Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Forum Member
    Houston, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag(s) are you carrying? Lately it's mostly an Orange 152 SCB - just the right size for my planner, TB wallet, and other odds and ends.

2. What are you reading? Mostly how-to articles for the motor home I just bought.

3. What are you listening to? Whatever is playing in my new favorite coffee shop. Right now it's "Bills" by LunchMoney Lewis.

4. What are you watching? Stranger Things, Brain Dead, Gilmore Girls, and YouTube videos on exciting topics like "How to Sanitize Your Fresh Water Tank" and "How to Empty Your Black Water Tank".

5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking? Today it's Nigella Lawson's Double Potato and Halloumi Bake for a Cook-the-Book potluck lunch. I recently discovered Opihr Gin, so plenty of G&Ts and locally brewed IPAs when I want to switch it up.

6. What travel is on the horizon for you? In October I'll be driving the RV up to Rhinebeck and back for the NY Sheep and Wool Festival. I also just purchased tickets for an early spring trip to Barcelona.

7. And, since it's the back to school edition, what is something you would like to learn more about? I'm trying to learn some basic Spanish before I head to Spain!
    Last edited by Washu; 09-18-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag(s) are you carrying?

Rotating between my Ego (black/steel) for work and my Synapse 19 (navy parapack/Solar) and 25 (Nordic Halcyon/NWS) on the weekends. My Large Cafe Bag (cocoa/wasabi) and Small Cafe Bag (crimson/navy) make it into the rotation in the evenings too.

2. What are you reading?

The Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King. I am a sucker for all things Sherlock Holmes.

3. What are you listening to?

Just finished (as in, this morning) the Harry Potter audiobook series with my kids - I've read and listened to them countless times myself, but sharing them with my kids was like experiencing it again for the first time. We're probably just going to go right back to the first book and start over.

4. What are you watching?

Football!

5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking?

Nothing special, really.

6. What travel is on the horizon?

Going on a road trip to visit my new niece in about a month! And possibly flying to a conference in November.

7. What is something you would like to learn more about?

Teaching adult learners, crochet (I knit a lot, but my crochet skills are extremely basic) and French.

Zamora - Spain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an Aeronaut 30 (Black Halcyon/Wasabi)

2. What are you reading?

I'm reading about buddhism, zen and tao philosophies. Talking about fiction, nowadays am reading Metro 2033 and a collection of short tales from Ray Bradbury (I like dystopias so much)

Some random jazz radio while working, spanish rock rest of the time (this week my Spotify is playing Sinkope, a spanish band)

Nothing... I have no TV, and don't like series too much.

Spanish style pasta is mandatory in my week! I like to drink a smooth wheat beer (Vedett Extra White this month) in the afternoons.

6. What travel is on the horizon for you?

A few days in Budapest in October, other few days in Lanzarote (Canary Islands) in November and almost a month in Laos in January.

7. And, since it's the back to school edition, what is something you would like to learn more about?

I'm learning to solo travel! I've never done it, but my friend and fellow traveller has now a family, so I'm going to start the adventure of solo travelling.
    -- Travelling the world, slowly

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still alternating between my Ristretto and Pilot - both black ballistic nylon - and dreaming of something more colourful!

2. What are you reading?

I just started on "East West Street: On the Origins of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity" by Philippe Sands (a law professor and human rights barrister), after a recommendation from a colleague who heard I will be visiting Krakow soon (with a possible side trip to Auschwitz).

Rediscovering Apple Music - after its recent redesign - to hopefully keep up to date with more of what's modern.

The last thing I watched was TB's fascinating new video last night. I think TB should offer factory tours.

Whatever happens to be open but trying to cut down as the years pass...

Florence this weekend for a wedding followed by a week in Poland for a photo workshop.

7. And, since it's the back to school edition, what is something you would like to learn more about?

Where do I start ?!? There just aren't enough hours in a day. The legal knowledge which I really should have but either forgot or didn't acquire in the first place. Taking up Spanish (after almost 30 years), Chinese (after 10-15 years) or Japanese (after 5 years) again. Techy stuff, e.g. Swift programming and a new DMR radio toy. Photography (I'll never improve if I don't do it in my own time rather than just going on courses).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I am still cycling as much as possible my original Black Halcyon/NWS DLBP with a Black Halcyon/UV SE inside plus some pouches.

2. What are you reading?

Harry Potter y el cáliz de fuego (the 4th Harry Potter book)..I am studying Spanish

CBC Radio one or SRC just depends

A few things: Narcos, Gran Hotel, Happy Valley and Marseille. (Dr Who season nine will be this winter)

Since its fall a robust red, good bye Sauvignon Blanc until next summer, trying lots of Shiraz (see travel notes) and trying to NOT bake too many apple pies since they then have to be eaten!!

My husband and I are heading to Australia for four weeks in November..my longest vacation ever...we will be mostly cycling. Already have test packed and its going to be my original Black Halcyon/UV synapse 25 and my original Black Halcyon/UV pilot with some travel sacs and some aether packing cubes. I am planning on bringing my original Black Halcyon DLBP and my wasabi PCSB for my day bag. I love the original Black Halcyon and am still debating whether I should pick up the Smart Alec in this fabric before it disappears...but I digress.. My husband teases me that even one of our cats is an original Black Halcyon cat since he is a black and which tuxedo cat!!

Well keep working on my Spanish and I am looking at taking an online Calculus course. I love math and even after all these years, I still feel that I left something on the table after my last Calculus class. The Apple Swift playgrounds looks like fun...yes I am that nerdy...so I will probably play around with that too.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    Haraya...

Actually... the back and forth between photography and writing is the translation piece... For me, translation is like seeing/reading/hearing a work of art, or an idea with "beingness" and working so that someone else has a chance to see/hear/understand/behold this "beingness" that has been introduced. I make choices, I look for nuance, listen for tone, pitch, the meaning and the music beneath....

Photography and writing each do that to, for me... they help me to communicate something that has Beingness that I might not otherwise be able to express. They allow me to translate this beingness, feeling, idea, insight, aha...and share it with others. They are mediums and they are languages. And I choose the language depending on what I want to communicate...each one can say things the other can not... much like spoken languages. There are things that can be said in Spanish that I simply can't say in English and vice versa and I find that fascinating... I can come up with a close approximation, but something is missing.

And it is notnotnot an issue of a picture being worth a thousand words... A picture is worth what it speaks on its own and evokes in the person looking at/interacting with it. And words are worth the idea/image communicated and what comes of that for the person speaking/listening/reading/interacting with...

Some first thoughts on it, anyway... Smilie
    A wonderful way to express, the so intangible, yet so present concept of beingness.

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I missed this thread!

My usual Co-Pilot. I don't need a whole lot of room day-to-day.

2. What are you reading?
    I've kind of stalled with it, but I'm reading William Gibson's Blue Ant series. I might just drop it and go straight for The Perhipheral, though.

Hamilton's cast recording, over and over. Other than that, Regina Spektor's Remember Us to Life and sea shanties over ambient wooden ship noises for immersion.

LoadingReadyRun on Youtube and Twitch.

Westerns -- I just finished Once Upon a Time in the West on Sunday. Westworld, the HBO series (I still need to watch the movie).

I finished Stranger Things and am hyped for the next season... next year.

I'm planning to finish up The Get Down on Netflix, and I'm about to begin Luke Cage.

Mostly steak & potatoes and salmon & corn. I did make baked ziti and homemade breadsticks for my wife's birthday.

I'm impatiently awaiting wintertime for some good seasonal porters and stouts, but I had good Goses (Gosen?) from both Two Beers (Gose to the Limit) and Prairie Brewing (Prairie Flare).

I just got back from a week in Oklahoma for a friend's wedding and my old FLGS's charity event (we only raised about $500 online, but over $2000 in the store for the Children's Hospital Foundation!). Nothing else until Spring/Summer.

Everything. If I have to narrow it down, though, probably board and tabletop game design. Luckily, I'm in the right city to do it!
    Last edited by MatthewR; 10-17-2016 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Bold Questions

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4