Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: ios 9.1 issues

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ios 9.1 issues

I know there are a lot of apple users here and I have a question.

Ever since I upgraded to ios 9.1 I have been having problems with both my Iphone and IPad mini.

My iphone continually freezes us and either unfreezes in a couple of minutes or I have to try to restart it. It is very difficult to turn on and off.

My ipad mini is very slow, lags when trying to change screens and now the pop-up keyboard comes up whenever I want to type something even though I have an external bluetooth keyboard connected. (It never popped up in the past when the keyboard was connected.)

Has anyone else had problems with the upgrade?
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine mentioned issues with his iPhone 5 similar to what you describe after upgrading to iOS 9.

I haven't noticed issues on the iPhone 6, the iPad Air 2, or the iPad mini 2.

Which iPhone and which iPad mini are you using?

Have you tried resetting it and not restoring your backup? If you do this, do these problems persist? If they don't, try configuring your device manually (rather than restoring the backup).
    -m

Forum Member
    Upstate NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iOS 9.1 works perfectly for me on an iPhone 6, but there are definately issues, especially with older hardware. The linked article provides some tips on how to address this before resorting to a restore of the software. Good luck!

iPhone or iPad slow after updating to iOS 9? 7 Tips to fix it

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an iphone 5 and a mini ipad 2. I think Apple just wants those of us who iphone 5 or older to upgrade to newer phones.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iOS 9 has #%()%$ up my iphone 5C. It's still usable, but the lags drive me insane. I was an idiot for mindlessly hitting the upgrade button all those weeks ago-- no idea what I was thinking at the time.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsteve View Post
    iOS 9.1 works perfectly for me on an iPhone 6, but there are definately issues, especially with older hardware. The linked article provides some tips on how to address this before resorting to a restore of the software. Good luck!

iPhone or iPad slow after updating to iOS 9? 7 Tips to fix it
    For my money, the key tip listed in the linked article is to turn off Background App Refresh for as many apps as possible.

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, @giantsteve. I am so tired of the lag I've been experiencing with my 5. And my podcasts aren't working now, either! Mad

I'll take a look at the article and see if I can smooth things a bit.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My iPhone 5 is fine, I think, but it's my backup phone at the moment and doesn't see much use. I'm headed to Colombia in the morning with it as my only phone, so fingers crossed!

I had similar keyboard issues on my (admittedly ancient) iPad but only with specific apps. In particular Citrix seemed not to want to recognize the external keyboard for more than a few keystrokes before it would pop up the onscreen keyboard. It was really annoying and inconvenient as I was traveling for work sans laptop and using the Citrix app to access my VPN. An update of the Citrix app itself appears to have resolved the issue. That said, my iPad is still running slow, which I have chalked up to old hardware. Seems it may be the software--or at least the software is a contributing factor--based on the above comments.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an iPad Mini (the first retina version, purchased late 2013). I think when I purchased it, it had v.7. It is now running iOS 8 and I'll keep it that way unless there is some compelling reason to change. Once an Apple product is older I research carefully before upgrading, and try to find out what others' experiences have been before committing.

On the other hand, now that you have upgraded to 9, it is possible that later revisions of v.9 will fix some of the issues you are experiencing.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Houston, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ios 9.1

I have an ipad mini 3 as well as a iphone 5s running ios 9.1. So far both are doing fine (using a zagg keyboard to write this post),

Also using the iphone as a hotspot since my service provider is down,

Good luck on your updates.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had trouble with my iPhone 5c. After the update to iOS 9 I had no Wifi or mobile connection anymore.
    The only way that solved the problem was a clean install.