Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you carrying? The June/July/August 2016 Edition

preemptive apologies to those folks in the Southern Hemisphere, who are probably going to be very sick of us complaining about summer heat. *passes hot cocoa and cookies*

We've done these in the past and I thought it would be fun to bring it back, especially since there have been so many new bag/color releases since the last time. If this is your first time playing, just reply to this thread with your answers to the following:

1. What bag are you carrying?
    2. What are you reading?
    3. What are you listening to?
    4. What are you watching?
    5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking?
    6. Besides bags, are there things you like to collect?
    7. What are your summer travel plans? -or- What travel is on the horizon for you?

and special thanks to @badger to whom all credit for this post should go since I totally copied it from their winter version Smilie
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most days I'm still alternating between my Aubergine/Steel Maker's Bag and a Swift but for now the Nordic/Steel one has been taking a back seat to Aubersky. Since it's summer all the backpacks (S25,S19, and daylight) are in the rotation too. And, of course, I've always got my trusty Aubergine/UV SE with me.

2. What are you reading?
    I recently finished 32 Yolks which was fantastic. Now I'm slowly (not because it's bad but because I don't want it to end) reading The Velvet Hours by Alyson Richman.

Lots of Adele--much to my hubby's dismay and audiobooks although I need to start a new one and can't decide. Any recs?

Outlander!

Lots of iced coffee, and anything with avocados.

Like always books and yarn, but since the last time we did this I've also apparently started to collect fountain pens. A habit which I'm 100% blaming on this forum, lol!

7. What are your summer travel plans? -or- What travel is on the horizon for you?
    No summer travel plans for me but I might be going to Baltimore in the fall.

San Diego
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a shop bag as my daily tote and it always has water and knitting.

2. What are you reading?
    A bunch of books but currently focusing on The Willpower Instinct.

Spotify

OITNB but not really into it

Water, water, water, and salads

Yarn, lego mini-figures

We are going to Great Wolf Lodge (for my daughter,) North Carolina this summer and Maui in the late fall.

Forum Member
    Mississippi
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Halcyon Makers Bag with black halcyon SE with COW. I am enjoying this SE so much more than last time I had one. I keep my little umbrella, wallet and meds in it so I can take it in anywhere. Just got some shop bags and am putting everything in them.

2. What are you reading?
    I am taking some classes this summer, so most of my reading is involving urban communities. I did choose to read The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson before my classes started and really really enjoyed it.

Whatever is on my phone, mostly 80s with some new mixed in-One Republic, Vance Joy and Ray LaMontagne.

Just watched The Night Manager again, and finished up How I Met Your Mother with my oldest.

Not much. Kind of hooked on Pioneer Womans sour cream bake. Its easy and good.

Yarns, books, clothes and the little wooden stacking dolls (and art supplies. all of the things.)

Going to north Alabama Sunday because my mother in law is having a double bypass. Going to China for two weeks in July.
    Last edited by aklecamp; 06-24-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Forum Member
    the Puget Sound Region
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Red Blend DLBP and an original Halcyon SE. On weekends I switch to my Red Blend SCB or my black MCB.

2. What are you reading?

Books on coding for children, NPCs, and some textbooks

Ludovico Einaudi and Joe Hisaishi

the Walking Dead and Voltron (The Netflix reboot)

Water. Lots of water. Need to stay hydrated! Am also eating a lot of cherries lately. Mmmm~

Traveler Journals! And pens. I love pens. Actually, I just love stationary good in general.

I don't plan to go too far, due to concerns at home, but PAX West is something I plan to attend. My sister and I are already discussing how we plan to use our bags to stay on the floor more often and in comfort. Wink

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, @jess, for getting this thread going! It's one of my favorites.

All the Nordic! Usually a cafe bag -- size varies depending on what I'm doing that day. Today I have the LCB because I didn't need to bring extra stuff so no second bag. Work bag rotates between the Nordic/UV Swift, Nordic/UV Maker's Bag, and Nordic/NWS DLBC. As I said, all the Nordic :-) Also my Aubergine/Wasabi NFTD does duty as a gym bag.

2. What are you reading?

Beach novels (think Mary Kay Andrews and Elin Hilderbrand) and Scandinavian crime fiction.

NPR and knitting podcasts.

Nothing -- I don't really do TV and I can't do movies right now since the TV/guest room is still a mess from the toilet flood we had in May (fun times).

Caprese salad, what the Germans call "Abendbrot," and lots of Rosť since it's too hot for anything else.

All the yarn.

Just returned from two weeks in Iceland/Germany/France and am planning to trip to Toronto in July (to visit @peregrina!) and a weekend in Minneapolis for Labor Day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My newly found best bag ever, the SCB. In either Navy/Steel or Grey/Olive (I have 2)

2. What are you reading?
    Star of Africa by Scott Mariani

Battlefield Earth on Audiobook which was just released. Just loaded up my new iPhone 6S plus with lots of audiobooks

Just got into Orange is the new Black

Water. I'm on a health kick. And Gin and Tonics.

Notebooks. Midori travellers notebook is my current favourite.

Away this weekend at Center Parcs in the UK and it very warm. Hurray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rotating between my Nordic DLBC, Nordic/UV MB, and Old Nordic/Steel Swift. Using either my Nordic/NWS SE or Black 3DOC as my purse or bag-in-bag.

2. What are you reading?

Chateau of Secrets by Melanie Dobson

Lots of MSNBC

More MSNBC.

Lots of fruit/veggie smoothies with oatmeal. Iced green tea and water.

"Stand" hours on my Apple Watch

NJ/NYC trip in late July to see my sisters and some of their kids. Back to CA in August for my father's 80th birthday.

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post

NJ/NYC trip in late July to see my sisters and some of their kids.
    and to see @me too right?!?! Big Grin

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    and to see @me too right?!?! Big Grin
    You betcha!

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of Adele--much to my hubby's dismay and audiobooks although I need to start a new one and can't decide. Any recs?
    I love audio books!! Have you listened to "The luminaries"? One of my favourites over the past two years!

Also 'The Secret Fate of Mary Watson', anything by Tim Winton, Phyne Fisher mysteries are very light but fun (I prefer to listen to them then read them), 'The Amber Fury' (wonderful Scottish accents)!

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    preemptive apologies to those folks in the Southern Hemisphere
    Thanks for the thought! Any chance we can retitle this "what are you carrying? The June/July edition"? I love these and like that people reply regardless of hemisphere, but it would be nice to make it more obviously inclusive.

As I sit here drinking hot tea, fire blazing, wrapped in blankets and still freezing. Yes, I'm very wimpy about the cold...

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WINTER is here edition

Aub/was swift which I love and use daily. I so miss a cross body bag, but just can't go back to my MCB as I am now used to the bucket dump-it-all-in swift! With various stuff sacks, OPs and a COW.

2. What are you reading?
    'Freedom' by Jeremy Frantzon, which I am captivated by and stayed up too late reading last night, but not sure I enjoy it. I just finished 'The Paying Guests' by Sarah Waters which I loved.

Audiobook - Bill Bryson, One Summer. And still getting over that this is what he sounds like. Somehow I 'pictured' him with a very different accent.

'The Great British Bake-Off' old episodes as a great whole family show. Inspiring lots of baking too which suits the season. Meant to be watching Game of Thrones but hard to stay away late enough. I'll get to it eventually so please no spoilers!

Lots of cakes. See above.

Is there anything else except TB?

See the opera in Brisbane in a few weeks. My daughter is going to the snow next week with school and using my aubergine aeronaut 45.

Toronto, ON Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alternate between SCB in Black Halcyon and SE in original Black Halcyon

2. What are you reading?
    City of Thorns by Ben Rawlence and lots of mysteries

CBC

Preacher and catching up on movies now that hockey is over.

Lots of different salads, Rosť and Cider.

Books, books, books

Nothing this summer so far. Travelling to St. Martin in December

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    Thanks for the thought! Any chance we can retitle this "what are you carrying? The June/July edition"? I love these and like that people reply regardless of hemisphere, but it would be nice to make it more obviously inclusive.

As I sit here drinking hot tea, fire blazing, wrapped in blankets and still freezing. Yes, I'm very wimpy about the cold...
    Good point. I'd totally rename it if I could but it won't let me...maybe an admin can do it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast