Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamins/Supplements in a Carry-On (EU)

Does anyone know the protocol for bringing vitamins/supplements in your carry-on in the EU? Is a pill sorter (so not in their original container) ok? Info online seems to be dated and airlines talk about prescriptions. The TSA says they are permitted, but just concerned about international travel.
    Specifically I will be travelling from JFK to Copenhagen, then Amsterdam, onto London Gatwick and back. I also have a prescription asthma inhaler but have the original box labeled with the script, and otc cold remedies in original blister packs. It's the supplements I am interested in, and I don't want to take individual bottles. It would be about 3 supplements per day for 10-12 days. Thanks in advance for any advice/insight that you may provide!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the time, customs in Europe is a walk through. Go through the green door. For that few pills, no one is going to give you a hard time. I travel for 8-10 weeks at a time with prescription and over the counter meds. I have never been stopped in Europe. Only once the security at Heathrow was interested in one of my prescriptions but only because the bottle wasn't clear and they couldn't see inside.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, @FrankII. That's what I was hoping to hear. I could not find anything definitive, so real world experience is a big help.