Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shift Change Reads

Wondering what's on the shelf for folks as seasons shift from one to another...be it fall into winter or spring to summer...active to hibernation or cocoon to butterfly...

I've got several going right now...

The Art of Travel by Alain de Botton ; The Only Street in Paris by Elaine Sciolino; and Max Perkins: Editor of Genius by A. Scott Berg. Just finished Accidental Saints by Nadia Bolz-Weber.

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm halfway through "The Hanging Tree" by Ben Aaronovitch - started well and then got stuck. Hopefully it will become unstuck sometime soon...
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Utah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished The Nix, by Nathan Hill. On a lot of lists, but highly recommended.

I also have been on a Neil Gaiman kick. I read The Graveyard Book and am about half way through American Gods. I like Gaiman's writing and thoroughly enjoyed The Graveyard Book. American Gods is less approachable and requires a more careful read.

Forum Member
    Upstate New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tune In, by Mark Lewisohn. First of a trilogy of books on the Beatles. A must read for fans. Incredibly thorough history. Volume 1 goes up through December 1962, before the madness started.
    Owner of Aeronaut 45, Aubergine/Wasabi; MCB, Plum; Travel Trays, Wasabi, NW Sky & Zest; PCSB, Iberian; PCBP, Steel, black dyneema CP & Pilot

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished 1Q84 and South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami. Still deciding what to pick up next...

Forum Member
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cat's Eye, by Margaret Atwood. I've had it for years (can't believe what I paid for it!); just felt like rereading it.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hanging Tree doesn't come out until January in the States. I have it on pre-order, so hopefully I like it. I've loved everything else in this series, particularly the audiobooks. The narrator is one of the best I've heard.

I'm currently re-reading some old favorites, and I just started The Invisible Guardian by Dolores Redondo, based on a recommendation from a co-worker.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm undecided as to what I will read next! I have a hankering to re-read All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy (expect a reduction in punctuation if that happens). Or, perhaps something by Ursula K. Le Guin, as I haven't yet read any of her books.

Great idea for a thread, btw, KmK... it's fun to know what people are reading!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite book of this year is A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. I'm currently reading Mara Wilson's Where Am I Now?

Forum Member
    Utah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Or, perhaps something by Ursula K. Le Guin, as I haven't yet read any of her books.
    The Lefthand of Darkness, winner of both Hugo and Nebula Awards, published in 1969, but still so relevant. Check out the reviews on Goodreads.