Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Ode to Orange

Northern California
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ode to Orange

I’m not much of an orange lover… or so I’ve told myself many times over the (many) years. My favorite color is purple! But a while back, TB introduced Burnt Orange. I bought a Burnt Orange COW, and it grew on me. This morning I noticed many orange things in my life… sitting around on my kitchen counters, or on my desk…

Clockwise from top left:
    Zest Large Shop Bag, Burnt Orange DLBC, Large and Small Travel Trays in Zest, Small Snake Charmer in Orange 152

Ode to Orange-img_2290-png
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors Wink, Multiplying OPs Smilie

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember "Color Me Beautiful" from back in the 1990s?

At a club meeting, someone invited a Color Me Beautiful person to give a talk, and they put me up front as the guinea pig.
    The way it normally worked is, they would drape fabric over you and you'd look in the mirror to see how the colors worked on you, and then they would decide if you were a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter coloring.

Except I wasn't sitting in front of a mirror. I was sitting in front of an audience.
    As each color got draped over me, I would see people frown and shake their heads.
    Then she draped orange over me and everyone smiled and said I looked great in orange.
    NOOOOO! I'm purple, I wailed.
    Nope, you're orange, they all agreed.

I splurged on some Monarch items for the debut, but I have mostly Aubergine and ultraviolet everything else, because PURPLE.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 11-30-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Forum Member
    Utah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely Ode @gochicken. For some reason it reminds me of my grandmother, who always had orange sherbet in her freezer.

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great photo @gochicken! on a side note, aren't those the astringent persimmon variety that makes your mouth furry? I can't remember if it's the flat ones or the heart ones ... anyway, beautiful pic!

Northern California
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, @GrussGott! Yes, those are the pointy persimmons (Hachiya, I think) from my neighbor's tree down the street. A few of us help pick, peel and slice them, then they get dehydrated... those are the dried pieces on the square-ish plate in the picture below the DLBC. I actually can't stand persimmons, the pointy or the flat, but I do love these ones dried. They are a bit chewy and very sweet. Mr. Gochicken loves the flat crunchy ones, and will eat these pointy ones when they get super soft.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors Wink, Multiplying OPs Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can I just remind everyone about @gochicken's earlier lovely picture of her Burnt Orange Lamy-AL Star fountain pen (also shown in the first picture in this thread) with Burnt Orange Clear Organizer Wallect and Plum FJN posted to the Burned Orange - it is a statment! thread nearly two years ago?

HTH

moriond

Northern California
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, moriond! I don't even remember posting that picture. I guess the Burnt Orange COW inspired even more orange purchases over time!

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was never an 'orange' person until I found TB items in ZEST. I love my zest shopping bag and travel tray (lunch bag).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk