Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Pixel XL

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pixel XL

@Bchaplin or anyone with one - how do you like your Pixel compared to the Nexus 5X? Curious to hear about any big improvements to the phone and/or Project Fi

thanks!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    @Bchaplin or anyone with one - how do you like your Pixel compared to the Nexus 5X? Curious to hear about any big improvements to the phone and/or Project Fi

thanks!
    Hi, @GrussGott. I like the Pixel a lot! Though for what I paid, I wish circumstances had been different and I'd waited a year for v2 Pixel XL

The two biggest improvements for me over the Nexus 5X were the bigger screen (a lot easier on my eyes) and the vastly larger storage (my music wouldn't fit on the Nexus and I prefer to download it all). Overall the screen is also brighter, and it is a little zippier than the Nexus, but this alone was not motivation to upgrade. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to find out. People say the camera is great, but I haven't used it enough so far to make any comparisons.

The built-in AI is probably improved. When I remember to use it, it seems quite smart. It's possible to do a lot with it if you can get over the mental image of being a person who talks to their phone...

As for Project Fi, it does not seem to me to be any different on this phone, but now that I'm using it full-time it works really well in the Boston area. I like the many informative charts built into Settings (especially the battery one) and the Project Fi app. Looking forward to seeing how the service performs in London.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

-----

EDIT: I just went back and looked at this post, and realized that "Sent from my Pixel..." was being tagged onto all my Tapatalk comments! I DO like phone but don't really feel like Tapatalk or Google need the free advertising.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 12-06-2016 at 10:18 AM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke