Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Boulder, Colorado
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gluten-Free and Vegan in Maine

Hoo boy! It has been a WHILE since I've posted here. I've missed you all!

I'm taking a trip to Portland Maine in a few weeks. (I'm so excited! I so rarely go on just-for-fun trips.)

I am strictly gluten-free due to having Celiac, and also I am vegan. Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants I should check out? The GF/vegan combination can be a tricky one to accommodate in some places, so I like to start scoping out places early.

Also, we have no specific plans yet. Any other general suggestions of what we should check out? We'll be renting a car, so we can drive around a little.

I'm so excited!
    Does it come in purple?

Northeast US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug Light! It's a lighthouse in South Portland that offers gorgeous views of downtown Portland. It's one of my favorite spots. Also, Portland is such a walkable city when I lived there eons ago a friend and I used to walk from the top of Munjoy Hill on the East End straight through downtown up to the top of the West End and back again in an afternoon. There's great shops and galleries throughout downtown and the waterfront, I think you'll love exploring.

As for food, I think you'll be able to find some great options. And of course I can't think of any of the names! I'll get back to you on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband has celiac disease. We both enjoyed Bam Bam Bakery (Home | Bam Bam Bakery) in downtown Portland when we were there a couple of years ago. It's a completely gluten free bakery and they do have some vegan items.

Northeast US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Portland. I have family there, so I go a few times a year. My favorite things: ferries! There are ferries to a bunch of islands. Peaks is the closest and has the most people. Others have more trails. Also, I can really recommend a harbor tour. There's one that's about an hour long and shows all the lighthouses and forts. Portland is amazingly well defended!
    Portland Head is an amazingly picturesque lighthouse. Worth seeing both by land and water.
    Bath has a really cool maritime museum.
    There are so many trails and island walks. I love Portland.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    Just up the coast is LL Bean in Freeport, Maine. Freeport has lots of outlet stores, too.

I was a tour guide further up the coast. If you are going to be visiting Port Clyde, Rockland, Rockport, Camden, Belfast, Bucksport, Ellsworth, Bar Harbor, Southwest Harbor, or Acadia National Park, I can make suggestions for activities and places to visit. Since the drive to Bar Harbor is more than four hours, I'd suggest two nights in or near Bar Harbor to give a full day to visit the Island and Acadia National Park. The other option would be a flight to Bangor and a one hour drive to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.

If you don't have that much time, there is plenty to do in or near Portland. Enjoy your trip! elisa