Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love 'eats, shoots and leaves'!

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Life after life is amazing. Or at least that is how I felt about it.

Colorado Springs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. CArrying a Pilot and pencil case gift for a new teaching job, but must graduate to my Zephyr to carry all the materials.
    2. WISH I were reading Louise Penny! But must review potential textbooks.

Will skip the other questions to finish my lesson. (Naughty teacher.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag(s) are you carrying? Original Halcyon/NW Sky DLBC
    2. What are you reading? It's About Time (Quick Response Manufacturing)
    3. What are you listening to? Classic rock mostly
    4. What are you watching? Narcos Season 1, then 2
    5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking? lots of scones
    6. What travel is on the horizon for you? Lake Chelan, Salt Lake City
    7. And, since it's the back to school edition, what is something you would like to learn more about? Finance
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema DLBC and DLBP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes.

Atlanta, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag(s) are you carrying?
    S25 for daily commute. New black halcyon large shop bag for groceries/errands/moving bulky stuff. I bought and returned two 200d shop bags and could not understand the love. Something about the heavier fabric makes this bag work for me. Love it and use it near daily.

2. What are you reading?
    Death Masks by Jim Butcher, book 5 in the Dresden Files. It's been a couple of years since I last read this series.

3. What are you listening to?
    As always, sports talk radio.

4. What are you watching?
    Sports: US Open Tennis. GO SERENA!!! 23 or bust!
    TV: I've been told from umpteen people that I need to watch Narcos, Power, Mr. Robot, and Stranger Things. I'm quitting my job later this month, but am very afraid to use my newfound free time binge watching shows. EEK!

5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking?
    Cooking: Black Bean and Chicken Soup
    Baking: Sugar cookies, Snickerdoodles, and cinnamon and sugar pita chips. I'm on a cinnamon and sugar kick lately.
    Drinking: I only drink two beverages: water and hot chocolate. I recently went dairy free-ish (dairy lite?) so now it's vegan hot chocolate. It sounds horrid but no one who has taken a sip can tell it's dairy free.

6. What travel is on the horizon for you?
    None, but that's gotta change ASAP. I'm feeling nostalgic to re-visit some US cities, especially Boston, NYC, Honolulu, San Fran, Denver and Austin.

7. And, since it's the back to school edition, what is something you would like to learn more about?
    I want to shake the rust off my Spanish and become fluent.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

USA Midwest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it is back to school, my S19 has been enlisted to tote my gear around.

2. What are you reading?

Programming books for work and textbooks for my courses. Someday I will have enough time to get back to my casual reading.

Lately, lots of Mystery Skulls and Watsky. Also rediscovering my love for David Bowie.

I don't watch movies or shows, but I do play video games. Played a little Diablo III the other night.

Peet's coffee. Still looking for a local roaster.

Georgia in November! Hooray!

7. And, since it's the back to school edition, what is something you would like to learn more about?

Just handwriting and code writing for the moment. Smilie
    S19 + DLBP + DLBC + SCB + TT

“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    --Douglas Adams

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alternating between LS/Swift/MCB/non-TB
    ALWAYS my SE in whatever I carry.

2. What are you reading?
    Re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as part of a re-read of the series. Always good fun.
    Just started Summerlong by Peter S. Beagle (a fav author) and loving it.
    Also on and off reading The Passage by J. Cronin at my cousin's recommendation. Jury still out there, but shows promise.

The Turn of the Screw on Audible read by Emma Thompson--seriously amazing. Her voice is the BEST.
    Eddie From Ohio

Gilmore Girls! Re-watch of series before the new A Year in the Life debuts in November.
    Looking for a new series--any suggestions for fall stuff coming up?

Drinking amaretto sours and cider
    Baking sweets, and cooking...reservations!

Girls weekend to CT this fall
    Trip back to college town for reunion for grad school

Japan, as my 9 yr old son is currently very interested, and I love the idea of taking him there on a trip.

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daylight backpack (grey) with a 13" MBP cache and Magic Mouse pouch inside as my personal item for a work trip bright and early tomorrow morning.

2. What are you reading?
    What I am reading: The Traitor's Story by Kevin Wignall; what I should be reading: When Breath Becomes Air (an assignment for work).

St. Paul and the Broken Bones, Mayer Hawthorne, JR JR, and James Vincent McMorrow... and the new episode of Thinking Sideways tomorrow.

I finished up Stranger Things, and don't have anything else immediately in the queue, but I'm mining this thread for suggestions!

Not cooking because I cleaned my fridge out in advance of my work trip and am polishing off leftovers, but I'm drinking an okay Sauv Blanc.

San Francisco tomorrow (work), Boston the week of Sept. 19 (visiting BFF), and I hope NYC in October to see some of the Breaking Bard film series at MOMA.

I would love to learn another language, or become fluent in one I studied in my youth.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it's still warm, I've downsized from my trusty black Imago to a Nordic halcyon side effect, and i switched work bags from a brain bag to a black halcyon/UV S25, which turns out is my holy grail backpack! I just de stashed all my other TB backpacks via eBay over the past couple weeks (except the DLBP, handy for marsupial packing!)

2. What are you reading?
    Lots of things that are probably hella boring to most. currently have a stack from the library consisting of w. Edwards deming and some books on learning SQL and VBA programming to make some of my more tedious, manual work tasks a little less so.

still keeping killer Mike / run the jewels / deftones / trail of dead on constant rotation, and peppering in some other things here and there (katatonia, old radiohead, newer Kendrick Lamar, and a huge smattering of rando singles I've amassed over the years). also have really been enjoying oceansize's frames, which my other half got me hooked on when we went on vacation in May. It was on constant repeat the entire trip and I wasn't mad about that.

just finished re-watching six feet under for the third time and WHY DID I DO THAT?! it's so good but I was a wreck for like three solid days after, even though I knew exactly how it ended. As for movies, I made the schlep to Iowa city to see hunt for the wilderpeople and don't think twice over the past few weeks, and I might go again to see Morris from America on Sunday.

mostly trying (and sorta succeeding) to not let any of our CSA goodies go to waste. still chipping away at the mammoth supply of strawberry jam I made earlier in the summer (hoping it will last until the next strawb season, but not gonna hold my breath because it's THAT good!). as for dranks, I'm still pounding water like it's my job, but hot tea season's approaching! VARIETY!

Three separate trips, six flights, 20+ hours in the car within a 17 day span coming up soon. Quick jaunt to SWMO for a quasi-family gathering in a couple weeks, home for exactly one day, then off to Denver for 36 hours for work, then home for a week, and off again, to NYC for a day, then Philadelphia to visit some of my favorite humans on this here earth. I'm gonna try and do them all with my S25 only. The work trip might be a challenge due to needing to bring my computer and safety gear (including gigantic steel toe boots with equally gigantic metatarsal guards slapped on top, so I'll definitely want to pack a second pair of shoes), but it's totally doable.

mostly covered in the reading section! I suppose I'm trying to good will hunting an MBA (educating myself further with a library card and a few bucks in fines rather than sitting through formal classes, which is Not A Good Educational Fit for your ol' pal here), albeit not completely intentionally, just embracing my nerdiness extra hard.
    Last edited by capncat; 09-07-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Forum Member
    Peachtree Corners, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCSBs in several colors, and occasionally a MCB. I'm doing a lot of travelling right now and using the PCSB as packing cubes means I have a lot of options when I get where I'm going.

2. What are you reading?
    I just finished the Hildegarde Withers series by Stuart Palmer, and now I'm going back and reading Gladys Mitchell's Dame Beatrice books. And some locked-room stuff.

Whatever whichever son has on my radio at the time.

Forensic Files

Trying to drink more water, but I got spoiled with carbonated water before one of the kids took the Soda Stream back to school. Now plain water just seems blah.

I just got back from Houston, then it's Houston and Boston in October, and Baltimore in December.

I would love to become conversationally fluent in Irish.
    Navy/Iberian: A30, A45, Swift, SE Linen/Navy: SCB Olive/Burnt Orange: SCB Navy: DLBP Coyote/Navy: MF Verde/Ultraviolet: SE

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag(s) are you carrying? Currently my new Nordic MCB for weekdays, and during lots of business travel recently, I have been using my black halcyon/wasabi Maker's bag for all day meetings (love it!)

2. What are you reading? I just finished a fantastic book, The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics, which details the University of Washington team's amazing journey to the Olympics.

3. What are you listening to? I have been taking advantage of a Sirius XM trial, alternating the many choices

4. What are you watching? Not too much tv, though I may start the new season of Narcos soon. I need to look for some new series...

5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking? I cannot believe that I had never tried cold brewed coffee until fairly recently, given how much coffee there is in Seattle. Now I am hooked on sampling it at the many local roasters. And now that it is changing to sterotypical cooler Seattle weather, I may start pulling out the heartier food and soup recipes.

6. What travel is on the horizon for you? I have already traveled almost 5 weeks this summer for work, so I am hoping to have some down time. I am headed to Portland soon (not far), perhaps Idaho at some point, and I am hoping to get out backpacking soon. Perhaps I can even make it to a local hut or interesting locale.

7. And, since it's the back to school edition, what is something you would like to learn more about? I always enjoy trying new recipes and learning to be a better cook. And I would like to to become more proficient with my camera and its various settings. I love taking photos, but I have never had a photography course.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 09-08-2016 at 07:47 AM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Bishop's Stortford, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently mixing it up between a Co-Pilot when I just need the basics and my new Burnt Orange Brain Bag when I need to carry an entire office. Grey Medium Café Bag for recreation.

2. What are you reading?

Working my way through Ben Hope series of thrillers by Scott Mariani. Only started a few days ago and on book 3 already.

A vast variety but do find myself coming back to the Lumineers recently.

New series of Cold Feet in the UK was quite fun. Otherwise keeping up with Suits and Fear the Walking Dead when time allows.

Haven't had time to do any special cooking recently but really enjoying the Beerbods weekly beer tasting. Opened up a whole new world of Citra hops to me :-) If anyone needs a referral code please PM me.

Orlando in October for a week and New York City later in the year. Bringing out the A45 for these trips.

Not the most exciting subject but I’m looking to enhance my knowledge and certification in Occupational Health and Safety.

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love these questions. It's fun seeing how everyone responds!

1. What bag(s) are you carrying? Currently my DLBP in Nordic

2. What are you reading? I'm reading a devotional called Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst and I'm enjoying the lull between Kidnapped by Stevenson and Jane Eyre for my high school lit class. Oh, and grammar books (more on that later)

3. What are you listening to? Lately it's been my Jack Johnson station on Pandora

4. What are you watching? College football, if anything. I don't watch much TV. Oh, and the kids convinced me to take up Dr. Who. I'm starting the second season with the 10th doctor. I'm mourning the loss of Rose.

5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking? Today will be homemade chicken tacos. I roast the birds in the oven, pluck the meat off their bones and then cook it all day in a reduction on the stove top. I enjoy margaritas very much, but mostly I consume English Breakfast tea in great quantities.

6. What travel is on the horizon for you? I'm heading to Orlando for a weekend long knitting/spinning retreat next week. Can't wait!

7. And, since it's the back to school edition, what is something you would like to learn more about? Right now I'm loving all things grammar. I'm working with my son on his Latin, reading grammar books with abandon, and listening to Between You and Me in Audible.
    Last edited by Mausermama; 09-08-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a Lead's pocket inside my Original Halcyon LCB right here beside me as I type... Great set-up for me. Have a DLBP flattened into the bottom of my suitcase waiting for #6 and will take a Nordic halcyon PCSB as my personal bag.

2. What are you reading?

The Case has Altered, Martha Grimes...love a good mindless mystery with quirky characters; Matisse and Picasso in Montmartre, Sue Ross...love a good social history of different artistic/cultural movements and time periods; The Road to Little Dribbling, Bill Bryon...love an intelligently written book that makes me snerk aloud while reading.

Pink Martini; Carrie Newcomer; CBC/NPR

A storm come in...

Cliffhanger espresso by KickingHorse coffee; milk scones; roasted veg salad

Am headed out in a week for another five weeks of English/Spanish translation work in Rome

Oh, where to start?? The science of cooking; the relationship between translation and writing/photography; French; the way the brain works while translating; constellations... Generally speaking, I walk around in a state of wonder and curiosity...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    the way the brain works while translating
    I'm with you on this one. I find it fascinating that there's a transition point where the word becomes the meaning, rather than the word becoming the word that becomes the meaning.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast