Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medium Cafe Bag: the perfect size for a new 12" Macbook...

In case anyone is wondering, I can happily confirm that the new ultralight 12" Apple Macbook fits beautifully in a MCB. I managed to get my mitts on a space grey Macbook and around the same time won an eBay auction for a burnt orange MCB. I'm still waiting for the new Cache for the Macbook (it positively swims if I try to use the original 6Z cache I used to use for my old 13" black Macbook) which is likely to arrive on Tuesday according to UPS, but I'm confident that it will be a perfect fit. I have plenty of room for the laptop, a personal size Filofax, a 3D Clear Organiser Cube with some bits and bobs in it, plus a pair of reading glasses in their hard case and a fairly chunky Oakley sunglasses case. Which makes me wonder... what do people carry around in an LCB which requires so much extra room?
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep hearing that a pizza take-out box fits into an LCB. I am waiting for confirmation of this.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    I'm still waiting for the new Cache for the Macbook (it positively swims if I try to use the original 6Z cache I used to use for my old 13" black Macbook) which is likely to arrive on Tuesday according to UPS, but I'm confident that it will be a perfect fit.
    I can confirm that the Cache for the 12" MacBook is a perfect fit Medium Cafe Bag: the perfect size for a new 12" Macbook...

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a small world (especially here in the UK)

I think the MCB PaulT00 is referring to came from me. And I think I got it from ceepee.

I had also just noticed today that a DLBP I bought on eBay recently was from a person who had previously bought a LCB of mine.

I'm so glad to hear when great bags find new homes.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

The Earth, we share.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for bringing up this discussion.

I only have a 13.3" Ultrabook and I guess it will fit greatly on a Cache 13" MBA Retina Pro. May I know how that Cache fits in the main of compartment of MCB? I will be receiving my first MCB by end of this month through trade while the Cache have to wait until months due to compiling Carts to save on international order. I'm really looking forward for big it is, comparing to SCB.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot, Paul, you might just have enabled an MCB for me. I don't have a 12" MB, but I did just get a Surface tablet which fits perfectly into the 12" MB Cache, and needs it's own "just for me" bag. And I think there was an MCB color I was drooling over at the TB shop last week. . . .
    Rambling On. . . . .

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The horizontal cache with rails for my new Macbook just arrived and is, as predicted, a perfect fit in the MCB. In case you're wondering why I got a horizontal cache, it's because it needs to fit in my Pilot as its primary carrier, with the MCB for occasions when I don't need to carry the whole kit and caboodle. I wonder if Apple used the MCB as one of the requirements in the design of the new Macbook form factor? Smilie Or did Tom use some of that fabled TARDIS technology to travel forward in time when he was designing the MCB?

The travel tray in Zest arrived in the same package. Zesty juicy zingy delicious colour! It reminds me of a favourite colour of fountain pen ink! Smilie Of course I already had 4 travel trays (2 Solar, 1 Black, 1 Nordic) but there is always room for another...
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly, I see a cache option on the TB page with the MCBs. I don't need a cache do don't know if it has always been an option or not.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    Interestingly, I see a cache option on the TB page with the MCBs. I don't need a cache do don't know if it has always been an option or not.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Hmmm, I can't say that I've ever noticed it before. Interesting that they don't have the 12" MacBook Cache as an option but I can confirm that it is a nice fit.

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ceepee, when did you 'go off' the burnt orange? Smilie

It's such a perfect fit that I wonder why TB haven't updated the MCB page to offer the relevant cache directly. Obviously the MCB doesn't come with rails, but apart from that it's ideal.

Actually, thinking about it... I must dig out that Aubergine old-style Ristretto I eBayed from you a while back and see if the macbook fits in that... the new form factor on these machines is insanely small and light; I have an iPad Air, which I use with a Logitech ultra thin bluetooth keyboard, but I'm pretty certain the 12" macbook is thinner and lighter than that combination even though its overall dimensions are a bit bigger. Will check and report back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, truth is I haven't ...... far from it in fact Medium Cafe Bag: the perfect size for a new 12" Macbook.... Michaels MCB was just easier to grab ....... Besides, it being Wimbledon, the green bag with the purple cord is more topical Smilie

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Meglet, glad to be of service on the enabling front. Smilie
    Which colour of MCB was it you were drooling at, may I ask?

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I have a vote for grey being a rather cool MCB colour also? I'm liking my UV cord with it. Goes nicely with the grey.

And on an odd note, the grey, olive, UV mix always reminds me of the Joker's clothes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw Perseffect lovely combo! That is how my Synapse 25 looks like too and I always feel joy looking at it.

Ilkyway

PS: this thread feels also as enabaling on the Macbook front I have you all know ;-)
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    Can I have a vote for grey being a rather cool MCB colour also? I'm liking my UV cord with it. Goes nicely with the grey.

You can have my vote, I bought a SCB in the same combo Smilie You know, just for a change ....... still loving the BO though Stick Out Tongue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast