Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    North of the TB Mothership
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Just as long as we don't impede on an individual's right to hug the bags - that would be deemed cruel and unusual punishment!

I fully expect that every bag and accessory I receive from TOM BIHN has been hugged by at least the individual sewing and packing it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm curious if customers ever try to hug Tom or the other staff for making such wonderful products.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Thanks, giantsteve: I have to admit I was totally ignorant on this subject. Are baked goods without nuts but made in a home kitchen that uses nut products for other recipes safe enough from the traces of nut proteins?

And Hemel and Meglet, I'm glad you two have already gotten to see the transition! You guys will have to come down again soon for another visit, if you can. I think we'll be quietly open again sometime this month; all the very last details should be done by early December. Still figuring out our day after Thanksgiving schedule; Tom might be working the store a few days in early-mid December instead as we'll likely be working last minute details for Monday's (Nov. 30th) debut on that Friday.

And yeah for the biodegradable pods, marytattoo! (Already ordered the French Roast but I'll try Fog Chaser next time.)
    If not Black Friday, I'll actually be coming back into town and have a car on the Monday Nov 30th debut day, too, so depending on what debuts. . . perhaps I'll just set my order for "store pickup" and be able to see the new store plus get my hands on the new shiny in the very same day! I think I would have TB overload!! Cool
    Rambling On. . . . .

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, funny thing happened this evening...

I had brought back some chocolate from Switzerland, which included plain chocolate, and some chocolate that had nuts.

My son had one that had hazelnuts, not knowing that that is what it was. His lips and tongue began to itch, so we suspected that what he had perhaps contained nuts.

He's very careful about what he eats, but I think he assumed that all of the chocolate I had picked up was nut free. The outer packaging had the ingredients listed in several languages, including english. But the individually wrapped pieces only have something written in German, I believe.

He had a Benadryl, and all was well! Don't leave home without it!

We also get an Epi Pen for our son each year, but fortunately have never had to use it!
    Last edited by maverick; 11-05-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    -m

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a dork I know, but I liked just about every post in this thread: giantsteve's thoughtful post, Saltgirl's appreciation, Meglet coming by to visit us, and maverick's son being OK after that near scare... too good not to like.

Anyway, here's a few hints of the new showroom...

Heads-up! Seattle Factory Showroom Closed For Remodel-storepreview1-jpg

Heads-up! Seattle Factory Showroom Closed For Remodel-storepreview2-jpg

Heads-up! Seattle Factory Showroom Closed For Remodel-storepreview3-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy, you are anything but a dork!!!

I am totally loving this! The bag designs, the pictures, the frames, the coffee machine!! Was the shelf in the last picture crafted by someone at TOM BIHN?

I'm a dork I know, but I liked just about every post in this thread: giantsteve's thoughtful post, Saltgirl's appreciation, Meglet coming by to visit us, and maverick's son being OK after that near scare... too good not to like.

-m

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just too much eye candies for one thread!

The Tomuseum or the Bihn archives, are very very very attractive!

Too much excitement! Soo wonderful!

Frankly, I am speechless and that happens very seldom.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally need to get on booking my Seattle trip! I'm so excited to visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I can't wait to see the finished showroom, and I am really looking forward to seeing some of the history/evolution, as hinted at in the first photo of designs. Nice pics too! Smilie
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my goodness, this is lovely. I love the drawings of the old designs! And you guys printed out photos from forum members! How sweet is that :-)

(Our girl says thanks for having me there)

NJ
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's perfect that the watermelon and toilet paper picture made it :-)
    Eat well, travel often.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping to swing by December 4th-ish, so hopefully the showroom will be finished and open by then!

Already have at least 4 things on my shopping list that I want to pickup!!

Here's a picture I took when I last popped in.

Heads-up! Seattle Factory Showroom Closed For Remodel-img_2978a-jpg

The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hemel! I am sure we will be open by then but even if we weren't you could still swing by. Smilie

Just so everyone knows, Hemel's photo shows our shipping warehouse (we're in the process of reorganizing the layout) and not the new showroom.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemel View Post
    I'm hoping to swing by December 4th-ish, so hopefully the showroom will be finished and open by then!

Already have at least 4 things on my shopping list that I want to pickup!!

Here's a picture I took when I last popped in.

Heads-up! Seattle Factory Showroom Closed For Remodel-img_2978a-jpg
    WOW!! A peek behind the curtain of awesomeness!!! Thanks Smilie
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the clarification, Darcy.

Normally all of that is hidden from prying eyes walking into the showroom, so my eyes just about popped out of my head when I walked through the door and I was able to see so much!!! Stick Out Tongue

The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemel View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, Darcy.

Normally all of that is hidden from prying eyes walking into the showroom, so my eyes just about popped out of my head when I walked through the door and I was able to see so much!!! Stick Out Tongue
    I know!!! We love the open layout too. That said, it presents some challenges when it comes to visitor photography: how do we keep new designs and colors under wraps? How do we keep our proprietary production techniques top-secret? And we have some crew who would rather not be photographed and we want to be able to respect that while still enjoying the open layout. So, what we've come up with is that we'll ask people who visit the factory to ask us for permission before taking photos.

There's a really good open area view of the factory near the entrance that is a great photo opportunity but is far enough away that a photo taken from that view shouldn't reveal anything too much. There will be a sign about this near the entrance once the showroom opens. Smilie

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast