Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mouse Help

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mouse Help

Apologies if this is duplicate request for info that is in a different thread. There are times when the trac pad is rather frustrating so I want to get a mouse for my Apple Air13. The reviews for the Magic Mouse 2 are not very encouraging. I can only find the original Magic Mouse as "used" or "refurbished". I am definitely not a techno wiz, so I need something with high compatibility. As far as price point, I love a bargain, but I don't mind paying extra for quality. At this time, I mainly use my laptop locally, so compactness is a convenience but not a huge necessity. Gaming features are not a criteria. Thanks in advance. :-)
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haldo!

I use a Magic Mouse with my MacBook Pro almost every day. Honestly, I can't say it's the smoothest or best mouse I've used for the price. I decided to pick one up to try out gestures on the mouse, as it is pretty innovative in the industry. While I think gestures work fine, I am not really impressed with the fluidity of the mouse. I think you are probably better of with a Logitech mouse if you are looking for something "better." If you want to stick in the Apple Eco system, the Magic Mouse isn't terrible. It just isn't that great in my opinion.

USA Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second Logitech. Their basic mice last forever.
    S19 + DLBP + DLBC + SCB + TT

“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    --Douglas Adams

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cheesefacewoot and Turtlewax--I am not tied to the Apple brand and I had actually spotted the Logitech T631 Ultrathin and found it intriguing but I was wondering if I would be better off with something more basic...Are there any other Logitech models i should consider. :-)
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...se-m310?crid=7

This is a full size mouse which is very very ergonomic. It is compatible with all basic Operating Systems, plug and play and it lasts a very long time.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...se-m185?crid=7

This looks like a smaller mouse with the same ergonomic. Only in grey

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...c-m325c?crid=7
    Look the same as above but in a much more colorful range.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-13-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Backpack..."Easy to use"...Yes! :-)

Decisions, decisions...that colorful one sure looks fun. I appreciate the additional links. Thanks for you time and expertise.
    Last edited by Grandcache; 04-13-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the original Magic Mouse that I use on-the go, but I'll second Logitech for being great mice. I use the Logitech Performance MX on my desktop, but I have big hands. The one consideration you want to make is that you definitely want a bluetooth mouse with the air. My Logitech uses a different radio and requires a little dongle to be plugged into my desktop. You probably don't want to lose one of your USB ports on the air (but then again, that may not be an issue for you!)
    DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing Frown **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandcache View Post
    Thanks, Backpack..."Easy to use"...Yes! :-)

Decisions, decisions...that colorful one sure looks fun. I appreciate the additional links. Thanks for you time and expertise.
    Nealopp has it right, I forgot about the Air lack of multiple USB ports, you might want to check Logitec Bluetooth mouse range.

I don't work for them and my only expertise is experience in studiously avoiding pain, by using things that are the most comfortable, hence Tom Bihn Inc and a couple of other companies whose products I researched thoroughly before I bought them.

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks nealopp and backpack--Fortunately, my 13" air does have multiple USB ports...that feature is one of the reasons I couldn't go with the 11". I ended up ordering the 185--the reviews looked the best on that one. Thanks for all your help...the folks on this forum always seem to be a great resource for sorting things out. :-)

MacBook*Air - Features - Apple

Yikes--I just noticed that now the 11" also has 2 USB3 ports. Must be other people also wanted more than 1 port. :-)
    Last edited by Grandcache; 04-13-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Forum Member
    San Antonio, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is quite informative. I was just surprised when I opened it because for some reason, in my mind, it was going to revolve around someone needing help with a vermin problem, not computer mice. It actually took a few seconds for me to understand it because I had so convinced myself it was going to be abut mice, the mammals. That is all. I need more sleep.... and apparently need to call an exterminator.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn'tmakememadonna,

I was with you... I had ideas already lined up...steel wool, foil, or SOS pads in the holes, etc... Then, OH.

CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look into the Logitech T630. There is a Apple version. Very minimal and Bluetooth mouse. I use this when I travel for work. I like how small it is. I don't have any comfort issues with this mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Wasabi
    Side Effect Black Dyneema/Wasabi
    Aeronaut 45 Burnt Orange/Steel
    Absolute Shoulder Strap
    Travel Laundry Stuff Stack Aeronaut 45 Wasabi
    Vertical Freudian Slip Synapse 25
    Travel Tray Wasabi
    Pilot Navy/Wasabi
    RFID Passport Pouch Iberian
    Spiff Kit Deluxe Northwest Sky Halcyon 200
    Synapse 19 Black Halcyon/Ultraviolet
    Empire Builder
    Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    Chattanooga, TN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandcache View Post
    Apologies if this is duplicate request for info that is in a different thread. There are times when the trac pad is rather frustrating so I want to get a mouse for my Apple Air13. The reviews for the Magic Mouse 2 are not very encouraging. I can only find the original Magic Mouse as "used" or "refurbished". I am definitely not a techno wiz, so I need something with high compatibility. As far as price point, I love a bargain, but I don't mind paying extra for quality. At this time, I mainly use my laptop locally, so compactness is a convenience but not a huge necessity. Gaming features are not a criteria. Thanks in advance. :-)
    I have the Magic Mouse 2 and I've had no complaints, it's a good travel mouse, small for my large hands, but works.

If you want a gaming mouse I'd look into my favorite: Logitech G500

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use nothing but Logitech mice (I work in IT). For my mobile office - a Pilot, BTW - I use this one and love it:

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...ywhere2?crid=7

It's expensive, but the rechargeable batteries last forever and it's just a joy to use. Plus, by using it without the dongle (just making use of the native Bluetooth on your machine) you won't burn a USB port. It's a great product. Try one and I bet you won't go back to cheap(er) mice.

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just throwing this out there: I switched from a mouse to a wacom tablet years ago due to wrist pain, and haven't looked back. You can get a wacom intuos pen and touch for around $99.
    Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast