Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    No Badger you are not! I only did not know how to voice it. Is it polite to ask a dude where he left his body??

Ilkyway
    I'm tickled by Ilkyway's use of "dude." I don't think I've heard that from you before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...if it's a "mobile something", maybe adding a "travel bug" and logging it as a traveling geocache could add a fun way to track it. Since you are near the International HQ for Geocaching, you might even be able to sort out a collaboration. :-)

ETA Just for clarification--This is in response to Darcy's post hinting at some sort of plan to broaden shopping access.:-)
    Last edited by Grandcache; 08-20-2015 at 02:20 PM.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    I'm tickled by Ilkyway's use of "dude." I don't think I've heard that from you before.

Ups I so hope this word is not wors than I think it is. My husband and my eldest daughter watched "The Big Lebowski" the other day. And even so I was not able to sit throught this film a second time (a big sorry to all fans, my husband is one of them and I love him dearly) I heard enought to have that word stick in my head again. I think that is where it came from. Embarrassment

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's settled: we will keep Dude The Global Warming Snowman!

And brilliant idea, Grandcache. I'll think on that.

We've set up mock-ups for the store furniture and other things and are testing them out right now. Next is figuring out lighting and fabricating the final versions of the furniture. More soon....
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ups I so hope this word is not wors than I think it is. My husband and my eldest daughter watched "The Big Lebowski" the other day. And even so I was not able to sit throught this film a second time (a big sorry to all fans, my husband is one of them and I love him dearly) I heard enought to have that word stick in my head again. I think that is where it came from. Embarrassment

Ilkyway
    It's not at all a bad word. My husband is such a fan that he signed up to be a Dudeist priest. He's got the bumper sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's settled: we will keep Dude The Global Warming Snowman!
    The Dude will need his robe.

Smilie

North of the TB Mothership
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know - there is a pattern out there for The Dude's sweater. Some knitter may have to make one... (not me, I'm not that good yet)

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

And brilliant idea, Grandcache. I'll think on that...
    If you decide to move in this direction, please feel free to add my name to the list of "potential stops"...:-)
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was lucky enough to pick some things up at the factory yesterday.

They had just put up a wall of historic bags!
    DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing Frown **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ilkyway
    No oops, Ilkyway! This is a much better reference than, "I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude. We're all dudes." Yes, much better.
    And I'm very happy to meet Mr. Dude!

The far west
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update on blog

I'm glad the TB crew will have a personalized area in the new space. I really enjoyed the last photo of the books...nice blend of quirky humor and ancient wisdom!

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure this has been asked already, but if so I missed it:

Will there be a housewarming party for the new showroom, where we (as in the fiendishly loyal and loving customers) are invited?

North of the TB Mothership
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my - I'm suddenly picturing a worldwide conference call set up on a bunch of computers all over the factory with people calling in from everywhere. Too funny!

The far west
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threeteez View Post
    I'm glad the TB crew will have a personalized area in the new space. I really enjoyed the last photo of the books...nice blend of quirky humor and ancient wisdom!
    Hehe, I am glad you like our choices for reading material. There's more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Will there be a housewarming party for the new showroom, where we (as in the fiendishly loyal and loving customers) are invited?
    We’re hoping to make every day feel like a party in the new showroom! But I bet there will be some kind of event(s) this year.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is soooo exiting!

The Showroom Museum is becoming a reality!

I really looove that idea: "We’re adding more of ourselves: a side table built by Tom’s grandfather, bags and jackets Tom made when he was a teenager, plants from Darcy’s house, comfy chairs and some of our favorite books."

Please consider using the light fixtures made in Seattle by one of the couples who are on a TB video called, I think 3 trips.
    Found the video, it is the first in the Aeronaute page.

I already visited the Factory Showroom, Tom indeed gives the best factory tours, he designed or is designing everything, yet, he makes sure to give The Crew, even machines credit for helping him bring our wonderful TB goodies to life.

In a place where almost everything has his name on it, Tom is very down to earth and has a way to show his passion for making his products in a caring and interesting way.

At the time, the showroom tables were beautiful and roomy steel and wood but the bar stool like chairs were, for me comfy chairs, kind of like Monty Python style, but of course, not really, if one doesn't mind high chairs.

Needless to say, I am delighted about the comfy chairs addition, I think they would be great under the artifact, bags and TB history display fitted with an earthquake proof glass, or left in the open. Between the chairs, it would be good to have a table to compare bags and fit them with one's clean stuff (preferably already housed in Dyneema goodness).

Needleworkers, knitters, crocheters, embroiderers, quilters could bring their next project supplies or last yarn, fabric fest stash to ponder the need for another TB bag or snatch a limited edition Shop Bag, Travel Tray or Stuff Sack.

I was just thinking about an area where walkers, strollers, wheelchairs, baby carriages and scooters could be accommodated, maybe on the outer periphery of the showroom.

The addition of items provided by Darcy, will make all the difference, either with photos, posts or in person, Darcy is someone who reminds people of their happy childhood places, National Parks enthusiasts of their favorite spot and readers of their books which get worn, underlined, bookmarked and recited word for word.

Again, soooo exiting!
    Last edited by backpack; 09-04-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast