Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wedding gift for my sister & her fiance, honeymooning in Iceland?

I bet all you TB forum member will have some awesome ideas.

I'm looking for a wedding gift for my sister and her fiance. They don't have a "stuff" registry, just a page for contributing money to their honeymoon--which I wouldn't mind doing, but I'd prefer to surprise them with a gift they'll love.

They are in their late 20s, live in NYC. They are nerdy & frugal. They are vegetarians and like cooking, cycling, travel, and board games. They are honeymooning in Iceland (in October!).

I'm hoping to spend $100, but I'd go up to $150 for something I knew they'd really love. I would get them some TB goodies, but I could only afford smaller accessories on my budget, and I'm not sure they'd be as excited about those as I would.

Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This first thing that came to mind for their activities is the Daylight Backpack, but two would be a bit over budget. How about a contribution to their honeymoon trip and then give them each a Travel Tray? Do a search to see how enthusiastic folks are about the TT and how varied the uses.

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the suggestion of travel trays for each of them. Everyone I've bought one for loves it, and you can use them traveling and at home. I haven't bought a shop bag for anyone yet, but all my family threaten to steal mine, and the clerks at Trader Joe's eye them longingly every time I'm there. I love taking the small one on travel. Smilie
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the TT, you might tuck in a pair of light cushion merino hiking socks. I guess if they're opposed to wool this would be a horrible suggestion, but if they're okay with it, good socks cannot be overlooked. The three things I was most grateful for when I was in Iceland was a sturdy rain jacket, my Daylight Backpack, and merino wool socks. My favorite brands are Darn Tough, Smartwool, and Patagonia; they run about $20/pair and should last for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Maybe a collection of small surprises? A game (Superfight?), a pair of merino hiking socks for each of them, CORE Bars or Lara Bars for snacking on the plane or in Iceland, two insulated travel mugs that can be used for water or hot tea/coffee and a couple of good travel umbrellas?
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is unrelated to the gift idea, but, @Darcy, I never knew of the game Superfight, but I will now gift it to everyone I have ever met. Amazing! Thanks.

As for the gift, I suggest TT or Medium double organizers for each of them--both are super handy for travel, and for general life!

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wedding gift for my sister & her fiance, honeymooning in Iceland?

Based on their love of board games, I think there is an opportunity for a really nice travel games pack.

I don't mean one of those all in one boxed things which aren't really that travel friendly and certainly not hand luggage friendly.

I've seen (and previously owned) a really high quality fabric roll up chess/backgammon reversible mat with pieces. Something that travels really easily in hand luggage with no plastic/wooden sharp edges. Couple that with some hand made wooden dice and you have a very luxurious, but simple travel games set which will last a long time and get lots of use.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)