Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calendar Planning App

I usually plan my trips using individual month calendar pages. But I'm trying to cut down on paper.

Does anyone know of a basic calendar/planner app that shows full months and does not have to sync with my current Ipad calendar? It has to be easy to input and delete. Free is best. Thanks.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just use Google calendar for everything. Simple.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Google Calendar on Ipad.

Although CalenMob, which Apple suggests to use to access Google Calendar, seems to do the job.
    Last edited by Frank II; 09-05-2015 at 02:35 PM.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Google calendar does sync with ipad, although you said it didn't have to sync.

west coast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use iCal. Are you trying to sync with Google Calendar?

Separately, I've heard good things about Sunrise, though I haven't tried it myself. Free, so maybe worth a look.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sunr...599114150?mt=8

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Pocket Informant, which has both iPad and IPhone versions and gives you multiple views including full month. I find it reasonably easy to input events and easy to delete events (select event, tap delete, confirm, so I don't find I delete things by accident). I got it when it was either free or discounted; I'm not sure what the cost is regularly.

It can be used as a standalone calendar but it syncs with Google Calendar if that is of interest. I assume it syncs with iCal (haven't tried it myself), though you said that was not of interest to you. It has other functions (contacts, tasks, etc) that are easy to ignore if you don't want to use them.

Forum Member
    Colorado
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the built in Calendar app?

For more robust use, look at Fantastical 2.

It's on the Mac & iOS.

Forum Member
    Upstate NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastical is... well, fantastic. I am a bit of a calendar obsessive person and use it on my iPhone and Mac. The iPhone version is by far the best iOS calendar app as far as I am concerned, and I have bought and tried almost all of them. It's well worth the modest purchase price.

On the Mac, however, if you are looking to purchase one calendar app I'd recommend Busy Cal... not quite as pretty as Fantastical, but it has every feature imaginable, it's easy to use and works flawlessly.

Both apps I mentioned sync perfectly with Google calendars, Apple calendars, exchange calendars, Apple reminders, etc. and they handle multiple calendars very well.

Quote Originally Posted by rafoster View Post
    How about the built in Calendar app?

For more robust use, look at Fantastical 2.

It's on the Mac & iOS.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunrise Calendar is a pretty good app and it cross all three platforms (iMac, iPad, and iPhone). I like it and it syncs nicely with the Apple Calendar.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tankcommander1554 View Post
    Sunrise Calendar is a pretty good app and it cross all three platforms (iMac, iPad, and iPhone). I like it and it syncs nicely with the Apple Calendar.
    +1 for Sunrise. It is one of the few that works across platforms
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Forum Member
    Southeastern NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My needs are such that the calendar has to sync across OS X, iOS, Windows and Android devices - for better or worse, Google calendar does that best for me. I tried limiting my self to OS X and iOS devices using iCal and, for me, it never sync'd consistently and did not work at all with the Calendar app which is part of OS X.

New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Sunrise and and CalenMob. I like the look and functionality of Sunrise (ability to add locations and contacts to events/appointments). CalenMob is especially great for those obsessed with Google Calendar (and color-coding) as it is a streamlined and aesthetically-pleasing way to update and view multiple calendars.
    in omnia parata Embarrassment

SCB SSB TT MCB CP DLBP LSB SE SK LS PU P L PT S19