Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crock Pot recipes

Yes, this forum is one of the first places I go when looking for any type of new information!

I just got a 2 quart Crock Pot on super sale, and I have plenty of recipes for larger 4-6 quart sizes, but I would appreciate if anybody can recommend vegetarian recipes (no egg) for the smaller size, or tell me the principles of how to scale down the larger recipes.

By the way, Disneyland was a lot of fun (thanks for the tips everybody gave me!). It seemed as though there were far fewer rides with the Fast Pass option than what people described for Disneyworld, and for most of the classic fairy tale rides, we just waited in line relatively early. But the Fast Pass for Star Tours (scream), Splash Mountain (scream some more), and Goofy Sky School at California Adventure (yet more screaming - totally embarrassed my family and the extra rider they placed in our cab) was very helpful.

Also, since City Hall gets really crowded to pick up pins and tour gear, a staff member advised us that any shop along the Main Street will give out 1st visit or special occasion pins, so that helped us too!

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reduce the amount of the ingredients by half or a third to fit in the cooker. The cooking time will be reduced but not by 1/2 or 1/3, depends on what you're making, you've got a smaller amount of ingredients, but the the heater is sized for the cooker (if that makes sense).

Check out r/slowcooking if you're on reddit Smilie

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slow Cooker Enchilada Orzo - Damn Delicious

That's a super easy vegetarian crock pot recipe that you could halve to use in a 2 quart crock pot. I use dilatini pasta instead of orzo, reduce the amount of green chilis and we've even used vegetable cream cheese instead of plain (we add it just at the end). It's versatile since I've made it in the slow cooker (using the shorter heating time instructions) and also just quickly on the stove top. You could easily leave out the cream cheese for a vegan version.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, both of you! The proportions make sense for the smaller cooker. And I will have to try that orzo. I tried this recipe tonight with success in my larger Crock Pot (minus the oven step). I used penne and it came out great. It filled up two casserole dishes we have to eat our way through now! That is what made me want a smaller recipe.

Slow Cooker Recipe: Cheesy "Baked" Spinach & Mozzarella Rigatoni | Kitchn