Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for reference, the Gerber Dime is roughly the size of my index finger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cave of caerbannog
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a maybe 2 inch swiss knife type item that I found in a parking lot - a promotional item hence the promo logo on it......just has the basics, scissors, knife, file, screwdriver heads.

Funny story - was going through the metal detectors/security persons at an arena......my little item made it through since it was buried in my too big purse. A friend's father had to take his back to his car - same size swiss knife item. He only had his in his pocket......
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
    be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to high jack this thread but I'm trying to find a compact pocket friendly (aka won't poke a hole in my clothing) screwdriver and/or ratchet tool that either has a fixed Phillips #3 bit or features the ability to accept common size bits. I'd prefer a folding tool or one with a minimal slim profile as I'll be carrying it in my jacket pocket when snowboarding. It seems that most multi-tools don't feature Phillips #3 which is really the only screwdriver type I need. Any suggestions? Thanks Smilie

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been carrying these for a while now and they are great for what they are!
    They are really nicely made and a lot tougher than I thought they could be for the size.

The 1/4" bit model is flat with the bit removed too.

I think the brand is Titan?
    I got them in the U.S. at Northern Tool.

Last edited by AVService; 11-09-2016 at 04:48 AM.

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that any of this will be helpful for you, but thought I'd share. I use this 6-in-1 Swiss Tech key multi-tool. It is very small and a bit hard to open, but it has come in handy many times. I've also been successful getting it through TSA for travel, where it has been most useful.

However, I've never used the bottle opener because the blades are actually very sharp. It's a bit awkward and requires some trial and error to use it efficiently. But when you need a small blade or a screwdriver, it works well.

I carry a TSA-friendly corkscrew when I travel and a separate bottle opener in my EDC. I have never been successful using the corkscrews on multi-tools. They're just too short.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flips712 View Post
    Not to high jack this thread but I'm trying to find a compact pocket friendly (aka won't poke a hole in my clothing) screwdriver and/or ratchet tool that either has a fixed Phillips #3 bit or features the ability to accept common size bits. I'd prefer a folding tool or one with a minimal slim profile as I'll be carrying it in my jacket pocket when snowboarding. It seems that most multi-tools don't feature Phillips #3 which is really the only screwdriver type I need. Any suggestions? Thanks Smilie
    Sorry I forgot to quote you in my reply.

Up There

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I don't think it hits all your needs, ive just funded this kickstarter for a general lightweight multi tool. Won't match a leather man extra but as an emergency, always have with me, I think it could work.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...for-everyday-c

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=AVService;133586]

Are these the tools you're talking about? They look pretty compact. Would you be willing to provide some info or shots for size reference?

TITAN - 11202 Micro bit driver and ratchet
    TITAN - 11203 Looks like they also come in offset

Not familiar with the brand, but looks decent!
    Last edited by squaredot; 11-10-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=squaredot;133604]
    Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post

Are these the tools you're talking about? They look pretty compact. Would you be willing to provide some info or shots for size reference?

TITAN - 11202 Micro bit driver and ratchet
    TITAN - 11203 Looks like they also come in offset

Not familiar with the brand, but looks decent!
    They are sitting on a 3"x5" index card in my pic as a reference!

Forum Member
    Denver, CO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My original multi tool is The Leatherman Wave that I now keep in a ballistic holster in my glove box.

For travel, in my back pack and if I need to carry it, it's The Leatherman Charge Ti. Excellent, lighter weight, reliable and rock solid.

Forum Member
    NJ, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flips712 View Post
    The leatherman skeletool accepts bits and is fairly compact and lightweight. But I don't know if I'd carry it skiing, at least not in my jacket (would be perfect if you ride with a pack though). When I was snowboarding (went back to skis after a couple of seasons), I carried a small tool, I think Burton made it....not sure if they still make some thing like that.

Forum Member
    NJ, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there's one tool that does everything. I carry a SAK (climber 2 usually), and a leatherman skeletool with their bit set.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have a small Swiss knife (classic, 2.3 in long, 7 functions) that I have on a key strap. I've tried bigger Swiss knives, a Leatherman-type tool, card-style multi-tools, and while they are nice to keep in my car or at my desk, the little Classic is the only one that's consistently useful enough to me to keep close to hand. Most of the time I find I need scissors, a small blade, a pointy tool (toothpick), or tweezers. But I never find myself needing a screwdriver, which is the one thing I might want a more robust multi-tool for. (Sometimes I use the nail file to get by with tightening a screw, if I'm not at home where I can grab a screwdriver.)

I keep thinking I want a very small, simple pocket knife (not folding) to add to my EDC, but every time I go to look I get overwhelmed by the choices and just bail. Smilie

ETA: Also, I never, ever think about taking my Classic out of my bag in the case of security screens, except when I travel. I've presented my bag at museums, the baseball stadium, government buildings, and have never even been asked to take it out for inspection. I'm guessing a pocket knife - unless really short - would not pass muster.

EATA: That Gerber Dime is looking reaaaaally cute though!! Might be a good gift idea for the holidays for my fellow preparedness enthusiasts. Smilie Thanks terayon!!
    Last edited by haraya; 11-16-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    I keep thinking I want a very small, simple pocket knife (not folding) to add to my EDC, but every time I go to look I get overwhelmed by the choices and just bail. Smilie
    I'm not sure I'd want to put a knife in my pocket if the blade didn't fold...

Have you seen the Spyderco Bug? It's tiny and cute but actually sharp. You can hang it from a keychain.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I'm not sure I'd want to put a knife in my pocket if the blade didn't fold...

Have you seen the Spyderco Bug? It's tiny and cute but actually sharp. You can hang it from a keychain.
    I am puzzled by this too?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast