Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb New Color Families

Tom Bihn seems to be favoring warm, "autumn" colors lately when designing outer bag fabrics: Burnt Orange, Verde, Orange, Coyote. Are you open also to working with what is known in the world of color as a "summer" palette? Ex: soft teal blue, muted purple, soft burgundy, india ink (navy with purple undertones), dark rose. These colors can also be described as soft, subtle, cool, muted. Former and current TB examples include Forest (and I believe) aubergine. Thanks.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carol did you have a look at French Blue?
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe French Blue would be too bright with respect to what is being described. These are primarily darker colours with hints of brighter tones in them, giving that rich, "royal" luxurious feel - it's very suitable to ballistic nylon's natural sheen.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I did see the French Blue. Nice color, but not what I'm describing. Jaraxte is correct - it's too bright. I have color fans for the color families I'm describing. I'll take some pics of them when it's light out and post them.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there are so many different systems with acordingly different color fans out there.
    When I discoverd Tom Bihn I was so glad that they had this mayn colors and that they had cool ones (that I like) and warm ones for thouse who prefear that and not only the black you see everyehere. Frensh Blue is not as muted as Storm was but it aint Spring bright either.

But of cause I am all for more colors and would love them to be on the cool side too ;-)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

NY Finger Lakes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, muted cool! I missed the Storm era, but have love that over French blue which seems brighter and less able to blend in with my other blues and cools.