Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help protect Bears, Wolves and Buffaloes (bisons) from slaughter!

In both side of the U.S and Canadian border, people who want our wild lands want to allow culling/hunting/trapping of Bears, Wolves and Buffaloes. Wolves, Bears and Buffaloes are considered Nations in their own rights by First Nations, Native Americans, whose Spiritual Paths have always involved living in harmony with Nature.

Buffaloes, Bears and Wolves have always had a special place in my heart.

Buffalo Field Campaign protects the Buffalo in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. The page below contains the email of the Yellowstone National Park Superintendant and more information about the Buffalo
    Buffalo Field Campaign Weekly Update from the Field 3/3/16

Grizzly Bears, in the U.S, are in danger of being removed from the Endangered Species Act.

There is a White House petition which has been created to prevent that.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//pe...-species-act-1

This is the link to a page from GOAL: Tribal Coalition to Protect the Grizzly, which explains the problem.
    Hey-Bear - Endangered Grizzly Bears | Protect Grizzly Bears

This pages below from a non-profit explains how Wolves are scapegoated for Wood Caribou decline and how Ghost is collared and used to find other Wolves which are slaughtered in front of his eyes. Ghost is then left to fend for himself and being a social creature will seek other Wolves, who will also be killed. I cannot imagine the trauma he is experiencing.
    A Judas Wolf Named Ghost ? Wildlife Defence League

Government contradicts Caribou Recovery Plan worker's statement re: wolf cull tactics, government urged to respond ? Wildlife Defence League

It is "Never Cry Wolf", all over again and, as you might imagine, very stressful to see my wild friends being killed.

I am also fighting against ivory trade and the import of elephants from Swaziland to 3 U.S zoos, which will be very lucrative for humans who owns and manage the reserve as well as zoos brass, but traumatic for the young who have been kidnapped, their families left behind and humans who know that real conservation is done in native range.

I am posting here because I know that many of TB shareholders are animal lovers and those wonderful and beautiful beings can use the help of more advocates.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a fascinating read about wolf reintroduction to Yellowstone.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    This is a fascinating read about wolf reintroduction to Yellowstone.
    I am familiar with the tremendously positive impact wolves have on their ecosystems and since they are the ancestors of the dog, our lives as well.

Thank you for the link.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Swaziland 18 elephants are en route, via plane, to 3 U.S zoos, where they will be further separated forever, in one zoo which gets freezing temperature, the other two are in tornado alley. All 18 could have been relocated to Kruger National Park which is close by in South Africa.

Elephants en route to Omaha, despite activist efforts to block transport | Local News - KETV Home

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help protect Bears, Wolves and Buffaloes (bisons) from slaughter!

This makes me so sad. I don't go to zoos because of things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because people spoke out, Buffaloes (bison) are now in consideration to become an Official American Icon. That status greatly helped with the recovery of the Bald Eagle.

Unfortunately, some want to remove Grizzlies from the Endangered Species list. Please make your voice heard before May 10 2016, at 11:59 PM ET to the link below:
    https://www.regulations.gov/#!docume...2016-0042-0001

One well known collared elderly bear, Scarface, was killed this past year by a negligent hunter, in the Yellowstone National Park ecosystem. If you are so inclined, you can express your outrage at the Yellowstone National Park on their webpage and on social media.

The story has been reported by major media outlets in Russia, France and Italy. Le Parisien is already comparing this killing to Cecil the Lion.

From Le Parisien:

"Etats-Unis : le grizzly Scarface abattu par un chasseur au Yellowstone"
    Ce n'est pas la première fois qu'un animal remarquable est tué par des chasseurs. En octobre dernier, un éléphant âgé de plus de 50 ans et considéré comme un «trésor national» au Zimbabwe, a été abattu par un touriste allemand. L'éléphant avait été tué dans une réserve privée située à proximité du parc national de Gonarezhou, près de la frontière sud-africaine. Trois mois auparavant, la mort du lion Cecil, abattu par un dentiste américain au Zimbabwe, avait suscité de très vives réactions.
    (This is not the first time a remarkable animal is killed by hunters. Last October, an elephant aged over 50 years and considered a "national treasure" in Zimbabwe, was shot by a German tourist. The elephant was killed in a private reserve located near the Gonarezhou National park, near the south African border. Three months ago, the death of Cecil lion shot by an American dentist in Zimbabwe had provoked strong reactions.)
    Last edited by backpack; 05-05-2016 at 12:09 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight is the deadline to comment against removing the American Grizzlies from the Endangered Species List.

Please make your voice heard!

Comment before May 10 2016, at 11:59 PM ET, follow the link below:
    https://www.regulations.gov/#!docume...2016-0042-0001
    Last edited by backpack; 05-10-2016 at 08:19 AM.