec is the best bag for car-free commuters. It never seems to run out of space. I hope you love it! I've had mine for about a month now.

Downeast Maine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of folks here have a PHD in enabling. I've seen it taken to remarkable levels around here. If I recall correctly there have been entire threads about how to best enable and who was best at it. I, of course, would never do such a thing.

Did you get enough pouches to organize your SA??
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @AllDayRuckoff

I hope we bump into each other one day - I think I have the exact same SA - Black Iberian with Black UMP (courtesy of @wierdguy) and an Island Travel tray!

Great buy - I going to help you resist TBAS by not telling you what packing cubes work so well in the SA... Smilie

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    @AllDayRuckoff

I hope we bump into each other one day - I think I have the exact same SA - Black Iberian with Black UMP (courtesy of @wierdguy) and an Island Travel tray!

Great buy - I going to help you resist TBAS by not telling you what packing cubes work so well in the SA... Smilie

Cheers!
    If we ever bump into each other we CANNOT put our packs down otherwise there's probably a 50% chance we'll leave with the wrong one :O

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    The Smart Alec is the best bag for car-free commuters. It never seems to run out of space. I hope you love it! I've had mine for about a month now.
    I'm a car-free commuter and am very excited for this Big Grin The Brain Bag was a little too big and the GORUCK GR2 was comical!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    A lot of folks here have a PHD in enabling. I've seen it taken to remarkable levels around here. If I recall correctly there have been entire threads about how to best enable and who was best at it. I, of course, would never do such a thing.

Did you get enough pouches to organize your SA??
    I did not get any pouches yet because the initial hit was a little tough. I'm planning on reading more, seeing what I feel like I'm missing, then hit up the TB store again in a month or so Smilie Might pick up a Freudian Slip there too.
    Last edited by AllDayRuckoff; 06-24-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I just need to cut the zippers off... every time I move it my dog thinks there are more dogs around Smilie

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No going back now!

Notes to self afterwards: Only burnt myself once but that was because I was making sure I didn't melt the zippers on the inside Smilie
    Last edited by AllDayRuckoff; 06-24-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    Owner of All Day Ruckoff

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That didn't take long! There's no going back now Bad Influences (SA Purchase)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solo View Post
    That didn't take long! There's no going back now Bad Influences (SA Purchase)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 reasons I do it...
    1) I hate the jingle jangle that comes from metal zippers
    2) Doing it means I need to keep the pack Smilie No going back now!

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't regret keeping it! My Smart Alec came used, so no returns. There's something liberating about quickly and decisively making it yours.

I actually like the jangly zippers though Smilie

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't regret keeping it! My Smart Alec came used, so no returns. There's something liberating about quickly and decisively making it yours.

I actually like the jangly zippers though Smilie
    Haha well that's good! This way when @tpnl and I hang out we won't get confused on which pack belongs to who.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picture of the completed zipper pulls :-)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Owner of All Day Ruckoff

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seconding this sentiment. I am a subway warrior with my SA. Many days of the week, I have to pack three meals a day in there, plus change of clothes and other necessities. I started using my Black Dyneema UMP a few months ago and I am ready to tackle the day. Absolutely no regrets about getting the SA. This one is still going strong and looking good, and I think I'm on Year 3 with it, carrying it at least 5 days a week. Most of my other backpacks bit the dust within a year of use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast