Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heads-up! Seattle Factory Showroom Closed For Remodel

Read all about it here!

Our Showroom will be open Wednesday - Friday 10:00am - 3:00pm this week. Beginning next week, we'll be closed while we remodel. When will we be open again? When we're done!

Seattle people or people traveling to Seattle: you're welcome to place an order online and pick it up at our factory. Add the bag(s) you’d like to your basket and during checkout select the ‘Store Pick Up – Seattle Showroom’ option. We’ll give you a call when your order is ready to be picked up.

And if you’re from out of town and were really hoping to see our factory, emailus@tombihn.com and we’ll see what we can do. Note that it is very likely there will be no showroom or bags on display but we can at least say "Hi" and give you a quick glimpse of our factory in action.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exciting! I'll need to stop by for a tour and to see the showroom when it's done Smilie
    Current EDC: S25 (BlkHyc)
    Current Closet: BB (Blk/Blk/Blk), SA (Blk/Blk/Iberian), UMP (Blk), TT(Island)
    Owner of All Day Ruckoff

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just learned today that I will be going to Seattle in January (and leaving the airport this time). YAY! I'm excited at the prospect of seeing the new Factory Showroom!

Seattle area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darn it! I guess my recent weekly visits there while bringing coworkers and my wife will have to be put on hold after this week. Smilie

I bought a Pilot(2 if you include my wife's) and all the fixings along with my coworkers who bought Cafe Bags.

-rczip aka Charles (

The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllDayRuckoff View Post
    Exciting! I'll need to stop by for a tour and to see the showroom when it's done Smilie
    That would be fun! And our goal is to offer quick tours of the factory once the showroom is open again. Tom gives the best factory tours, so I think I’m going to shadow him when he gives his next tour and madly type notes that the rest of us could use to make sure we remember all the really interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    I just learned today that I will be going to Seattle in January (and leaving the airport this time). YAY! I'm excited at the prospect of seeing the new Factory Showroom!
    Yay! Now the pressure is on: I hope the remodel turns out to be as good as we think it will be. Really, it’s going to be quite modest and designed to show off our factory and our bags more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by rczip View Post
    Darn it! I guess my recent weekly visits there while bringing coworkers and my wife will have to be put on hold after this week. Smilie

I bought a Pilot(2 if you include my wife's) and all the fixings along with my coworkers who bought Cafe Bags.

-rczip aka Charles (
    I don’t think we’ll be starting the messier part of the remodel until about 2-3 weeks from now. If, in the meantime, you’d like to come by, emailus@tombihn.com to make an appointment. Smilie

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Seattle area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really, it’s going to be quite modest and designed to show off our factory and our bags more than anything else.
    Anything that can make it easier to show off Tom Bihn bags to my family and friends sounds great to me! I am thinking of getting some gift certificates for my brother-in-law and other family members for Christmas and birthdays so being able to show them off more will really help.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know you could tour the factory! I did make a detour and visited the TB shop in Dec, but only peeked at the factory. I thought there was some kind of sign that said tours were not given. I figured it had to do with proprietary secrets and that you didn't want people getting too close.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the showroom going to be open during the block party this Friday afternoon?
    https://m.evensi.com/2015-modern-des...age/152676705#

The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything that can make it easier to show off Tom Bihn bags to my family and friends sounds great to me! I am thinking of getting some gift certificates for my brother-in-law and other family members for Christmas and birthdays so being able to show them off more will really help.
    Aw that’s cool! I am glad you like what we make so much that you’re excited to recommend it to your family and friends. Smilie

Quote Originally Posted by kgm View Post
    I didn't know you could tour the factory! I did make a detour and visited the TB shop in Dec, but only peeked at the factory. I thought there was some kind of sign that said tours were not given. I figured it had to do with proprietary secrets and that you didn't want people getting too close.
    We’ve offered tours on and off during the past few years. Mostly not in the past couple of years because there’s been a lot of new stuff we’ve been working on (new colors, designs, etc) that we didn’t want people to see before it debuted. And that’s still going to be the case when the showroom re-opens. We’re talking about ways we can give a brief tour that maybe doesn’t walk through the factory and instead offers a way to see everything that’s happening while we talk about the flow/how things work/how bags are made.

Quote Originally Posted by DumplingTherapy View Post
    Is the showroom going to be open during the block party this Friday afternoon?
    https://m.evensi.com/2015-modern-des...age/152676705#
    The showroom will close at 3pm this Friday and we won’t be open for the block party, though I am sure you’ll see some of us wandering around and enjoying some of the tasty food from all of the food trucks that will be here!

Forum Member
    Southeastern NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vouch for Tom giving an excellent tour. He was kind enough to take my wife and I around the factory 2-3 years ago. He was with us for quite a long time explaining how things got done, the organizational aspect of the factory and his design philosophy. We also briefly talked out our respective favorite bags. This was just a few weeks before aubergine was introduced. It was hard to not show us the fabric as bunches of bags were in various stages of construction in the factory. We, of course, were sworn to secrecy.

Sweden
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE the picture on the blog. Safety glasses and tools..... ready to tear something down.Wink
    Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBute View Post
    I LOVE the picture on the blog. Safety glasses and tools..... ready to tear something down.Wink
    Couldn't agree more... that picture is amazing!
    Current EDC: S25 (BlkHyc)
    Current Closet: BB (Blk/Blk/Blk), SA (Blk/Blk/Iberian), UMP (Blk), TT(Island)
    Owner of All Day Ruckoff

Seattle area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the remodel going? Any tidbits you're able to share?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the remodel going? Any tidbits you're able to share?
    Well... being the creative types we are, we've changed our minds yet again about the store because we think we've come up with an even better idea than the last one. And as that could happen again, I don't want to say anything until we've finalized things. Stick Out Tongue

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Well... being the creative types we are, we've changed our minds yet again about the store because we think we've come up with an even better idea than the last one. And as that could happen again, I don't want to say anything until we've finalized things. Stick Out Tongue
    How about a Traveling BihnMobile, like the BookMobile?! It seems to be a very creative time at the company - must be an exciting environment to be in.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast