Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Counting My Blessings

This American Thanksgiving I am counting Tom Bihn as one of my blessings. At the risk of TMI, I'd like to share why.

Last March I found out that I am positive for the BRCA 2 gene abnormality. In the midst of oncology appointments and medical plans of action, one of which was a prophylactic double mastectomy, TB released the color Sitka. It was a bit of fun in an otherwise un-fun season. I ordered all I could. While waiting for surgeries to be scheduled and more tests to be taken my lovely package arrived.

The box art, the kind note from Tom, and the glorious Sitka lightened my load. Expectation is a funny thing. I was overwhelmed with what was before me and your timely package in some way helped me to keep my head and keep walking. Thank you. Truly the small acts of kindness have the potential to keep us all sane.

After my mastectomy I found I couldn't carry bags slung across my chest, as I have done for years. My beloved Ego would have to go. (yeesh, there's some irony!) I swapped it out- wanting it to go to a good home and ordered a Cadet. It has been a perfect work bag. I have carried a Large or Medium Cafe Bag again, for years. But now I can't (passing them on to my daughters- how's that for legacy?) and need something else- looking forward to trying out the Little Swift!

All this to say "Thank you Tom Bihn and Friends." I am grateful for the bags you create that hold us in sickness and in health. I am grateful for your intentional acts of kindness. I am grateful that I will be around to love and annoy my teenaged daughters for many years.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Counting My Blessings-img_2101-jpegCounting My Blessings-img_2193-jpegCounting My Blessings-img_2232-jpeg
    Last edited by lacyfinn; 11-23-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing your story and reminding us all what matters most! Love and light to you.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow what a journey you had/have to make. Thank you for sharing. I love how you seem to look forward for solutions rather than backward at lost causes. I know I can use that attitude.
    I have no idea what the health issues are you are going through as my English seems not good enough, but I hope and wish you a lot room for improvement and strength to get there.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wishing you the best for a smooth and safe journey going forward. You are going through a lot, and it sounds like you have a close-knit family (who also enjoy Bihn products!). I am glad the Tom Bihn items gave you some happiness in what was a very physically and emotionally demanding time.

cave of caerbannog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Healing and Healthy Blessings for you...Tom Bihn stuff always makes me feel better too!!!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m glad you shared this post with us, lacyfinn: you’ve made your blessings our blessings! Thank you. Sending my wishes along with everyone else's for health and happiness.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for the kind words and well wishes. I am healing and doing well. Today I got on a bicycle for the first time in eight months- all is right in the world. Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lacyfinn View Post
    Thank you everyone for the kind words and well wishes. I am healing and doing well. Today I got on a bicycle for the first time in eight months- all is right in the world. Smilie
    Thank you for sharing and good on you for bicycling. We love to see you, here on the forum.